• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does Dante matter SO MUCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I only know of Capcom's rep through you guys on this forum. I had never touched a Capcom game before DMC. In fact, i hated Capcom because they did Street Fighter.

I would love too see a game of JUST Dante and Vergil.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Darth Angelo;202152 said:
Well in terms of the order of games the "main event" has already been brought back and settled once and for all hasn't it?

Yeah I guess......I read that quote as more of the main storyline....which for me has always been Dante and Vergil annoying each other - but that may just be me concentrating on what I like to see ^_^

aoshi

Vergil'sB*tch;202189 said:
I only know of Capcom's rep through you guys on this forum. I had never touched a Capcom game before DMC. In fact, i hated Capcom because they did Street Fighter.

I would love too see a game of JUST Dante and Vergil.

Why would u hate street fighter? Its a great game.

Durante

Dead
aoshi;202199 said:
Why would u hate street fighter? Its a great game.

I don't really wanna step in,but you should know that everyone has their own tastes. Therefore a person would not like what you like in every way.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I don't wanna start a debate, but i prefer Tekken.

Actually, as side note, has anyone heard from SpardaTM? It's been a few days since he commented on the forum.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Vergil'sB*tch;202202 said:

Actually, as side note, has anyone heard from SpardaTM? It's been a few days since he commented on the forum.

Street Fighter 2 raised me as a child but now I much prefer Tekken as well.

Anyway I guess it would be fine to have Dante back as long as his role actually meant something a bit more significant to the game. Personally im take it or leave it with him now if I had to choose I would definitely have just Nero.

aoshi

Street fighter is in same lines as DMC in combat style except for the dimensions. It was jus a simple question. I was not intending on a debate.I play tekken as well.

I know this is off topic but wanted to ask. I guess this stops here.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

He's disconnected internet until March to focus on his exams. Don't worry, he'll be back around then ;)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You know, this whole idea of Sparda and Vergil being dead bothers me. In the DMC universe, isn't there this idea that souls live on, somehow? That being 'dead' or defeated doesn't mean you're completely out of the picture? It's a bit confusing how Eva is dead, for example, yet Mundus is able to create a copy in her image, which Dante treats (toward the end) almost as if she is reincarnated in Trish? That when powerful demons are defeated, their souls live on in weapons or their power can be absorbed by others ("take my soul and go forth") rather than being absolutely destroyed? And of course the whole idea of an Underworld or Hell filled with demons borrows from modern religions, most of which state that bodies are material vessels for souls that are immortal, and DMC is full of references to that kind of thing.

In that case, Eva, though dead, would have a soul floating around somewhere, as would Sparda and Vergil. They wouldn't simply be 'gone', right? Unless someone like Mundus has the power to completely annihilate a soul along with its body (Griffon? Eva? Vergil?)

In the DMC universe, souls should be around for ever unless they are deliberately destroyed... so I have this idea that if Sparda died a natural death, surely he'd be watching from... somewhere?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Mundus would have the power to control or destroy a soul (example Nelo dmc). There is (i wouldn't class it a s a rumor), that Sparda's soul is in somepart of the Underworld.
Also, in the 1st DMC novel, Gilver (Vergil to anyone that doesn't know) uses human bodies as vessels for the demons souls that he brings out of the underworld. I think those demon animate dead human corpses.

Then again, if you remember DMC4 Credo burst into specs of gold dust when he died... who knows?

Meg

I do like to think that the souls of vergil and sparda are floating around somewhere. I'm thinking that in DMC 6 or 7 one or both of them are gonna come back in some way.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
I'd rather not think of Vergil being officially dead. Even so Dante concluded about his brother's death still has no concrete basis. He did had seen his brother blown up after he finally defeated him as seen in their last battle, leaving only the half amulet their mother gave them but it doesn't mean his entire existence has reached to its end. Perhaps when the moment he lost the battle and was in such a state being, his soul had probably freed from Mundus' grasps. So I do agree with the thought of having Vergil's soul still around somewhere.

Another thing is, haven't the Order of the Sword found nothing but just the Yamato alone in Mallet island? Assuming that Vergil had really died, they should have supposed to at least have some little discoveries on convincing what Vergil had gone into being dead to no good.

That's up to Capcom anyway. Yet still, I hope Vergil will have his come back. xD

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I was just really dissapointed with Nero in general. He just stuck me as an Emo who always whines to much. And that annoyed me. Dante? Got to admit, I loved his personality. He just seems like the type to put a smile on every's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom