• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unknown is the fate of DmC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Anyone want to see a cutscene where an Angel shoots lightning at Dante, who reappears behind him and goes "You missed." Right before a sonic boom shatters all the windows on the steet?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, well I figure if DmC satirizes action Movies, DmC2 should be a satire/reconstruction of the superhero movie (making fun of all the Cliches, but still having genuine fun with it.)

Also, bar fight. How has DMC/DmC not have ONE bar fight yet?
Oh, I completely agree with all of this. It should also make fun of the power fantasies that we all have (at one point or another in our lives).

Bar fights are a good idea as well. Something like the trailer for MvC3 with Deadpool and Classic Dante, perhaps?

Last edited:

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Oh, I completely agree with all of this. It should also make fun of the power fantasies that we all have (at one point or another in our lives).

Bar fights are good are a good idea as well. Something like the trailer for MvC3 with Deadpool and Classic Dante, perhaps?

That should totally be the trailer for the crossover between the two universes. Both Dante's in a bar, drinking. A bunch of demons attack and the two whoop ass without spilling their drinks.

All while the two trade stories, one liners and banter.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
For god's sake people DmC2 is not gonna happen!

Capcom have made it very clear that 2 million copies gets a sequel, less than 2 million copies does not and Modern Day Capcom will not abandon that policy for a universally hated reboot of one of their smaller franchises in a niche genre.

Some have even said that it doesn't make any sense to return to the original series after a reboot, well guess what Capcom doesn't have common sense, they go where the money is and DmC is not where it's at.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
there is always fanfic :blush:

seriously speaking, i cant say whether or not it would happen (probably not) but if it does I'll give it a fair shake if it interests me.:angel:

If it or DMC5 doesnt then i will just find something else.:cautious::rolleyes:

life will go on.:D

Elijah Guerrero

I would welcome the sequel to the reboot wide wide open arms of welcome (is this sentence grammically correct?) . NT made a great game and i wish to see what they could add and improvise for the sequel (hopefully there is one). Think about it, since the Definitive Edition ramps up the Vanilla edition and adds even more to make it as challenging (if not more challenging than the classic series, though i would still consider DMC3 to be the ball-busting of the four), and let's say it sells well enough to go over the 2 millon mark (and appease to the classic fans with the fixes, tweaks and more), that would tell Capcom that this wasn't a 'failure' (compared to Remember Me and some other shoddy games that will go unmentioned) and that they should continue (hopefully).

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Geez sorry we want to have hope. No one thought anything Devil May Cry related was coming out last year and now look.
Are we part of the same fanbase here? Did you not hear about Capcom saying more DMC in 2015? Well the DE and DMC4: SE are it, it also lines up with what they said about keeping both options open.

Last thing I heard Capcom state that was closest to DmC2 happening was Capcom's disappointment with DmC's sales, the multiple lowerings of sales expectations, the blame on outsourcing, failure to generate interest in eastern audiences and that any game that sells less than 2 million won't get a sequel.
Sure sounds like there's a lot of interest in DmC.

While with DMC on the other hand we have the DMC4:SE hype dominating DmC via DmC's very own marketing video, DMC is on the good side of the 2 mill or nothing policy and the director wants to make another DMC game.
Yeah no one wants DMC back at all.

DmC is done, just let it go, move on and stop torturing yourselves.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Are we part of the same fanbase here? Did you not hear about Capcom saying more DMC in 2015? Well the DE and DMC4: SE are it, it also lines up with what they said about keeping both options open.

Last thing I heard Capcom state that was closest to DmC2 happening was Capcom's disappointment with DmC's sales, the multiple lowerings of sales expectations, the blame on outsourcing, failure to generate interest in eastern audiences and that any game that sells less than 2 million won't get a sequel.
Sure sounds like there's a lot of interest in DmC.

While with DMC on the other hand we have the DMC4:SE hype dominating DmC via DmC's very own marketing video, DMC is on the good side of the 2 mill or nothing policy and the director wants to make another DMC game.
Yeah no one wants DMC back at all.

DmC is done, just let it go, move on and stop torturing yourselves.

Why would I stop liking a game I like just because someone says so? Bayonetta 2 might not get another game but people are still hoping and praying. And even though that "more DMC in 2015" thing was said, that didn't give anyone hope during all of 2014 with next to no news on anything DMC related. Again, just because one director in interested in making a DMC5, doesn't mean the entirety of Capcom will go about doing it just like that.

Don't tell me I can't wish for something just because you don't like it. I don't go to the DMC4 thread and hope DMC4: SE does bad.:meh:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Why would I stop liking a game I like just because someone says so? Bayonetta 2 might not get another game but people are still hoping and praying. And even though that "more DMC in 2015" thing was said, that didn't give anyone hope during all of 2014 with next to no news on anything DMC related. Again, just because one director in interested in making a DMC5, doesn't mean the entirety of Capcom will go about doing it just like that.

Don't tell me I can't wish for something just because you don't like it. I don't go to the DMC4 thread and hope DMC4: SE does bad.:meh:
Even Bayonetta 3 has a better chance of happening than DmC2 as the developers teased the future of Bayonetta, even hinting something happening this very year.
Yes the director being interested doesn't mean it'll happen but it's got far more interest and that means money and Capcom loves that stuff.

DmC2 has nothing, no developer interest in continuing, very small fan interest and f**k all Capcom statements supporting it. All DmC has is an overshadowed by DMC re-release.

I didn't tell you to stop liking the game, by all means enjoy DmC, I'm saying you should stop torturing yourselves with false hope for DmC2, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom