• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who was more fun to play as?

more fun?

• Dante

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Nero

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero is for casual playing but dante is better and more fun by far for advanced jump canceling.

It depends on how you play , i like to guard fly and star rave and more so i prefer dante to play as and as a character

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
for Nero no style/weapon/gun changing. and the buster is a great help. most of the time game does all the work
but i'm going with Dante. more combo styles and weapons. its a bit hard but playing with Dante but its fun.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'd say Dante. More combos, more weapons, more skill required, more fun to me. Dante's levels are the ones that show the best of DMC4's combat system.
Those Devil Bringer animations though (especially on bosses) :cool:
I like the Devil Bringer! But Dante is Dante.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Dante all the way!! Gameplay was beyond awesome.
I wouldn't even have made it till DMD mode if there wasn't any Dante in it. For me, Nero's novelty wore off after Demon Hunter mode and it was reduced to a chore. :(

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero is a noob to the devil hunting thing so I liked him best at first. But this was my first hand at dmc.
Dante was just a nuisance and show off that I wanted to destroy.
And then when I got to play AS Dante, i was more than a bit miffed (reflects on times I let him get pulverized by demons for some sense of satisfaction).

But now after playing Dante in this game and others, Dante was the most fun. All the styles, all the weapons, all the combos. Way more fun than Nero.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, Dante. When you look at combo videos, you can see there's really not much of a way to make Nero your own. No way to create your own playstyle. In most of those combo videos, all I see is people jump canceling the living hell out of it, and throwing in some sword revving. Every time I played as him, I would depend on the same four combos or so.

I didn't really find the style switching to be too important, though. It's almost like you had more combos in DMC3, when you were limited to one style.

Keaton

Premium
I'm actually a fan of both heroes, Dante was versatile and it was fun trying to adjust to his method of play - combining styles, weapons etc was epic! But then Nero was almost a purist character, learning how to master his moves was an entirely different experience - Table Hopper, Exceed Gauge etc were all moves that needed split second timings which were epic to learn!

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I like them both. Nero with the devil bringer made fighting enemies essayer. I didn't have to run up to em I just have to "Get over here!" with the devil bringer and bam Red Queen and Blue Rose did the rest.

With Dante I like I that I could use all the styles on the fly.... Like how I wished it was for DMC 3. It felt nice switching from gunslinger to sword-mater and then to trickster when I need the right combo finish! Both have their own flavor and I like them very much. Heheh. :cool:

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Nero is more straight foward and pratical to use, and most bosses were designed with his Devil Bringer in mind, so there is a lot of fun to be had with him.

But I voted Dante because I really really enjoy his weapons and guns more.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Pfff bulls*it! He rocks in DMC4.

On a side note, guys, I have to say that fighting AGAINST Dante in DMC4 was pretty awesome too. I mean, looking at him doing the same moves I've been doing as him for such a long time was fu*king fun for me xD
Yeah. See what I meant in the thread about the 'f*ck you' in DmC? I explained that I'm not a DmC hater, but that I often see people unnecessarily flame-baiting in threads about DMC, and that it p*ssed me off. It's fine if he doesn't like DMC4 Dante, but it's another thing to reply with passive-aggressive comments every time the subject is DMC4 or DMC4 Dante. It doesn't add anything to the debate - it's a whine, nothing more.

But I personally didn't find fighting Dante in DMC4 to be that much fun. He was way too evasive for my liking. Every time you wanted to attack him, he'd jump away or use some Trickster move to evade. Even when he was attacking at that moment! He never really used any cool combos on me either - it was just a few slashes and jumps. So it didn't feel like a real battle. But maybe I wasn't playing on the right difficulty or something.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah. See what I meant in the thread about the 'f*ck you' in DmC? I explained that I'm not a DmC hater, but that I often see people unnecessarily flame-baiting in threads about DMC, and that it p*ssed me off. It's fine if he doesn't like DMC4 Dante, but it's another thing to reply with passive-aggressive comments every time the subject is DMC4 or DMC4 Dante. It doesn't add anything to the debate - it's a whine, nothing more.

But I personally didn't find fighting Dante in DMC4 to be that much fun. He was way too evasive for my liking. Every time you wanted to attack him, he'd jump away or use some Trickster move to evade. Even when he was attacking at that moment! He never really used any cool combos on me either - it was just a few slashes and jumps. But maybe I wasn't playing on the right difficulty or something.

Hahahaha I understand you... he was indeed hellishly evasive... during the fight I could imagined that song "can't touch me!" in the background LOL

Top Bottom