• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Me and devilsnevercry6 have already discussed this, but I want to know what you think. Does the aspect of having vehicles in a devil may cry game make the game cheesy and silly, I don't thibk so.

Why not have Dante on a bike, in a tank or in a helicopter?

Keaton

Premium
I do. Look at lots of other games who try and utilize vehicles, it makes it cheesy and the gameply is often comprimsed, I think Capcom should steer clear.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ okay, then let me narrow it down, Dante on a bike is not cheesy, they have him on one in the cutscenes, so to gameplay I think it would be cool, forget helicopters then, but more ariel missions with dante, and a few bike rides aren't going to completely ruin Dmc, not as much as 2 trust me.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Using other things that just their bodies in game-play is not something I would like to see. Usually I am not fond when I play a game, and in some missions the main characters use some kind of alternative way to move. That includes characters using vehicles, or characters swimming underwater, and stuff like that. I don't mind Dante doing awesome and cool moves in cut-scenes with bikes (I though that was one of the cool parts in Devil May Cry 2), but as far as game-play is concerned I would rather follow the original road.^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, perhaps vehicles are a bad idea, I thought the bike idea sounded cool but maybe not. It's just annoying watching all those cool bike scenes and not being able to jump on one, but hey, that's my opinion :).

Keaton

Premium
Dante on a Bike in a scene is fine, that doesnt bother me because I know it will look cool.

But the gameplay would REALLY go down hill with it and then there would be GTA style DMC games which would kill a fantastic series...

So, no to vehicles >.< in gameplay

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
EDIT: I shall wait to see what devilsnevercry6 thinks.

Keaton

Premium
You started it. You can always do edit>delete your first post. ^.o

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
i think if the level was on a vehicle, like on a train or something,then that would be quite cool.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I suppose, but what is Dante going to be doing chasing a train or something?

If there was a special item he needed and it was on there being kept from him then I agree, I think it would be cool to jump on a bike and go and get it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ yeah exactly, more free roam for bikes, perhaps letting you ride around Fortuna.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ well it is almost a definite, if they just add a load of dmc based streets and buldings and backgrounds, besides they could at least test the idea and if they think it sucks then just dion't add vehicles, I say they should at least give it a try, can't be worse than 2 .lol.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ if they do then I think that will kill Dmc, you know, be the finishing blow to the gaming series.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ well I guess, the truth being they don't care for fans but for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom