• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The mystery of Poison... Solved?

ZeroLove

One of my most favourite characters in gaming history is Poison Kiss who is going to be playable in the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken. For many years, the mystery of Poison's gender has been pondered about by many fans... Is she born female, is she a transsexual, does she pack some meat in those hotpants of hers... What exactly is she?

Just earlier today I came across this video by MegatonStammer which pretty much clears it up.

So there you go, take it or leave it.
What do you think about it?

ZeroLove

"Post"

Reads about character on wiki.
So they made a transsexual character. Weird but what's so hard to figure out?

The thing is, there are people trying so hard to deny that Poison is a tranny and those people really do all to slash at others who think differently. If you ever get a chance to read the threads about Poison on the Capcom forums, you'll see what I mean. Hopefully this will make those people shut up (though I doubt it).

I love ambigious characters and Poison might be the mother (or father ;P ) of ambigious characters. To see her playable in a fighting game worth playing (her past as playable is severely lacking) is the main reason why I am excited about the new Street Fighter X Tekken. ^^

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well i would choose ambigious rather than transgender but woman is still the best for me :D
and damn for over 22 years,2 decades that poison's gender is a mystery.

ZeroLove

Well i would choose ambigious rather than transgender but woman is still the best for me :D
and damn for over 22 years,2 decades that poison's gender is a mystery.

Yeah, but the video above provides all the evidence needed to show what she truly is. Saying anything else is just denial, but such is the gaming community.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I figured Poison was a transexual (tbh, i've only seen her in fan pictures.)

Streets of Rage 3... well Bare knuckle 3, they had a 'homosexual/camp' boss, but in the western version he was taken out, it's like saying western gamers are easily offended.

ZeroLove

I figured Poison was a transexual (tbh, i've only seen her in fan pictures.)

Streets of Rage 3... well Bare knuckle 3, they had a 'homosexual/camp' boss, but in the western version he was taken out, it's like saying western gamers are easily offended.

I'd say it is more offensive to take him out due to the reason he is gay. That's rather offensive to the gay community.

ZeroLove

Originally conceived as a female thug in Final Fight and part of the game's antagonist group, Mad Gear, concerns about reactions from North American audiences to fighting women resulted in the character being changed to a newhalf (transvestite).
Poison is a woman.

Started as a woman & was only said to be transvestite from fear of what american audiences would think of women being hit in fighting games.
Weird huh lol
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_(Final_Fight)

Did you even see the video I posted at the top post? Poison AND Roxy were both meant to be newhalves from the very start. Not women.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Isn't hitting old people wrong too then... and animals? (look at tekken, you fight both and women)

On topic: I played as Poison earlier. I think she's really cool (she's the sort of character that I'd love to see in a tekken game).
In fact, she'd look at home in Streets of Rage.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
If that's what it takes for you to realize the truth, then you're not really worth it. XD
Stay ignorant, my friend.
I knew the material your video provided a long time ago
But that's the truth I prefer no to realize, cuz I prefer to see a sexy chick instead of guy hiding something in his pants of whatever she is supposed to be

ZeroLove

I knew the material your video provided a long time ago
But that's the truth I prefer no to realize, cuz I prefer to see a sexy chick instead of guy hiding something in his pants of whatever she is supposed to be

So you would rather live in denial and be ignorant than realize the truth, because it makes you more comfortable.
I am sorry to hear that.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Isn't hitting old people wrong too then... and animals? (look at tekken, you fight both and women)

On topic: I played as Poison earlier. I think she's really cool (she's the sort of character that I'd love to see in a tekken game).
In fact, she'd look at home in Streets of Rage.
man, woman, beast...and apparently alien weapons disguised as gods
ps. didn'tcha hear? Poison & Roxy had kids :troll:

Top Bottom