• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was your first ever console?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
One thing is for sure graphics&Controls doesn't really matter as these so called "Hardcore" Gamers whine about 24/7
the graphics sux the controls sux
the story was too short
the game feels "Unrealistic"
The game feels like anime like otaku stuff superhero stuff
already we supposed to be controlling pixles and ploygons ! how much perfection do you need ?? are those ppl who played commodore 64 ?

Games aren't supposed to be taken that seriously just play them for fun if it isn't fun for you fine go try another one why whine about it ?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I get your point Donte, but you should excercice a bit of a better choice of words. Excluding the fact that you are being off topic, your post was full of curses and was edited. Please try a different approach in the future.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
To be fair, expectations have changed since the first games came out - you wouldn't expect them to look like they used to, knowing what technology is available to developers now. It would be like going to see the latest Disney cartoon and watching someone flick a book corner in front of you to give the illusion of animation. With very few exceptions, people like to see something better, not worse, from game companies. I mean, I still play old games for nostalgic reasons and because I enjoy them - but by hell they look ugly and are waaaay too short, with controls that seem clunky and unintuitive. If I'm forking out £40 for a game nowadays, I expect it to last a good while, have some replay value, look good, sound good and operate well. If I'm picking up an old copy of Streets of Rage for a fiver off some guy on ebay, I just want it to run how I remember it - if it doesn't, I'll get annoyed but otherwise I'm happy with it because it's doing exactly what it was meant to do within the capabilities that were available at the time of creation.

/off-topic. I'm going to go give myself a warning now. Carry on :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
^Desert/jungle strike! I'd totally forgotten about those games! I can't remember which console I had them for? The Mega Drive maybe?

They did release them for The Mega Drive and the Genesis, Master System and Super NES. They were followed by Urban/Soviet/Nuclear strike and then Future Strike which ended up turning into Future Cop: L.A.P.D on the PS1 (random fact).

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I'm gonna have to do an Ebony and go “Desert/Jungle Strike!!!” too :D I think I had that for the Mega Drive.

The first console I bought with mine own hard earned cash when I was 16 and it was the PS2. I remember I paid £260 odd for it in Woolworths (remember that?) for it and it came with LotR: Return of the King and Medal of Honour: Rising Sun. I love that big ol’ brick. And it’s outlived 2 Xbox 360’s and still going strong.

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Sega Genesis Model 1. I seriously love it so, so much. Too many good and fun memories with it.

Top Bottom