• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf 's Soul

hi, im starting to use vergil in the game (very cool) and i have some questions:

1- How many costumes does he have, and how do you get them
2- how do i use the yamato charged attack (i alway miss lol)
3-Which do you think is the best weapon of vergil?

KojiDude

1) 5. You have to beat the game on all the difficulties in a row, or use the famous cheat to unlock them.

2) Just hold down /\ and then let go once it's fully charged. It works best from a distance. Don't bother trying to control it like Vergil does in the boss battles, because it doesn't work.

3) IMO, Beowulf is the best. Yamato is cool, but it's really pretty useless on higher difficulties. Beowulf's R1 + /\ forward, used while tapping Square constantly can kill enemies very quickly, even on VMD. Especially if you're in DT. If you're using Force Edge, the best combo is the one Vergil uses against you in Mission 20. Slash, slash, TrickUp + Helm Breaker, Stinger. It works the best on Hell Vanguards, if you use AirTrick to dodge their slash first.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Actually, the best weapon for Vanguards is Beowulf, cos it deals increased damage on dark creatures

KojiDude

Eh... I think Beowulf is too slow for Vanguards, because they usually block my R1 + /\ forward every time. :\ I prefer Force Edge. If you time AirTrick right (like with Just Block and Just Release) you can dodge incoming attacks. I pretty much have it down-pat, and it helps alot (especially in Mission 13&20), I don't know, I guess I just like the speed of FE.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Beowulf is quite fast. Just don't use Lunar Phase, and you will kill Vanguard in several seconds. Mission 20 is too easy for me, but I'm stuck on m 19

KojiDude

M 19 is hard with Vergil, unless you're Nelo Angelo (but then you'll probably be getting a horrible rank). I'm so used to using Air Trick and TrickUp during battle, then they just take it away.>_<

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I had many tries, but I finally made it for the S rank (VHM)
Afraid to think what it will be like if I try to complete it with SS (VHM and VMD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom