• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Control setup you favor

Raven4u16

does anybody else but me use custom or alternate controls in DmC? i just recently changed demon mode to L1 and left angel mode at L2, R1 and R2 are now dodge and that could change. My reasoning for doing this is i keep forgetting that L1 on default is also dodge, so i keep missing out on demon dodge because i release R2 to press R1, but im farely decent at getting angel dodge cause i dont have t release L2, so i figure by changing L1 to demon i really only have to focus on R1 as dodge, thus i should be able to raise my Style rating....after i get used to the new controls of course, i might change R2 to gun specials since i have an empty trigger slot. But wanted to know what the fans, die hards, and savants think, and feel free to share your controls as well.

berto

I Saw the Devil
does anybody else but me use custom or alternate controls in DmC? i just recently changed demon mode to L1 and left angel mode at L2, R1 and R2 are now dodge and that could change. My reasoning for doing this is i keep forgetting that L1 on default is also dodge, so i keep missing out on demon dodge because i release R2 to press R1, but im farely decent at getting angel dodge cause i dont have t release L2, so i figure by changing L1 to demon i really only have to focus on R1 as dodge, thus i should be able to raise my Style rating....after i get used to the new controls of course, i might change R2 to gun specials since i have an empty trigger slot. But wanted to know what the fans, die hards, and savants think, and feel free to share your controls as well.
No, my avatar brother, this is not a strange thing at all. I know that there alot of people who've set their games up like Bayonetta and others like classic DMC3.

berto

I Saw the Devil
No, my avatar brother, this is not a strange thing at all. I know that there alot of people who've set their games up like Bayonetta and others like classic DMC3.

Raven4u16

Awesome lol, so glad it's not just me my avatar brother, the only sucky thing now is I'm gonna have to retrain myself to use L1 as demon mode instead of R2 haha, but so glad I only have to focus on R1 as my only dodge now yay, and to answer Dante47's question I am not sure, but honestly you should be able to in theory, and actually I think I'll make R2 my new Devil Trigger button, in my head the controls just flow, pressing L3+R3 is a little clunky for me, but ill def let you know when I get home.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
My button layout is the default for the most part, except for the main four buttons, which are set-up as in the original Devil May Cry and it's how I've been using it on DMC3 and 4 as well: Square for attack, Triangle for jump, Circle for guns and X for whatever's left (Style moves, Devil Bringer and, in this case, heavy attacks).

I know most people had a lot of gripes with the original DMC button layout, but I got used to it so easily and deeply that I couldn't bear the change on DMC2, so I came back to it when it became customizable on the third game.

EvilX-81

I moved my shoot button to L1 for charging purposes and I was good to go. Wish I could have two shoot buttons...

BlackCat14

Hey Raven :)

Angel mode is L1 for me and Demon mode is R1 (kinda like Heavenly Sword's layout since I'm a Ninja Theory nut :p)

Evade is circle (been playing Uncharted for so long it's like second nature to push it when I want to evade)

Also Guns are fired with R2

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
So far I haven't changed mine, but I'm thinking of putting dodge and trigger on the same side for angel and demon.

Raven4u16

That's actually a pretty good set up blackcat, that's one thing I've always appreciated about the DMC games ever since 3 gave you the ability to customize your controls and again in 4 so happy it's back in DmC, now with that said I'm thinking of making Devil Trigger R2, will test it when I go home, see how it flows with the current changes already made.

Raven4u16

So after some time with the new controls I customized, it has officially elevated my skill and style ranking, I'm now performing more Angel/Demon dodge and it just feels Greg do using on one button to dodge.

Adaren

L1: Demon Mode
L2: Angel Mode
R1: Shoot
R2: Dodge (Bayonetta!)
X: Gun Special

Took a couple missions to get used to it after going through 1.5 full runs with the default scheme, but I'm liking it now. I always had trouble Angel Dodging using the other scheme (my fingers would always default to Demon Dodging...not that that's so bad).

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Mostly default but...

Shoot - Square
Jump - X
Melee Attack - Triangle
Special Attack - Circle
Angel Mode - L1
Demon Mode - R1
Evade 1 - R2
Evade 2 - No key bound
Devil Trigger - Down
Gun Special - L2
Cycle Gun - Up
Cycle Angel Weapon - Left
Cycle Demon Weapon - Right
Center Camera - R3
Cycle Ranged Target - L3

Blazer-X

Moved Angel and Demon stance to bumpers and Evade to triggers. Feels natural coming from holding RB for lockon and using RT for evade in Bayonetta.

Top Bottom