• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will DMC/DmC get sold?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i heard that capcom is running out of money fast. so i'm not sure that they will be able to develop a DMC or a DmC game any time soo or ever for that matter. so if devil may cry does get sold, who do you think it will be to?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Who knows, it depends who would want to pick it up.

Failing that, they could go into administration which I think would allow them to keep their games as their own, unless the administrators decide it would reclaim debt money easier by selling assets, rather than making games.

I wouldn't mind Suda51 getting the game and doing some kind of Shadows of the Damned, purely because that was so insane, weird and fuunny.

Martius

SSSmokin!
I would want PG to get that but publisher sounds more probably, maybe Namco or Konami? I doubt any western publisher would be interested.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I would want PG to get that but publisher sounds more probably, maybe Namco or Konami? I doubt any western publisher would be interested.

ya think? i'm pretty sure a vast majority of the DMC community scared off all the western developers

IncarnatedDemon

ya think? i'm pretty sure a vast majority of the DMC community scared off all the western developers
Everyone who is a fan of original Dante should wish for him to return home, to Team Little Devils.
capcom has abused the character enuff as it is with half assing his sequels.
Plus PG is great at H&S, so they are perfect match.

Like in Naruto "Home is where someone is thinking of you", i believe Kamiya cared about the character Dante to point he went bitter and made comments like "I dont care".

For a fictional character it is important to be with the creator(s), because they are passionate about their creation.
You can use the analogy that the creator is the father and the character is the son.

May be absurd thinking but it makes sense in my crazy head :)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Everyone who is a fan of original Dante should wish for him to return home, to Team Little Devils.
capcom has abused the character enuff as it is with half assing his sequels.
Plus PG is great at H&S, so they are perfect match.

Like in Naruto "Home is where someone is thinking of you", i believe Kamiya cared about the character Dante to point he went bitter and made comments like "I dont care".

For a fictional character it is important to be with the creator(s), because they are passionate about their creation.
You can use the analogy that the creator is the father and the character is the son.

May be absurd thinking but it makes sense in my crazy head :)

i just don't want them to do the DMC4 dante thing where they make him UNCLE DANTE *good morning*. that just felt ridiculous and i felt like they were trying to parody dante. that ain't cool. i feel like the closest thing to dante that is acceptable for everybody is DMC1 and DMC anime dante. DMC2 dante is to "withddrawn" while DMC3 dante is too "juvenile" and DMC 4 dante is too "silly" and DmC dante is too "edgy" for a lot of people. and its like that teen titans episode with raven splitting her personalities. the only one that works for everybody is the original.

IncarnatedDemon

i just don't want them to do the DMC4 dante thing where they make him UNCLE DANTE *good morning*. that just felt ridiculous and i felt like they were trying to parody dante. that ain't cool. i feel like the closest thing to dante that is acceptable for everybody is DMC1 and DMC anime dante. DMC2 dante is to "withddrawn" while DMC3 dante is too "juvenile" and DMC 4 dante is too "silly" and DmC dante is too "edgy" for a lot of people. and its like that teen titans episode with raven splitting her personalities. the only one that works for everybody is the original.
dmc4 Dante is a creation of Itsuno, not Kamiya nor Team Little Devils.

I really love the trolling attitude of dmc4 Dante , but he could been better overall.
Hes my second favourite Dante, second to dmc1 Dante.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it's a little early to start digging up a hole for Capcom to rest in peace in. I'll assume we are all speaking hypothetically and answer as such.

Yeah, we all hope that the game goes back to the staff that made it but I don't think Kamiya will make the game like DMC1 but with Bayonetta's combat, I think he'll make another Bayonetta, that's this style, and the only reason DMC came out like it did is because it was him and Shinji Mikami and Noboru Sugimura helping him building the world.

Ever play Demento (Hunting Ground), Resident Evil 2 or 4, DinoCrisis, PN03, or even GodHand? They all share alot of similarities with the original DMC, common elements, that although not the same, still show that the hands of the people involved had something to do with DMC.

Mikami is gone and Sugimura is dead and while it's not impossible to recreate what DMC1 was with more updated combat I think that Kamiya alone isn't enough.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it is unlikely that Capcom would sell the Devil May Cry franchise. there are less popular franchises Capcom could sell first and franchises they haven't done anything with in a long time.

Platinum owns no franchises and i doubt they would start by buying a franchise from Capcom. if they were to go into the publishing business they would probably start with a new IP or buy one of the games they made for Sega.

aoshi

Don't think so.

Resident evil is suffering more criticism than DMC and they jus announced that with positive feedback from titles like The last of us, They might return to the roots.So they have their interests in their franchise.But the way i see it, Console games are getting saturated with action and a change , for the better or worse, is welcome with open arms.

But i don't think Capcom will sell DMC. Heck, They haven't sold godhand though the creative director(Shinji mikami) left capcom.Heck, I don't think even street fighter(the oldest game of capcom) will suffer the fate as depicted by this thread.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
i heard that capcom is running out of money fast. so i'm not sure that they will be able to develop a DMC or a DmC game any time soo or ever for that matter. so if devil may cry does get sold, who do you think it will be to?

PG!!!!
And if not, hopefully whoever picks up the franchise gets back to the devil may cry roots and does the next game justice.
But PG.
Honestly. If word got out that they bought the DMC franchise, the majority of the fanbase (I'm generalising) will drop dead in shock. And then PG will sell the next DMC like hotcakes. Maybe sales will trump those of previous games? JUST PUT ENZO IN IT!!!! Gaaaaaaah! I sooooooo soooo want to see Dante and Enzo in it. Get Reuben back, get Allan back, hell get Daniel back too if they want to have another family reunion. No other VA's are ever going to cut it. EVER. Never never ever. Get the originals back and give us something above and beyond SSS.

Plus, they did really really well with Enzo in Bayonetta. He's the only legit character from DMC without infringing any rights, and they did him perfectly. I'm not the only one who thought 'whoa' when he came on screen, am I? He's exactly as I envisioned him, the voice, the attitude, the look, everything just clicks into place. If PG can do that with a minor character from DMC, imagine what they could do with the lead.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Someone posts this on DmC FB. Listen to 2.20m.Why probably won't be a DMC5( at least by PG).

Top Bottom