• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you play a DMC game if you had to kill Dante at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Not gonna lie, if it was DmC Dante then I would gladly finish the game just to see that (hides in a corner)
Any other Dante, then no.

On a side note, I'd gladly play a DMC game with Nero as the main character. If not the main character then at least Dante's partner or something. I want to see his character evolve more.

Not gonna lie, if it was DmC Dante then I would gladly finish the game just to see that (hides in a corner)

On a side note, I'd gladly play a DMC game with Nero as the main character. If not the main character then at least Dante's partner or something. I want to see his character evolve more.

Agreed nero and vergil you are both missed come back to dmc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

If it was DmC Dante I would play the game over and over again. It would be the best game ever to kill the worst character ever.

"Puts Up Flame Fortress"

Bring-it_o_73695.jpg

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."

Haha same here :p

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Yes, although i like the character it's not a big of an issue, but i just cannot see a way to give a reason to kill Dante; unless something akin to Vergil's fate curses him too. One of my favourite animu characters, [SPOILERS] Kenshin Himura, died in a pretty "ironic" (i would even say "pathetic", but i think that's a too strong word to define his death) way; he spended his whole life fighting to die from illness in the arms of his wife, it was probably tuberculosis , with his body all fragile and being barely capable of walking; but i think that his death complements in a good way his own story, after all the murder he done and his "quest" to redeem himself for the band things he did, i think it was a good ending to a great character.

That only happened in the anime. In the manga, he and his wife Kaoru are/ were still alive during the special epilogue chapter

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
O_O Did you just say a chance to get rid of Dante for ever and ever and ever? .... OUO I like this idea.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Depends on the story and how its executed (which they will screw up).

A few years ago when DMC3 brought me in, I'd be totally against it because the franchise and its lead felt like it had such potential.

Right now my love for Dante has waned because of how they squandered him(2,4, the anime) so i rather they bench him and focus on different characters (Vergil, Lucia, Trish, Sparda and Eva, maybe Nero) and bring in some other new blood.

They dont have to kill him to do that but if they decide too, not much i can do but either check it out or dont but the game.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Initially, I thought that was going to be the final fight of DMC4, given the first half of the game. I thought it would be some sort of tragic boss battle, like the Jill Valentine fight in Resident Evil 5.

LoyalDanteFan

Depends on the story and how its executed (which they will screw up).

A few years ago when DMC3 brought me in, I'd be totally against it because the franchise and its lead felt like it had such potential.

Right now my love for Dante has waned because of how they squandered him(2,4, the anime) so i rather they bench him and focus on different characters (Vergil, Lucia, Trish, Sparda and Eva, maybe Nero) and bring in some other new blood.

They dont have to kill him to do that but if they decide too, not much i can do but either check it out or dont but the game.

I doubt they would even consider that. It would be a bigger controversy than DmC.

DanteSpardaDevil

Hell no. I would watch a wakthrough and cry like a bitch tho

I would play a game were Dante sacrifices himself to kill some really badass reality destroying demon,however.

Last edited by a moderator:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I doubt they would even consider that. It would be a bigger controversy than DmC.

Not even close buddy since most people on the net seemed to be cool with the idea of a Vergil game or a sparda game.

I think half the hate towards DMC4 came from most people who would rather have a vergil game or sparda game instead of Nero. Its cause fanbases tend to focus on what they could rather have rather than what they have in front of (especially when they are dissapointed). DmC suffered similarly and so did DMC3 before people played it.

I'm not saying you cant give Nero a game but its more of a uphill battle since he had a mixed reaction upon his debut so I rather keep him in the background like Raiden in MGS4. He wasnt a character people wanted so you gotta make him one.

Trish is popular but im not sure how popular so just give her and Nero a short campaign to choose from like KH BBS (Dante/Nero/Trish like how we got Ven/Terra/Aqua to chose from).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Not even close buddy since most people on the net seemed to be cool with the idea of a Vergil game or a sparda game.

I think half the hate towards DMC4 came from most people who would rather have a vergil game or sparda game instead of Nero. Its cause fanbases tend to focus on what they could rather have rather than what they have in front of (especially when they are dissapointed).
This. You have no idea how broken up I was when I found out that there would be no sign of Vergil (outside of Nero's DT) in DMC4.

So yes, I would most definitely be up for a for a Vergil-centric game with Dante as a side-character... and with Nero as a dead one. XD

[You know, because Vergil finished Nero off out of shame... falling in love with a mere mortal is motive enough in Vergil eyes, imo.]

Last edited:

LoyalDanteFan

I think half the hate towards DMC4 came from most people who would rather have a vergil game or sparda game instead of Nero. Its cause fanbases tend to focus on what they could rather have rather than what they have in front of (especially when they are dissapointed). DmC suffered similarly and so did DMC3 before people played it.

I'm not saying you cant give Nero a game but its more of a uphill battle since he had a mixed reaction upon his debut so I rather keep him in the background like Raiden in MGS4. He wasnt a character people wanted so you gotta make him one.

Trish is popular but im not sure how popular so just give her and Nero a short campaign to choose from like KH BBS (Dante/Nero/Trish like how we got Ven/Terra/Aqua to chose from).

True. But as a fan who loves (and has a crush on) Dante, I wouldn't get the game if I had to kill him. Stupid, I know, but hey, I would do the same if SEGA did that to Sonic. A game about Vergil or any other character is a pretty cool idea, but it doesn't have to happen by killing Dante. DMC wouldn't be the same without him.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Old topic is old. Please refrain from bumping old threads. You're always welcome to make a new, similar thread, so feel free to. As you guys and gals are new, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But please remember for future reference. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom