• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Job

$JP

Supreme Ruler
I got bored, and while I was bored I thought of a good story idea, here it is. For the main characters I decided to use Dante along with a character I created in the thread "your character and info", who by the way is John. The setting will be an island west of Spain.

Prologue

John and Beatrix ran from the mob of demons chasing after them.
"Quick, we have to get back to the chopper," yelled John. They tried to concentrate on running while disposing of the demons chasing them. When they reached the evac site, they discovered that they helicopter had been destroyed.
"Damnit, who could have done this," exclaimed John.
"John, watchout, the demons are still after us," warned Beatrix. They stood their ground and with little ammo left, John took out his kantana and slashed the mob to pieces.
"God, where are all these things coming from," John wondered.
"Good thing is they're dead," Beatrix said with relief.
"Now we need to figure out how to get the hell out of here." While trying to bask in their glory of the recent defeat of the demons, little did they know a much more dangerous foe awaited. The figure came out of the shadows of the jungle.
"Grab them," screamed the figure.
"Beatrix, run," John said.
"No way, I'm not leaving without you!"
"Listen to me, if any ask for survivors, tell them no, we'll just be leading them to a slaughter house. Instead go looking for a guy named Dante, he's a friend of mine who I met a while back." He gave her an address. She put it in her pocket. The henchmen started to get closer towards them.
"Go now," yelled John. Beatrix sped like a cheetah. The figure ordered his henchmen to grab John. John wouldn't go down without a fight though. With his kantana, he managed to get rid of some of the figures henchmen. Taking things into his own hands, the figure landed a blow hard enough to send John into unconciousness. The figure saw Beatrix running away.
"Leave her, she serves us no purpose."

Meanwhile, as Beatrix was running away, she got something on her radio. It was an evac chopper. The chopper landed and asked Beatrix for survivors. Remembering John's words, she responded."No." They flew away, back to the United States. Beatrix knew what she had to do to save her friend. She went looking for the one called, Dante.

Tell me whacha think so far? And yes, I've noticed that I accidently made two threads, if your going to read the story read it from here.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Cool story $JP!!!!
Love the thrilling adventure for Beatrix.
Shame though, I wonder what will happen to Jhon....
But verrrry cool story there!!

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Thank you everyone, now that I see people actually like the story it's time to continue on.

Chapter 1

Dante was sitting in his shop as usual, eating pizza and waiting for jobs to come his way.
"Enzo, your supposed to get me jobs, why haven't I had one lately?"
"It's been a tight shift after you went away to that "Mallet Island" place." Dante bit into a slice of pizza and glared at Enzo.
"Keep up the good work buddy," Dante said sarcastically, although he did like the fact of eating pizza all day. There was a knock on the door.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for someone named Dante, this is Devil May Cry right?" said a womanely voice.
"I don't know Dante, ever since that other lady blasted through our company door, I just can't seem to trust women anymore, I mean it took me a while to repair that door and I just can't seem to," Enzo started to ramble.
"Get a girlfriend," Dante thought in his mind.
"What's the password?"
"I'm sorry I don't know but this is very ergent, please I come from a friend of yours."
"Oh yeah, who?"
"John Aligheri." Dante thought for a second, then remembered.
"Of course, step into my office." In came a beautiful blonde haired woman with blue eyes. She stood at about 5"6 and had a figure of that of a minx.
"Well, aren't you a pretty little thing," asked Dante.
"Please I don't have time for flirting, my name is Beatrix Kiddo and I've come here to give you a job, which I'm pretty sure you haven't had in a long time."
"Where did you hear that?"
"From the front door, I was standing there while you were talking to your associate."
"Hey there pretty little thing my name's Enzo!"
"Beat it," yelled Dante and Beatrix in unison.
"You know I'm so suprised you didn't try to make a big scene while trying to give me a job. The last chick that offered me a job blew my door off and tried to kill me, funny thing isn't it," Dante said, laughing to himself.
"Now I see why you don't take jobs often," Beatrix responded.
"So what kind of mess has John gotten himself into this time," Dante wondered.
"Well, my team was dispatched to investigate grisly murders on a island west of Spain. What we found was, unimaginable. We found the place swarmed by demons. My team was killed off one by one until only John and I remained. We tried to escape, but apparently someone destroyed our chopper and we got ambushed by demons. John sent me off quickly to find you."
"Oh great, here we go again," Dante pondered. He sighed for a second and thought about the job. "If it's for an old friend, I'll do it. Take me to the island."
"Thank you so much, do I owe you anything," asked Beatrix.
"I'll think about it when the jobs over, I'm gonna need a cold drink before this one." Dante and Beatrix left to find their missing companion, John.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Chapter 2

"The island's right over there," Beatrix pointed out.
"Wow, looks pretty big," Dante replied. Dante and Beatrix each grabbed a parachute and jumped out of the helicopter. They landed on a beach.
"Hello," Dante yelled. No response. "Talk about a deserted island."
"Shutup, you'll give away our cover," Beatrix wispered to Dante.
"Oh yeah, well as far as I see there's no one here. What a waste of my time!" The moment after Dante said that a group of islanders lunged out at them with spears ready.
"Who are you and what are you doing here," asked one of the villagers.
"Don't you remeber...,"
"Excuse me let me handle this, ehem, I am Dante, the son of the legendary dark knight Sparda. I've come here because this lady is looking for a friend of hers."
"So that explains the demons," said another villager.
"Well we don't know for sure," Beatrix explained. "Now as I was saying, don't you remember that I was here a couple days ago." The villagers looked at each other for a couple of seconds and replied.
"All we remember is a guy in a long blue coat came around here and brought a bunch of demons with him. Then some soldiers came and got killed."
"Except my friend and I."
"How do you even know he's still alive," Dante asked.
"I know him and I'm certain you still do, he's out there waiting for me."
"I see, so a guy in a long blue coat you say came around here and brought demons with him, I wonder who that could be."
"We don't really care who he is, we just want him gone. He keeps terrorizing our village. Wait a minute, he was asking for someone, that guy the girl here was talking about and a guy in red."
"Well I'm a guy in red, what else did he say."
"He said a guy in red with white hair."
"What do ya know, I have white hair!"
"Wielding a big sword with two guns." Dante looked down upon himself.
"Would you look at that, I have the same weapons as that guy. I wonder what the connection is?"
"The person in blue also told us he'd clame to be the son of sparda."
"Looks like I gave that one away too, so tell me who's the guy he's looking for?" The villagers all put their spears towards Dante's neck.
"You!"
"Like I haven't been in this situation before." Dante grabbed rebellion and sliced the villagers in half. More villagers started to come his way.
"C'mon let's go," Dante shouted to Beatrix. Beatrix saw a path that lead into the jungle. She pointed and yelled "Into the jungle!"
Dante and Beatrix ran down the path while more villagers chased after them.
"I've had about enough of this," Dante screamed. Dante pulled out his dual pistols Ebony and Ivory and started to shoot the villagers. One villager was able to drive his spear into Dante. Dante glared at the villager and shot him in the temple, killing him. Beatrix decided to help, pulling out her custom made machine guns, filling the villagers full of holes.
"I never knew so many people loved me," Dante said in a sarcastic tone.
"They should be gone for a while, let's just keep moving." Dante and Beatrix moved down the path, hoping for answers.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Hehehe.... wonder what Dante must have thought when they discribed the guy they were looking for.
Good and funny story! I like it alot. Carry on the good work!

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Chapter 3

John was in a daze. He had no idea where he was. He looked around. His hands and feet were shackled to the wall. He tried to break them off. No use. Then he remembered about his devil powers. He tried to DT, but to no avail he couldn't.
"How," thought John. John was enraged. He started to scream. A voice started laughing.
"Who's there," John asked. A man in a long blue coat wielding a kantana sword walked out of the shadows. It was none other than Vergil, Dante's twin brother.
"It was you, your the one who brought the demons here, killed my team, destroyed our chopper..."
"And shackled you to this wall, yes I indeed did do all of those things."
"Why!?"
"Well if I told you, it would ruin my plans now wouldn't it? Anyway, long time no see, huh John?"
"You ******* Vergil!" John tried to DT again, but the second try made him weary.
"You fool, you cannot break out of those shackles, I put a spell over them so you can't escape."
"Now you explain things!"
"How about you explain something for me now, why was I always the object of your harrassment when we were young."
"This is no time for a therapy session Vergil, why'd you put me here like this."
"You don't give me an answer, I won't give you an answer."
"I hope Dante gets here soon to kick your ***!"
"Ha,ha,ha, your more foolish than I thought. You just made things a whole lot worse, better for me though." Vergil's words enraged John. There's was nothing he could do. So he mustered up the only words he could think of.
"You were a coward then and your a coward now Vergil. You could never get the job done by yourself, so you bring your friends and hide behind them." Vergil heard John's words and was disgusted to hear them. Vergil teleported to John and put Yamato up to his neck.
"Watch the next words you choose buddy, they could be your last. And as if you haven't done the same thing. You disgust me." They stared each other in the eyes for a couple seconds.
"Things were different and you know that."
"I could kill you anytime I want, but I have you here for a purpose."
"You couldn't kill me if you tried your hardest, your a coward Vergil and you know it. You still remind me of a little child." Vergil sent an electric shock into John's body, sending him back into unconciousness. Vergil stared at John for a second, then started to laugh.
"You know what they say, he who laughs last laughs the hardest." With those words Vergil went back into the shadows, still laughing.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Chapter 4

Dante and Beatrix ran down the path, looking behind themselves to see if more villagers were chasing after them.
"Do you see anymore," Dante asked.
"No, wait, what's that over there?" They both stopped running and looked straight ahead. They saw the village. Now Dante knew what they meant by terrorizing the village. He saw the villagers, enslaved by Vergil's demons. It seemed as if though there was mine near the village.
"Did you check this place out last time you were here," Dante asked Beatrix.
"We were at the village, but once we got towards the mine we got ambushed. That's when everything started to go wrong." Dante looked at the mine and knew there was something wrong there.
"There's something fishy about that mine, and I'm gonna see what it is." Dante started to run towards the mine. Beatrix tried to stop him.
"Dante wait!" Dante ignored Beatrix. He started to run into the village, but was stopped by demons. A mob of demons started to surround Dante. Dante readied rebellion, ready to fight. A villager possesed by a demon came up to Dante. It appeared as if thought the man was the village chief.
"So, son of Sparda, we finally meet."
"Who are you!? No wait, let me guess, another demon that's wants vengeance on my father by trying to kill me, huh?"
"Ha,ha,ha, you make me laugh, as much as I would love to do that, that's not my purpose."
"Then why are you here, terrorizing these villagers!?"
"Why are you here on restricted territory as said by the country of Spain?"
"Restricted territory?" Dante thought for a second, then looked at Beatrix. Beatrix gave a blank stare back.
"You mean the girl didn't tell you that she lied. She didn't tell you the truth! Your stupider than I thought son of sparda!" The chief started to laugh. Dante gave an agry stare at Beatrix.
"As far as the girl is concerned, she serves no purpose, she can die. But for you, son of Sparda, I would suggest you give up and come with us." Now Dante started to laugh.
"Apparently you must've forgot how strong Sparda is!" Dante started to attack the mob of demons fiercely, taking them out easily. The village chief started to get angry and yelled,"After the girl, kill her!" More demons in the village ran towards Beatrix. She pulled out her machine guns but she was out of ammo. Beatrix looked at Dante, a glare that said, "Please help me." Dante gave Beatrix another angry look, then looked at the demons who were about to kill her. Dante thought about what the village chief said, about how Beatrix was lieing to him. Was the chief right or wrong? He had to make a decision quickly. He decided, pulled out Ebony and Ivory, and shot the demons trying to kill Beatrix. The village chief looked at them with displeasement.
"Of course, son of Sparda, I haven't forgotten how powerful you are. I didn't expect you to give in to us so easily, so that's why I'm giving you a bigger challenge."
"It doesn't matter how big the challenge is your going down!"
"Oh, I think if anyone of us is going down, it is definately going to be you." The chief started to laugh yet again while walking away. Dante looked ready for a fight. He felt the ground rumbling under his feet.
"Beatrix stand back," Dante ordered. Beatrix started to back away. Dante wondered, "What could this be?" Out came a huge giant like demon. It looked as if though it were chained down recently. It started to growl, louder and louder by the second. It fiercely broke off it's chains and started to kill villagers. Dante wielded rebellion, ready to fight off this enormous demon. The demon ran towards Dante. Dante air hiked over the demon. The demon gave a swing at Beatrix with it's giant fist, but missed. Dante shot the demon, but the demon just grew angry. Again, the demon ran towards Dante. Dante jumped up and slashed the demon with rebellion, bringing it down, for a second. Dante knew this demon was strong, but not stronger than him. Dante threw his sword like a boomerang, and while the demon tried to get back up, it was quickly brought back to it's knees.
"I've had about enough of this," Dante said to himself, DTed, and angrily killed the giant demon. Dante picked up his sword, looked back at the chief who was watching the fight, and yelled,"Your going to have to do better than that if you want me!" The chief responded,"I most certainly can, but not right now." The chief started to run into the mine.
"Get back here you coward," Dante screamed. Beatrix followed after Dante.
"Dante wait, you don't know what your doing," Beatrix tried to tell Dante.
"You shutup, I've had about enough of your lies!"
"No wait, you don't see, it's not like that." The chief started to get away.
"Oh great, now the chief's getting away, we'll discuss this some other time, right now I gotta catch this coward!" Dante and Beatrix ran into the mine. It seemed as if thought the team was falling apart.
"Oh great, this is gonna be just like last time," Beatrix thought to herself. As disaray rose into the air, the duo continued on their mission.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Cool story! Though, I guess you should make Dante a bit more loose you know? Hes too serious for the likes of me.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Chapter 5

Vergil stared down at John. He studied John, studied on how he'd changed. Vergil sensed that John was more powerful now then when they were kids. He wondered,"Could he possibly be more powerful than I?" Vergil thought to himself,"No, not in a million years, how'd could I think such nonsense. After all, it was so easy to subdue him." Yet he also wondered, that somebody as weak as him could be a key to power. How could somebody like him be destined for great power. The thought of that filled Vergil with anger and hate. Vergil continued to stare John down, noticing that John was once again regaining his consciousness. Vergil walked down to John, preparing himself to reveal the truth.
"Ugh," John muttered while waking up. He saw Vergil. Anger grew inside him. As much as he wanted to fight Vergil, he was too weakened to do so.
"I see your awake again," Vergil said.
"Please, just tell me, why are you doing this," John said in a very fatigued tone. Vergil took somewhat of pity on John. Yet he could care less for him, all he needed John for was to attain a newfound power, then he would discard of his long-time foe. "Do you really wanna know? I can tell you do. But let me give you a little hint first, look inside yourself, think about who you are."
"What are you talking about?"
"Just do what I said, you'll find it very helpful." John thought about Vergil's words. How could he forget his life. How could anyone? Amnesia of course, which John didn't have. John knew who he was. He was the son of a lower ranked, yet equally powerful devil lieutenant next to Sparda, the demon Aligheri. Halfway through the demon/human war, he turned on Mundus, the devil king, and fought for the humans. Like Sparda, after the war he resided in the human world and married a human woman, Deja. John knew what Vergil was after.
"Why though, why would you want my father's power?"
"Because my ignorant brother has my father's power, and seeing as how weak you are, you don't deserve your fathers power." More anger grew inside John. The demon side of him wanted to break loose, but it just couldn't.
"Why kill the others, are you really that evil?"
"Have you seen me kill those villagers? If your going to blame amyone for that, blame those demons, not me."
"You brought them here though, you ordered them to kill the villagers along with my team, don't think you can lie to me!"
"To be quite honest, I could really care less about all those villagers and your stupid friends."
"Tell me something Vergil, are you still this mad after all these years. I mean c'mon, we were just kids."
"If you want my opinion, revenge is a *****." Vergil thrusted Yamato into John's stomach. He released John from his shackels. Vergil ordered his demons to pick up John. "Take him, we shall go to the river now. It is time to prepare for the ritual." Vergil's demons picked up John's incapacitated body, and they headed towards the river of fire.

This is going to be the halfway point of my story, so I want to know if anybody is reading it and if they want it to continue. Please comment if you do.:\

Top Bottom