• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The True Battle: DMC3 Dante VS DmC Dante

Who will win?

• DMC3 Dante

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • DmC Dante

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • An Epic Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tie.....but old Dante (1/2/4/anime/SMT) still owns

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcidX_Y

I can't hate the game because I never played it, and likely never will - what I did see of gameplay in videos was not interesting enough for me to consider playing it, LOMAC is more exciting than that. But that is besides the point, point is that the game is wrong in using the word (Nephilim), and people are starting to use wrong definition simply because it is used in that game. You can't have a game refer to B-17 as battleship and say "LOL, bombers are called battleships in that universe, let's roll with it". Mistake is a mistake, the end.
This is besides the whole point of the thread, which was DmC vs DMC3. The use of the word doesn't matter.

The Final Offer

I can't hate the game because I never played it, and likely never will - what I did see of gameplay in videos was not interesting enough for me to consider playing it, LOMAC is more exciting than that. But that is besides the point, point is that the game is wrong in using the word (Nephilim), and people are starting to use wrong definition simply because it is used in that game. You can't have a game refer to B-17 as battleship and say "LOL, bombers are called battleships in that universe, let's roll with it". Mistake is a mistake, the end.

Why are you here? To defend the word Nephilim? The game explains what it means in their universe. So don't come in here blabbering about what you don't know. I don't care if it annoys you. You've probably blindly chose DMC 3 Dante without knowing a thing about DmC Dante.

So. If you have nothing further to complain about.

gtfo.gif

Picard

Starfleet Demon
You've probably blindly chose DMC 3 Dante without knowing a thing about DmC Dante.

FYI, I did not even vote on the poll. I went reading through DmC subforum to find something that would tell me wether that game is worth playing, and I didn't find much.

The Final Offer

FYI, I did not even vote on the poll. I went reading through DmC subforum to find something that would tell me wether that game is worth playing, and I didn't find much.

I said probably.

You gotta play it first and see if it's fun. It'd probably blow your goddamn socks off.

Caiden

Caiden. Be honest with yourself. Do you seriously believe that you're not trolling.

I asked you not to mix opinion with facts. I've been coming at you with nothing but facts. You've asked me to prove something and I did. You continue to try to disprove and to no avail.

You don't know what you're talking about, whether it's DMC or DmC and I prove it everytime.

You haven't opened your mind to the fact that DmC Dante and Vergil are IN FACT Angel and Demon. DmC uses the term to let you know they're ANGEL AND DEMON. Then Vergil goes on to explain it CLEARLY what he meant.

Don't you dare deny that.

I can deny it because as I have said multiple times angel weapons have not shown any special effect on demons unless they are blue. Seriously give me a specific example during the game where an angel weapon purified a demon when it was hit. Please do. Also I know they are angel and demon I never denied that but Nephiliem are not demon and angel hybrids from a biblical stand point which is part of DMC's and DmC's source material.

And you haven't proven anything you have been making statements with little to back them up. Vergil describes that they are a threat to Mundus because they have the powers of both angel and demon meaning they are more power than him. But in terms of actually defeating Mundus Vergil says the only reason they couldn't do it before is because of his hell gate. The hell gate is the only reason why Mundus couldn't be defeated. It makes him immortal but once it is closed he can be killed like any other demon.

I have been trying to have a sensible discussion. But you are branding me as a troll just because I don't agree with you. Welcome to the internet where plenty of people won't agree with you. Grow up man.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
@The Final Offer, this is a bit offtopic, but one of your posts from earlier caught my eye, that DmC Dante could definitely beat DMC Mundus, the question is, do you honestly rank DmC Dante above the veteran hunter DMC1 Dante?

lets not forget here that DmC Dante is essentially a rebooted version of DMC3 Dante which means that he is just now coming into his own power, he is still new to this, while DMC1 Dante is someone who by the time of DMC1 should be a veteran demon Hunter not to mention he unlocked the full power of Sparda in that game which he used to fight DMC Mundus in the final battle which just going by what was shown leads me to the conclusion that DmC Dante would not stand a chance during a battle of that scale.

For one he lacks the firepower Dante was unleashing against Mundus and another important trait he lacks is the ability of flight.

Just going by what was shown in both DmC and DMC1 DmC Dante does not have what it takes.

Now against DMC3 Dante he definitely stands a chance there.

The Final Offer

I can deny it because as I have said multiple times angel weapons have not shown any special effect on demons unless they are blue. Seriously give me a specific example during the game where an angel weapon purified a demon when it was hit. Please do. Also I know they are angel and demon I never denied that but Nephiliem are not demon and angel hybrids from a biblical stand point which is part of DMC's and DmC's source material.

And you haven't proven anything you have been making statements with little to back them up. Vergil describes that they are a threat to Mundus because they have the powers of both angel and demon meaning they are more power than him. But in terms of actually defeating Mundus Vergil says the only reason they couldn't do it before is because of his hell gate. The hell gate is the only reason why Mundus couldn't be defeated. It makes him immortal but once it is closed he can be killed like any other demon.

I have been trying to have a sensible discussion. But you are branding me as a troll just because I don't agree with you. Welcome to the internet where plenty of people won't agree with you. Grow up man.

I told you to keep up.

I told you opinion over facts do not work.

Honestly, you haven't done anything. Not one thing that trumps what I've been saying. Now here you are stuck on purification which I just gave you a perfect example of (In which you were SO SURE there wasn't any proof of). It's like you don't know what to say or are saying.

This is just me teaching you. It was amusing at first but now that I know you're serious with your blindness. Ugh. I'm done explaining everything to you.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

@The Final Offer, this is a bit offtopic, but one of your posts from earlier caught my eye, that DmC Dante could definitely beat DMC Mundus, the question is, do you honestly rank DmC Dante above the veteran hunter DMC1 Dante?

lets not forget here that DmC Dante is essentially a rebooted version of DMC3 Dante which means that he is just now coming into his own power, he is still new to this, while DMC1 Dante is someone who by the time of DMC1 should be a veteran demon Hunter not to mention he unlocked the full power of Sparda in that game which he used to fight DMC Mundus in the final battle which just going by what was shown leads me to the conclusion that DmC Dante would not stand a chance during a battle of that scale.

For one he lacks the firepower Dante was unleashing against Mundus and another important trait he lacks is the ability of flight.

Just going by what was shown in both DmC and DMC1 DmC Dante does not have what it takes.

Now against DMC3 Dante he definitely stands a chance there.

It's more about what the angel element can do to DMC characters. Which, if you consider what holy water does, could mean tremendous amounts of damage.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It's more about what the angel element can do to DMC characters. Which, if you consider what holy water does, could mean tremendous amounts of damage.

The holy water is brutal, but does next to nothing against Mundus's final form simply because he is on a completely different level than typical demons.

Just because he is part angel does not mean that he can solo some of the most powerful Demons from the original canon.

Especially since he has not shown us the power it would take to do so in my opinion, especially against the more powerful demons such as Mundus.

But on another note, out of curiousity, how many of the Dante's from the original canon do you think he can beat?

its obvious that you think highly of him due to him being part angel which is ok, but I'm curious on whether you think he could beat the likes of DMC4 Dante or even DMC2 Dante?

Caiden

I told you to keep up.

Honestly, you haven't done nothing. Not one thing that trumps what I've been saying. Now here you are stuck on purification which I just gave you a perfect example of (In which you were SO SURE there wasn't any proof of). It's like you don't know what to say. You have nothing.

This is just me teaching you. It was amusing at first but now that I know you're serious with your blindness. Ugh. I'm done explaining everything to you.

There still isn't proof. I want an in game example of angel weapons purifying a demon. Also when Vergil said cleanse he meant that he clear the section of limbo of demons. Also haven't done nothing means that I've done something.

At this point it's clear that you are trolling me or just running in circles so I'm done here. Enjoy imagination land.
I'm_outta_here!.gif

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You know, this last post made me think about how nice it would be if Caiden actually jumped out of a window in real life...

Not from lethal heights, mind you, just high enough to knock some sense into him.

The Final Offer

The holy water is brutal, but does next to nothing against Mundus's final form simply because he is on a completely different level than typical demons.

Just because he is part angel does not mean that he can solo some of the most powerful Demons from the original canon.

Especially since he has not shown us the power it would take to do so in my opinion, especially against the more powerful demons such as Mundus.

But on another note, out of curiousity, how many of the Dante's from the original canon do you think he can beat?

its obvious that you think highly of him due to him being part angel which is ok, but I'm curious on whether you think he could beat the likes of DMC4 Dante or even DMC2 Dante?

Think about it. Mundus's weakness is the angel element. Every demon in DMC is weak against holy water. Including Nelo Angelo aka VERGIL the half demon (it takes 2 holy waters to kill him).

Beating DMC 2, DMC1, and 4 Dante is not an easy task, it takes experience. I haven't and won't consider it just yet. I'm keeping things about DMC 3 Dante right now.

I know I know. If he can beat DMC 3 Dante, he could grow up to beat DMC 1, 4, and 2. Which is why I have a smirk on my face as I type this. Cause so many people don't believe that NT has created a friggin' monster version of Dante.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Think about it. Mundus's weakness is the angel element. Every demon in DMC is weak against holy water. Including Nelo Angelo aka VERGIL the half demon (it takes 2 holy waters to kill him).

Beating DMC 2, DMC1, and 4 Dante is not an easy task, it takes experience. I haven't and won't consider it just yet. I'm keeping things about DMC 3 Dante right now.

ok then, carry on with the topic guys, sorry for the slight derailment lol.:smile:

Going to go and play some Tekken revolution now

Caiden

You know, this last post made me think about how nice it would be if Caiden actually jumped out of a window in real life...

Not from lethal heights, mind you, just high enough to knock some sense into him.

Not cool dude. Just trying to have a discussion and you guys turned into a game of name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom