• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why hasn't anybody made any mod like this?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Dante.jpg

i know this should go to the mods section, but i'm too afraid that people rarely visit that section, specifically people with the knowledge with rendering, 3d-modeling, polygons something something..

how hard is it to do? if we know our way with rendering, 3d modeling, and that polygons something something, can we import the polygons from other games and plant it to his head?

oh, and this one looks cool for a live-action poster, nevermind..

my_name_is_dante_by_mirkostoedter-d76s5ad.jpg

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
It's doable as a 3D model; but I don't know if it can be implemented into the game. Good idea though, it's weird people missed that.

absolitude

well we've seen more complicated mods involving polygons in other games, i think it can be done.. maybe those people with the skill just don't care about the game that they won't bother.. man, if i knew my way with it..

Dark Drakan

Admin
Usually comes down to what mod tools are available and how easily accessible the game files are. Games such as Skyrim etc that have developer released mod tools have a much larger variety of mods than games that are relatively restricted or have user developed mod tools.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Given the amount of mods that have been created by the community, I would've loved mod support for this game. Man, that'd be so cool. Checking with character model you want before starting a mission.

absolitude

Usually comes down to what mod tools are available and how easily accessible the game files are. Games such as Skyrim etc that have developer released mod tools have a much larger variety of mods than games that are relatively restricted or have user developed mod tools.

oh i see, i thought it was simpler than that with all the 3d modeling fan art and all.. that sucks..

Given the amount of mods that have been created by the community, I would've loved mod support for this game. Man, that'd be so cool. Checking with character model you want before starting a mission.

yeah, and it helps the game alive longer, gonna need that so maybe they'll consider sequel, lol.. ah, imagining the game getting overall mods, better polygons, cleaner looks, enhanced visuals.. i sure envy them mods at skyrim

Dark Drakan

Admin
oh i see, i thought it was simpler than that with all the 3d modeling fan art and all.. that sucks..

yeah, and it helps the game alive longer, gonna need that so maybe they'll consider sequel, lol.. ah, imagining the game getting overall mods, better polygons, cleaner looks, enhanced visuals.. i sure envy them mods at skyrim

3D Models are one thing but adding animations and physics to those models are another thing entirely.

absolitude

with that face and hair, it certainly is alot better, being closer to the original --DMC2 looks and shorter DMC3 hair at the least, then maybe fans will go bit more easy with the reboot, leaving the appearance alone and only bash the gameplay and story, lol..

whoever did the editing did a great job, love the bob hair, it's a fresh look, perfect for young dante..

Top Bottom