• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Good, The Bad and The Hyped 2016

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Well it's that time again people, time to list the games of 2016 that you loved, the ones you hated and the ones you're looking forward to most in 2017!

As always, I'll go first!

The Good:

header.jpg

I did not expect this at all.
When I bought this game cheap I expected it to be some crappy rushed game that sold itself on gratuitous T&A, usually those kind of games are only good for playing 10 minutes, wacking one off and then going to another good game, but Age of Barbarian ended up being really enjoyable for me, it's a buggy mess and is far from great, but there was just something about it that made me wanna keep on playing and no it actually wasn't all the T&A, though it did help.
As a big fan of Arnold's Conan the Barbarian, I really liked this game's art style and the digitized sprites were nicely done.
I really do recommend checking this out as the 1 single guy who made it clearly had a lot of passion.

588.jpg

Yup the legendary RPG has finally ended and it went out on one hell of a high note.
Like the base game, I enjoyed every minute of this expansion and I wanna see more of the Witcher franchise after Cyberpunk.

Shadow-Warrior-2-335x185.jpg

Loads of swords, guns, blood, oneliners and craziness.

I give it a 9 on the Wangometer.

#1 Game of the Year
Doom_Cover.jpg

Rip and f****** Tear!!!
Doom 4 finally delivered what I have always wanted to the FPS genre since the 90s, fast paced gunplay, complex level design, key card hunting, heavy metal themes and a full masculine power fantasy ride to hell and back!
Complete with a pretty damn good level creator Doom 4 has finally brought back the glory days and I don't see another FPS challenging it's greatness any time soon!

The Bad:
Bombshell.jpg

God dammit Interceptor!!
Bombshell was a character I really wanted to see, but you f***ed it up by making her character generic and muddled while having the game be just dull and unenjoyable.

Here's hoping the Prequel done in the Build Engine makes up for this.

The HYPED!!!!

1c83e1c0388b35d43f2401543c9e214fb31892cec0d3966c7fe11955b5efe18f.jpg

Seriously, f*** 2017!

Well that's me!
What were your best and worst games of 2016 and what are looking forward to most next year?​

Viper

Premium
Just to be clear, games that we've played in 2016 or that came out in 2016?
All the games listed came out in 2016, so I guess that's the answer.
And given that I haven't bought anything that came out this year, let alone played it, I can't give any lists. :sleep:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The only games I've played from this year were all Vita titles - Steins;Gate 0, Digimon:Cyber Sleuth, Digimon World Next Order and they were all great.

I am planning on getting Yakuza 6 though in a couple of weeks and that looks amazing.

Frazz

General gamer
The Good: Uncharted 4 and Doom 4.

Bad: Skyrim SE - still glitchy as hell with little effort to change much.

Meg

Top 10 Games of the Year:

10. Firewatch

9. Kirby Planet Robobot

8. Watch Dogs 2

7. Hard Reset Redux

6. Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

5. Dangerous Golf

4. MXGP2

3. Ratchet and Clank

2. Trackmania Turbo

AND THE WINNER! *drum roll*

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider

:D:woot::thumbsup::inlove:

The Bad: None! I liked every game I played this year.

The Hype:

1. Sniper Elite 4
2. Persona 5
3. Sniper Elite 4
4. Agents of Mayhem
5. Sniper Elite 4

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
I have played lots of games this year, few of them FROM this year since I usually wait for price drops unless it's something I am super eager for.

The good:

2. World of Warcraft: Legion It is far from perfect and can be tedious in places but I think it's a noticeable improvement over Warlords of Draenor.
1. Pokemon Sun Turns out an old dog can be taught new tricks!​

The bad:

Naw, I enjoyed what I played of 2016. So far.
The hype:

3. Scalebound
2. Final Fantast XIV: Stormblood
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild please be good, please be good, please​

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Let's see. The Good: I've played a number of great games in 2016. Pokken Tournament and Ratchet and Clank are probably my favorite games actually released in 2016.
The Bad: I don't have any particular complaints about my time gaming this year.
The Hype: Horizon: Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Pyre, and The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Good? Well I only really checked out Rise of the Tomb Raider. I did see my nephew play a bit of Doom, and it looked okay. Bad? Couldn't say. Haven't really indulge in enough games released this year to give an insight. Hyped? Yooka Laylee. Practically the only game I care about in the near future.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Ah, I can't believe I forgot to mention Persona 5 and Pokémon Sun, especially since I was playing the latter just the other day. :facepalm:

But yes, those two definitely count towards my good of 2016.

Top Bottom