• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What other items could be absorbed?

Gray Knight

Nero in DMC 4 absorbed a couple of different items into his devil bringer throughout 4 and I know he was just developing his abilites for the first time but would you like him to absorb items into the devil bringer in the future?
Should this assimilation thing be expanded upon? What sort of abilities could he gain from it?
I think if he shows up again it would be nice to see him keep everything he kept at the end of 4 from his absorption, except make something like the item radar a purchasable thing in shop.
For example let's say he killed a secretary from DMC2 he'd absorb their ability to generate a blade from the hand like they do in Devil Trigger. Or again if we reference DMC2 again he'd absorb the devil hearts into his devil bringer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What kind of abilities? Hmmm...

I'd like to see a ground pound, with him launching all of the enemies within a certain radius. Kinda like DmC'd DT, but of course without the enemies being freezed in the air. Just a massive launcher causing a hard knockdown.

An ability that lets Buster launch enemies after they get slammed into the ground (let's say, if you hold the button instead of pressing it).

A strangling move, summoning that big ghost arm, that keeps an enemy in its fist while dealing with another one.

All of those with the proper balance and limitations of course.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
just off the top of my head
what if Nero absorbed some Quicksilver like power
but instead of just simply slowing down time

you can manipulated how the enemies you hit are effected by time

like for example you throw an enemy forward into slowmotion but then you drag other enemy's in the way and then change that slowmotion into fast forward
then the velocity at which you threw the first enemy becomes like a bullet and the enemys in the way get knocked down like bowling pins

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'd like to see nero absorbs any devil arms in other characters' posession in this case maybe dante and vergil.. and for the sake of good story build up make it accidental, like nero has no power over what it just did, so to say, this devil bringer is a actually a very powerful hand of a demon, maybe it was either sparda's or mundus' or maybe even goku's

Gray Knight

Find a piece of Nero Angelo's armor and absorb it to gain the ability to throw fireballs from his bringer, as well as possibly cover his bringer in energy like Nelo did after the first fight with him and use it as a cqc weapon.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, if he absorbs things that means he gains an arm power, not an ability. Superspeed would only be for his arm, solidification would only work on his arm and so forth.

Anyway, there are a lot of standards for that idea, it's a game basic since the NES, power absorption and appropriation.

You got the basics, like the power to now break certain objects which means the stronger arm, basicly the character turns to metal or stone or the like which means they become heavier. On the same but slightly different concept, rather than break through it he/she can now walk through this object.

You got elemental change, he turns to fire, lightning, water/ice, or air, or gets those attributes.

There is the ability to survive in certain environments, like poison atmosphere, lava, underwater, or just flight.

There is shielding, new projectile, radial explosion attack, animal transformation, the ability to change size, change shape of extremities to tool or weapon.

Think Primal/Megaman but restricted to one arm.

Edit:
And don't forget characters with hand powers. You got Hellboy, Hell Teacher Nube, Gene from GodHand, anyone who uses their hand to summon anything, Miroku from InuYasha, Touma from To Aru, Ed from Full Metal, main dude from D.Gray Man, Krauser in RE4, and so on. That's just as long a list.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Thats quite a general array of powers you listed there. Still would be cool to see them added.
I'm not saying to add them all, I'm just saying that it's been done and there are a lot of examples of what you can do with the concept.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero absorbing different demon forms (Devil Triggers) into his Devil Bringer. And he uses the DB to project these demon forms.

Gray Knight

Yeah, similar to wicked weaves from bayonetta just based on the devil arm absorbed. Had an idea like that before I even knew bayonetta was a thing.

Top Bottom