• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What the Anime lacked

Which Dante is most interesting to you?

• DMC1 Dante

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Viewtiful Joe Dante (Not much of a difference from DMC1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DMC2 Dante

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • SMT: Nocturne Dante (DMC2 Dante with a slightly cockier personality)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DMC3 Dante

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • DMC4 Dante

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • DmC Dante

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The DMC anime had many awsome points but I still feel it has flaws in it. and here are small complaints I have about;

THE FIGHTS

Dante's fights are extremely easy for Dante, and that's no fun! Yeah, I know Dante's suppose to be bad-ass and very strong, but still, give him some challange! Ever since DMC3, after defeating Arkam, who had Sparta's power, then defeated his brother, it seems he's strong. Then DMC1 comes and he defeated his brother again, and defeated the KING of HELL! In actuallity, Dante's become WAY to powerful in the anime, and now nothing is a challenge anymore! Like the final fight for example;

Look how fast that fight was. Dante gets hit, and stabbed but he gets right back up and kills the supposite final boss, who's power rivals Mundus. It took a while for Dante to beat Mundus, but it takes him about a minute to kill this son of a B!-? Really?!

CHARACTERS
I really didn't feel Patty was an important person in the story that much. Sure she was the cute, relief character who annoys Dante, but she was only an important character in the final two episodes and episode 1. Morrison was the most bad-ass guy on that anime to me. He was the only human who I felt was the most capable guy to work with Dante and not die so easy. Dante and Morrison's relationship was something of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson to me. In fact the trailer kind of sums up what the anime felt like to me;

See what I mean?

DANTE
Dante, like I said in "the fights", is way too powerful. Every fight was absolutely easy for him. But it's not only cause Dante was too strong, but the demons were too weak. I think if they did a DMC5 (Not the Reboot), then it would be Dante, kicking everyone's ass, no challenge, no real threat for him, and he would have no emotions at all. He would just try to look cool like in DMC4; He was awesome but had no real personality at all, just a parody of his DMC3 self. just three times I see emotions from him in DMC4; When Credo died, When he got Yamato, and When he called Nero's name. Other then that, he's just showing no real characteristics at all. It's like a robot, set on stylish. In the anime, he was just a slightly cockier version of his DMC2 self. DMC3 was the one where he was truely great in character. DMC1 was just as good. But 2, 4, and the anime were not so good at all. Guess I'll wait and see what the Alternate (Not really a reboot anymore) DmC has for Dante's emotion, character, story, and personality factors.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree somewhat.

My main problem was that they didnt dare to do anything new with the characters or really challenge him so it came off as rather safe.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Dante was waay too overpowered and his power lack consistency in the end. For him to be beaten so easily by the last boss only to come back and beat the boss just as easily, well, it was just silly.

I thought the same about the Holmes/Watson thing too. As for Patty, I felt she was just tacked on for comic relief.

It’s a shame since I really liked the animation, the stories weren’t bad, could have been a lot worse. It just really needs more exciting fight scenes. A Devil May Cry fight scene choreographed in the same style as Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo would be epic. Ah, but we can only dream.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Madhouse had many reasons to create the anime the way they did. since I already argued my heart about it, I wont discuss it unless someone wants me to.
anime-phoenix-wright-462341.gif

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
If you want.
well, ok then... here are the reasons:
1. Dante is badass... what I mean by that is, most players are not extreamly skilled DMC players, so they get hurt alot. Dante can only really show his badassness throught cutseens, so what Madhouse did was show how dante is in real life, and not in the hands of the player.
anime-phoenix-wright-094087.gif

2. Dante is the son of sparda: all of the demons want to kill dante to obtain the power to rule the demon world, but they cant, because he wields the power of Sparda, the most powerful demon king of his time. this would be a contradiction if all the battles were a challenge for dante.
anime-phoenix-wright-539826.gif

3. His sword. Rebellion is the physical manifestation of Dantes power, therefor, ultamite baddassery has some rather permanate effects on a demons body.

This is all logical evidence, of course, so my opinion is not strongly worded in this testimony. I thank you all for listening.
anime-phoenix-wright-860889.gif

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
well, ok then... here are the reasons:
1. Dante is badass... what I mean by that is, most players are not extreamly skilled DMC players, so they get hurt alot. Dante can only really show his badassness throught cutseens, so what Madhouse did was show how dante is in real life, and not in the hands of the player.

2. Dante is the son of sparda: all of the demons want to kill dante to obtain the power to rule the demon world, but they cant, because he wields the power of Sparda, the most powerful demon king of his time. this would be a contradiction if all the battles were a challenge for dante.
anime-phoenix-wright-539826.gif

3. His sword. Rebellion is the physical manifestation of Dantes power, therefor, ultamite baddassery has some rather permanate effects on a demons body.

This is all logical evidence, of course, so my opinion is not strongly worded in this testimony. I thank you all for listening.
anime-phoenix-wright-860889.gif

Interesting words. now let me offer this as a rebudle;

1. Dante is bad ass as you say, and some people who play as him who are not good at DMC will see him in his prime besides cutscenes, but you have to consider that most of those fights were really quick. It's like Inner Moka from Rosario Vampire, we know she's strong already by the way she presents herself, but I prefer some skill with defeating harder enimies. The same's with Dante, the players know he's badass and strong, but giving him at least a few challenges would be good. Like the fight with the brothers in episode 10 I think, at least that was considered a bit of a challenge, but still not enough for me.

2.Yes, he is the son of Sparda, the most powerful Demon in the DMC universe, but still, there's always that one enemy who comes around from, I don't know, the other side of the world, or another Universe, and really gives Dante a challenge to deal with and someone who Dante really feels preesure to fight. Like Kenpachi from Bleach. Kenpachi is strong, monsterly powerful, and atomic bomb level! But even Kenpachi felt he was going to die while fighting Nnoitra, and got more serious and owned him, but didn't get any stronger which still kept him fearful, but still weak enough to still have room to grow. That's what keeps fresh a character without him being over powered a expective. It's the manga industries powerful weapon.
anime-phoenix-wright-773344.gif

3. Rebellion serves no purpose to the DMC story like Yamato and Force Edge did. The sword was just a sword to swing around and cut demons with. That sword was Sparda's weakest sword, but he still had it possibly to make fights more interesting, instead of completely over powering his opponents. Since Dante's Sparda's son, he was given the sword as a bit of a handicap for Dante, but Dante ended up making Rebellion extremely powerful, thus turning Dante even powerful then Sparda himself. And yes, I know I'm not making sense to your question! Yes, I think I just lost the third case!
ville-karma.gif

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Interesting words. now let me offer this as a rebudle;

1. Dante is bad ass as you say, and some people who play as him who are not good at DMC will see him in his prime besides cutscenes, but you have to consider that most of those fights were really quick. It's like Inner Moka from Rosario Vampire, we know she's strong already by the way she presents herself, but I prefer some skill with defeating harder enimies. The same's with Dante, the players know he's badass and strong, but giving him at least a few challenges would be good. Like the fight with the brothers in episode 10 I think, at least that was considered a bit of a challenge, but still not enough for me.

2.Yes, he is the son of Sparda, the most powerful Demon in the DMC universe, but still, there's always that one enemy who comes around from, I don't know, the other side of the world, or another Universe, and really gives Dante a challenge to deal with and someone who Dante really feels preesure to fight. Like Kenpachi from Bleach. Kenpachi is strong, monsterly powerful, and atomic bomb level! But even Kenpachi felt he was going to die while fighting Nnoitra, and got more serious and owned him, but didn't get any stronger which still kept him fearful, but still weak enough to still have room to grow. That's what keeps fresh a character without him being over powered a expective. It's the manga industries powerful weapon.
anime-phoenix-wright-773344.gif

3. Rebellion serves no purpose to the DMC story like Yamato and Force Edge did. The sword was just a sword to swing around and cut demons with. That sword was Sparda's weakest sword, but he still had it possibly to make fights more interesting, instead of completely over powering his opponents. Since Dante's Sparda's son, he was given the sword as a bit of a handicap for Dante, but Dante ended up making Rebellion extremely powerful, thus turning Dante even powerful then Sparda himself. And yes, I know I'm not making sense to your question! Yes, I think I just lost the third case!
ville-karma.gif
Well, you brought up some very good points. I can agree that Dante could use some challenges, but our discussion is based on opinions, so technically, we're both right. This has been a great discussion, and I thank you for not trolling on my statements.
anime-phoenix-wright-304697.gif

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
*complete off topic* I just had to say I liked both your posts guys for the awesome Phoenix Wright Sprites XD
It cheered me up for some reason ^^

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Off topic once again, but on my part: we need more Phoenix Wright .gifs during these conversations. It makes the thread seem more comfortable to read and it just brings a smile on my face :cool:

On topic: I've always been a bit skeptical about the Devil May Cry anime series. Is it worth watching the show?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Off topic once again, but on my part: we need more Phoenix Wright .gifs during these conversations. It makes the thread seem more comfortable to read and it just brings a smile on my face :cool:

On topic: I've always been a bit skeptical about the Devil May Cry anime series. Is it worth watching the show?
Off: well, I picked up the habit of using phoenix wright gif's with all my posts :D
On: yes, its definatly worth watching.
anime-phoenix-wright-085279.gif

Top Bottom