• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon Help Thread (possibly FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowNinja X7

I've started this thread as a weapon help thread, as some people have problems using certain weapons. If need be, I (or another user) may write a FAQ on a certain weapon(s) Right now I'll list each weapons basic use, from my experience.

Devil Arms
These should be your main weapons, even with gunslinger. Most of your fighting is done up close to the enemy.

Rebellion-Great all around weapon, good in pretty much every situation

Cerberus-Fastest weapon, hits everything around you, but short range. Great as a support weapon, takes skill to use as your main though.

Agni and Rudra-Another great weapon, has speed power and crowd control, yet massve breaks inbetween animations. Hard to use as main, but great as yet another support weapon, as the breaks give you TONS of cancelling opportunites.

Nevan-Can you say crowd control? Great against Enigma's and any crowds, yet its the hardest weapon to use, since most moves require you go into Tune-Up stance before you can do anything, so you have to position yourself right.

Beowulf-What can I say? Its fast enough if you know how to dodge, and has the highest attack power. Combos awsome with all other weapons. Downsides include a huge lack of range and crowd control.

Guns
These are back-ups to your DA's, and are great with gunslinger.

Ebony and Ivory-Most well rounded gun in the game, fast and can suspend the enemy in the air. Also become wickedly cool with gunslinger.

Shotgun-One of my two favorite guns. The closer you are to the enemy, the more damage you do. Plus it has a cool knockback effect that can be manipulated using Quicksilver, which happens to be my favorite style.

Artemis-Without Gunslinger, this is crappy. With Gunslinger, its the ultimate gun, provided you can charge the shots and melee at the same time. The added damage this gun gives you with Multi-Lock on one enemy is unreal, higher then any other gun in the game.

Spiral-Strong, long range and pierces. Only problem is it's slow. This is easily fixed by RG cancelling or weapon switch-cancelling. Also, you have no aerial attack with this gun, making it harder to use.

Kalina Ann-This games Bazooka. Strong, but slow and REALLY short range. This will knock DT'd enemys down in about two shots though, so usful for your beginning into DMD.

Hope this helps this thread get started, if you have questions about using a weapon, post them here and I'll help you out as best I can.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
hhhmmm...................great explanation......................but i dont need it for now.................and dont forget that Shotgun has a special trick that is Stinger................such as Rebellion..................and u can use only Gunslinger

ShadowNinja X7

If you don't need it then why are you posting here? Also, that is a specific move for gunslinger. The only gunslinger specific move I posted was for Artemis. And the only reason I posted it is because thats the only thing that really makes it remotely usful.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya..................i used a little of Arthemis coz i was trapped in Mission 18 in Chess.................it was useful...................but i realized that i sould chase the King..............or else the others wont be able to dye in DMD

Dark Elf

Dagger user
d4rkn1ght;6688 said:
hhhmmm...................great explanation......................but i dont need it for now.................and dont forget that Shotgun has a special trick that is Stinger................such as Rebellion..................and u can use only Gunslinger

You mean you can perform a Gun Stinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom