• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Souless

Arwen

Lost Soul
I hope you like this fanfic.

Prologue

Devil May Cry was located on a quite street. Apart from houses the only other building was Demmies Bar. This suited Dante as he hated the bustle of the everyday commuters. Dante walked into the main office from the back room wearing only his pants and boots. His white hair was messily around his face. Dante pushed his hair out of his face slightly and looked around the office. Odd trophies were located on the wall behind the desk. Rebellion was placed right behind the desk the eyes of the sword glowed eerily. Sitting in his chair he placed his feet on the desk and waited for business to walk his way. Approaching foot steps could be heard outside the main door. It stopped suddenly then the door slammed open and a woman walked in. Dante noticed she was wearing black pants and matching top which showed a little of her bust line. Her hair long and black messily covered her face. She was breathing heavily and blood dripped from her forehead. He also noted two guns holstered to her hips and a sword handle showing over her back. Stumbling a little the woman walked towards Dante. She only managed a few steps before she collapsed onto the floor. Blood pooled slowly onto the ground around her. Quickly Dante rushed towards her picking her up slightly. Her head lay loosely on his arm. She was still breathing heavily and her eyes were closed. As he looked into her face Dante could see her features more clearly. She was prettier then what he had thought when she had walked in. Pulling her hair slightly out of her face he noticed her blood red lips and pale white skin. He started to slowly bend down towards her lips when a sound distracted him. It sounded like something metal was rolling into the office. Turning towards the sound he found a small metal round orb. A ticking noise seemed to emanate from the orb.
“Oh ****.” said Dante
Switching into devil trigger quickly he shielded the woman with his wings just as the orb exploded. He felt heat all around him. It seemed like hours before the heat slowly died away. Retracting his wings he turned back into his normal self. Looking around his office there was nothing left but smoking rubble. The night sky loomed over him. A shuffling sound from where the woman lay made him look in that direction. She was stirring and sat up. Her face was covered slightly in dust but the blood and disappeared from her face. Dante saw her eyes were completely black.
“Where am I?” she asked
“Well this used to be Devil May Cry.”
She looked up at him and into his blue eyes.
“You going to help me up?”
Dante placed a hand towards her and helped her up.
“So who do I owe the pleasure of having my office blown up?” asked Dante
“That would be Dalin. He’s well, he doesn’t like me that much.”
“And you are?”
“Handrin. I came for your help.”
“So what do you want?”
“The demon world is being awoken. Dalin is planning an apocalypse on all mankind. I can’t defeat him on my own I need your help.”
“There still not giving up I see. Hey babe I don’t care anymore.”
The woman was surprised at his answer.
“Maybe the stories were wrong about you. The great Dante, demon hunter and human savoir.”
“That was a long time ago.”
“Fine if you won’t help me I’ll do it myself.”
“I thought you said you couldn’t defeat him?”
“I have too try. If the demon world is reawoken no ones safe not me or you son of Spader”
Dante looked angrily at her at the mention of his father’s name.
“I won’t live up too my father anymore.” he said angrily
Handrin just wiped most of the dust off of herself and headed out of the rubble. Dante watched her leave then turned his attention back too the rubble. He noticed a slight glow coming from some where just ahead of him. Walking towards it he found it to be coming from under a large piece of the building. Moving it Dante found rebellion glowing brightly. Picking it up he looked it over. The glowing faded then disappeared. He looked at Haldin who was almost at the end of the street then back too rebellion.
“I must be out of my mind.” He said
Dante quickly ran to catch her up.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Nice start,:):Dbut you might want to considering putting more space between paragraphs so it's easier on the eye to read.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 1

Dante caught up with Handrin as she was just turning the corner.
“Hey Handrin.” said Dante
Handrin stopped and looked at Dante. She noticed he was still only wearing his boots and pants.
“I thought you weren’t interested.” she replied
“Yeah well I had a change of heart. You better tell me everything.”
Handrin smiled and they headed off down the road as she talked.
“A couple of weeks ago Dalin came across an artefact from the demon world. He didn’t know what it was at first but he had it decipher by a low demon named Markin.” said Handrin
“Let me guess it has something to do with opening the demon world.”
“Yes in a way though on it’s own it’s useless. He needs another part for the demon world to open. This he found out is at Freedon Island. It’s located in a large castle that resides there. This is guarded by the most loyal of servants”
“Demon minion’s right.”
“Yes and no. Some are demons though some are human recruits.”
“Human recruits? That’s a new one for me.”
“Human recruits have been used for years to guard the most powerful of artefacts. There is another servant who is more powerful then the others. I would have thought more so then even Dalin”
“Sounds fun.”
“That artefact most be kept save from Dalin at all cost.”
“The apocalypse of the earth. I got that part. Count me in.”
Handrin smiled.
“Getting in won’t be easy. It’s heavily guarded. Though there is a way in with out being detected.”

Hours later morning had fallen and a small plane was passing over Freedon Island. Inside the plane Dante and Handrin were waiting just beside the main hatch. They were still in there usual clothes with there weapons still attached to there bodies. Handrin and Dante weren’t the only ones in the plain. A group of creatures that looked to Dante like a pack of bear cups were handling the plain controls and some were sat next to them.
“OK, we’re over the island. Time to go.” Said one of the creatures in a high squeaky voice.
Handrin nodded and stepped just behind the main entrance. Another one of the creatures opened the door.
“We’ll collect you in 24 hours. If you’re not at the pick up point we leave without you.” the creature who opened the door said
Taking a big breath Handrin jumped from the plain followed by Dante. They slowly fell towards the ground. Handrin could see that Dante was having more fun with the skydive then was recommended for a stealth landing. Handrin just shock her head and smiled as Dante did a dramatic back flip in the air. They both landed on there feet at the door to castle. The ground shuck on there landing. Checking they had all there weapons they walked towards the door. Dante placed a hand on the door, he felt coldness. Taking his hand away he pushed the door open and walked in followed by Handrin.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 2

Inside was a large room. Ice was scattered all over the walls and the floor. It was dimly lit by lamps. A door covered in ice was straight in front of them. Approaching the door they were stopped by a noise from above them. Looking up they saw nothing but a large window. Dante and Handrin walked further towards the door and again a noise from above made them stop and look up. This time the window smashed and figures wearing black uniforms came through the opening on ropes.
“Human recruits.” said Handrin
They waited until all the figures had dropped into the chamber. Quickly looked them over they determined that there were about twenty of them all holding AKA’s. To Dante and Handrin they all looked like male soldiers though they had their faces covered they couldn’t be sure.
“Freeze.” said one of the soldiers.
Dante and Handrin just looked at each other then smiled.
“What ever you say man.” replied Dante
Handrin and Dante ran in different directions as the soldiers fired there AKA’s but were only hitting the chamber walls. Handrin ran up to one of the solders and jumped him from behind both going down at the same time. The man tried desperately to get his AKA into a good position for a shot but he felt something pierce his neck. Feeling pain he screamed which echoed through the entire chamber. Gun shots stopped as everyone turned to the sound. Dante looked sickened at the sight of blood from the man which was spattered on the wall near to him. Turning back to face the solders he deflected the bullets easily as they looked fearfully at both Handrin and him. Only using the handle of the sword he knocked unconscious the first solder. Using both rebellion and hand techniques the fight came to a close quickly. Looking around at the chamber he could see blood dripping from the walls where Handrin had ripped into the solders bodies. Some though dead most were just unconscious on the ground. Noticing Handrin taking the blood from a soldier he calmly walked up behind her and shot her in the back with ebony. Handrin fell to the ground with a slight scream. Dante turned her over and saw blood dripping from her mouth. He bent down placing ebony to her head.
“What the hell was that for?” she asked
Dante first turned to the solder he was still breathing but blood was pooling around him. Looking back at Handrin she could see anger in his eyes even though his face didn’t show it.
“Keep your demon side in check. Next time I won’t be lenient.” replied Dante
He got up and headed for the door. Handrin just laid there for a few seconds watching him then picked herself up and followed. The door was frozen but opened easily for them to enter the castle.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 3

Entering the castle they found them self’s at the foot of a stairwell. There didn’t seem to be any doors but large mirrors were placed at points in the stairwell. Lights from lamps flickered making the stairwell look dark and uninviting.
“Well this looks cosy.” said Handrin
Dante noticed something by his right foot. Leaning down he took a closer look. It looked like blood which was smeared along the floor like someone or something had been dragged.
“Something’s been here before us.” Dante said
Handrin looked at the blood and found it to lead the stairwell. Standing back up Dante looked at where the blood was leading to. Taking both Ebony and Ivory out of there holsters he followed the blood trail, Handrin too both her guns and did the same. Following the blood they came to a mirror. Looking passed the mirror they found no more of the blood. Dante placed his hand on the mirror and it went straight through. Retracting his hand from the mirror he looked at it quickly then walked through the mirror.
The other side of the mirror was a large room. It looked like what was left of a bedroom. Everything had been burnt until it was unrecognisable. The only think that had remained intact was the bed which was located next to another mirror. Looking around the room they found the blood trail continue until the bed. The bed seemed to have a figure lying on top of it. Walking closer towards the figure they could see it was another human shoulder. His neck seemed to have been slashed causing blood to cover his body. The blood reached all the way down to the figures feet.
“At least we now where the blood came from.” said Handrin with slight disgust
“Yes but what made these marks.”
Dante looked at the neck wound more carefully. To him it looked like a knife had made this mark. Handrin looked over his shoulder to have a look at the body more clearly. Dante felt the warmth f her body as she leaned on him. Thoughts came to mind at that moment but he quickly shrugged them off and concentrated on the body. Handrin walked away from Dante a little giving him more room.
“From the look of this I would have said a human had done this.” said Dante
“I don’t know some lowly creatures use human blades. No offence meant.”
“None taken, anyway I don’t use human blades.”
For the first time Handrin looked at Dante’s sword more carefully. It seemed to emanate power which she had never felt before.
“I can see that.” she said
“What ever it is it’s had a head start.”
Finding nothing of interest in the room they walked throught the mirror leaving the body where it lay.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 4

Handrin and Dante entered into a larger chamber then the one they had just exited. A large stone chair was at one end of the room whilst a mirror was on the other. Sitting in the chair was what looked like to be a woman. Dante took no notice of the woman and headed for the mirror. Handrin feeling curious walked towards the woman. As she got nearer Handrin found the woman to have what seemed like string attached to her body. She was wearing what only could be described as a cat suite her black hair covered her face. Getting closer Handrin could smell the stench of human flesh rotting though from the look of the woman she looked in good condition. Handrin gave the woman a closer look and was just about to lift the hair out of the woman’s eyes when she was surprised to see the woman was breathing. Handrin slowly backed away from the figure when the woman grapped her by the arm. The woman looked up towards her and Handrin could see that the woman’s eyes were sawn shut. Handrin pulled away from the woman’s grip hitting the floor with a thud. Dante had just reached the mirror when he heard the noise. Turning he found Handrin laying on the floor with the woman from the chair looming over her. The strings on the woman’s body made her walk in a strange mechanical way. Taking Rebellion he ran quickly towards where Handrin lay. Still in shock Handrin just watched as the woman moved closer to her. The woman looked from Handrin to Handrin's sword which had fallen to the floor. She picked it up and held the sword in both hands over Handrin. As Dante ran towards Handrin he saw the sword plunged into her body. She screamed in pain as the sword was placed deeper into her body. Blood splattered the woman and the surrounding area. Handrin went into convulsions then lay silently on the floor blood pooling around her. Dante switched into devil trigger making him quicker. Reaching the woman he slashed at her stomach and face. Nothing happened although the slashes were still evident on her skin. Taking a step back from her he noticed that the strings were tied to the ceiling. One by one he cut the strings causing the woman to fall to the ground. Dante saw that the woman just lied still on the floor. Taking little notice of the woman he turned his attention onto Handrin. He found that she was still breathing slightly though her eyes were shut. Handrin’s sword was still in her stomach, blood still trickling from the wound. He grapped hold of the swords handle to try and pull it from her body. Something shifted behind him, taking the sword from Handrin’s body he plunged it backwards with out even looking. The sword connected with something solid. In the Turning his head slightly he saw the woman standing behind him with the sword in her stomach. She was holding a dagger in her right hand. Dante twisted the sword snapping bones then pulled it from the woman’s body. The woman fell to the ground then vanished in a black cloud which travelled through the floor. Turning back to Handrin he could see her eyes open.
“You can’t save me Dante.” said Handrin
“Just hold on Handrin.”
Dante placed his hand over the wound trying to slow the blood flow.
“It won’t work. Only blood can help me.” replied Handrin
“Take mine.”
“What?”
“Take my blood.”
“I can’t. I could kill you.”
“No you won’t.”
He could see Handrin thinking it over. Placing his head to the side he held her closely to him then felt a sharp pain in his neck. The feeling of being drained followed quickly. Dante gritted his teeth as the pain grew. Just as he felt the darkness trying to take him the pain stopped. He dropped Handrin onto the floor and got up. Dizzily he walked to the nearest wall and sat back down. Feeling at his neck he found nothing put a little blood. Breathing heavily he watched Handrin’s body. Her body was breathing steadily then she opened her eyes and looked straight at him. Getting up from the floor she made her way towards him and held out her hand. Dante still feeling weak took her hand gladly and fell into her as he stood up. Handrin helped him walk towards the mirror at the end of the room. It only took a couple of steps before Dante could walk unaided. They both walked towards the mirror and then went through it.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 5

They entered back into the stairwell. Dante looked over the stair rail towards where they had entered the castle. Handrin walked slowly until she was next to him.
“I could have killed you back then.” said Handrin
“It’ll take more then that to kill me.”
“Why save me like that?”
Dante tuned towards her with a smile.
“We should be heading up.” said Dante hurriedly
Not pressing the matter further they headed for the last mirror on the stairwell. As before they tried to enter the mirror but found they couldn’t go through it. Looking around they found no other way off the stairwell but the way they had came. Dante walked back to the stairwell rail and looked up. A little above then was a large window showing the setting of the sun.
“Looks like we’ll have to go up.” Dante said
Handrin joined him and looked upwards then down to the ground.
“It’s a long way down.” replied Handrin
Taking ebony and Ivory out of there holsters he aimed at the window and fired three rounds. The window shattered sending shards towards the ground. Dante stood on the railing closely followed by Handrin.
“You ready?” asked Dante
“Can I say no?”
“Just hold onto me.”
Handrin held onto Dante tightly then they jumped. As they fell he switched into devil trigger. Slowly they both headed upward towards the shattered window then through it. Looking down they could see that the roof of the castle led onto a large stone bridge. Handrin watched as they flew towards the bridge. They both landed onto it at a fast speed. Not being able to catch there feet on the stone bridge they fell to the ground. Handrin landed on top of Dante. Both looking at each other they smiled slightly.
“Sorry Dante.” said Handrin
“No problem. Next time land on me a little softer.”
Handrin got off Dante hurriedly and dusted herself off. The bridge seemed to be heading over to what looked like a graveyard. Both feeling a powerful presence emanating from the graveyard they came to the conclusion that they were nearer to they’re main aim. Moving towards the graveyard Handrin suddenly stopped midway and looked upwards. A noise like electricity sounded just above them. As she looked up towards the sky she spotted something in the distance. It was moving quickly towards.
“What’s that?” Handrin said
Dante looked in the direction she was staring up at and watched as the object got closer. As it got into view they could see it was an orb emitting an electrical energy.
“Oh hell.” Dante said
The orb seemed to be gathering a large amount of energy. Both Dante and Handrin ran towards the graveyard but after only a few feet the bridge shuck as the orbs electrical energy hit it. Handrin fell to the floor. Dante stopped and was about to go help her.
“Go just go. I’ll be fine.” said Handrin
Just at that moment the bridge was hit again and the part of bridge Handrin had fallen on gave way and she fell towards the sea far below them. Not really giving it much though Dante jumped after her. They fell for what seemed like an eternity then they went deep into the sea. Handrin hit the sea first going under the water shortly followed by Dante. After a few seconds they both reached the surface and watched as they orb slowly moved away from the bridge. As they looked up they could see the bridge had been shuck apart.
“Someone doesn’t like us?” said Dante
“You, you mean. I’m quite likeable.”
They both laughed. Dante saw what seemed to be a cave on the island with the castle. Handrin looked into the direction of the cave. Both swam towards the cave slowly.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 6

The cave was further then they had thought. The sun was shinning brightly as the climbed up into the cave. Soaking wet they walked further into the cave. Surprisingly they found that what they had found wasn’t a cave but a small walkway. Lamps hung on the walls. As they walked the twisting walkway they found themselves heading deeper down until it levelled off at the bottom. A little dryer they continued walking through the walk way. They reached section that seemed to be leaking slightly. Handrin stopped and looked towards the ceiling.
“We must be under the sea?” said Handrin surprised
“Keep walking.”
As they walked a little further the lights went out. Dante stopped and tried to see through the darkness. He felt something walk into him.
“It’s OK, it’s only me.” said Handrin
A noise of scuttling was heard through the walkway.
“Place you back on mine.” Dante said quietly
Handrin did as she was asked. They both took out there guns and waited. The noise came closer towards them. Not even waiting they both fire round after round into the darkness. Their guns made a small light as each round exited the guns. Not being able to see they had to listen carefully to know where the things were. As they shot into the darkness they could hear shrieks coming from the darkness. Dante felt something cut his left cheek. He aimed his gun towards that direction and as he fired he heard a shriek and something fall onto his foot. He kicked it of his foot as he kept using his guns. It only seemed like minutes before the lights came back on. Handrin were still back to back. Looking around they saw small bats littering the walk way. From the look of it there must have been hundreds of these creatures lying lifeless on the ground.
“That was exciting?” Handrin said
Facing each other they could see small cuts on each others faces. Dante noticed that Handrin had a large cut to her face. He lifted her face slightly to get a better look at the wound. Unlike the others this cut was healing slower.
“This looks deep.” Dante said
Handrin placed her hand on his hand that was holding her face and pushed it slowly away from her.
“It’ll heal. One of those cut me a little deep that’s all.”
Turning they headed along the walkway stepping on the bats as they did. They carried on walking until they saw the sun just ahead of them. Entering into the brightness they found themselves in the graveyard. Though the sun was shining darkness surrounded the place. Something caught Handrin's eye. Looking at it carefully it looked like a body. She moved closer towards the body as Dante just watched. At a closer look she was shocked to see Dalin laying there. He wasn’t breathing. She heard Dante walk up behind her Dante lent close to her to get a better view. Handrin could feel the warmth ness of his body as he touched her. Dante spotted a mark on Dalin’s neck. Backing away a little he went to the side of Handrin to get a better view of the mark. Looking at it closely he recognised the mark from before.
“It’s the same cut from the solder.” Dante said
Handrin looked at the wound more carefully.
“Yes, this doesn’t make sense who would kill Dalin?”
“Something did. I would say Dalin’s been here a few hours at least.”
Handrin backed away from Dalin and looked around the grave yard. The darkness that surrounded the place seemed to grow darker the further in you went. She felt a presence somewhere ahead. As she looked at Dante she could see he felt it too. Dante headed off into the darkness. Handrin looked back at Dalin then quickly went after Dante.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 7

The darkness seemed to surround them looking upwards Handrin could slightly see the sun. They hadn’t walked far before a small light appeared ahead of them. Moving closer they found it to be a light from a statue that was placed by two pathways. The statue was of a woman holding the light.
“Follow the light and you shall pass the darkness.” read Dante
They watched as the light grew brighter until they had too cover there eyes. The light then faded, uncovering there eyes they found the light had moved from the figure to just in front of them.
“Looks like we have a guide of sorts.” said Handrin
They followed the light down the left pathway. As they walked they saw something ahead of them. It was stumbling badly and collapsed a few feet in front of them. Slowly they approached it and as they grew close they found it to be a solder from before. Blood was pooling from a wound in his side. Walking up to him they found him too be still breathing and his eyes were open. Handrin bent down towards him and tried to have a look at the wound.
“Stay away from me.” said the man
“I’m trying to help you.” replied Handrin
The man still uneasy let her look at the wound. To her it looked quite deep. She looked at Dante and shuck her head.
“What?” said the man
Dante just turned and walked a little away from them.
“It’s really deep. I don’t think I can save you.” replied Handrin
“I thought as much. Listen don’t go down there. There’s something waiting.”
Handrin looked further down the pathway. The light they were following stayed a little in front of them.
“Can you tell me what it is?” asked Handrin
“I didn’t see it. It just came out from nowhere.”
The man convulsed next to her then he went still. She could see he wasn’t breathing.
“What do you think?” said Handrin
“We go on. Whatever it is its very powerful.”
“Yes I felt that too. That worry’s me.”
“We’d better go.”
Dante started to follow the light as he walked he heard Handrin scream. Looking back towards her he found a man behind her holding a knife to her throat.
“Dante, I was wondering when you would get here.” said the man
Dante was just about to reach for his gun.
“I wouldn’t if I were you. Wouldn’t want my little knife to slip would we.” The man continued
“What do you want?”
“What everyone wants power. Though for the moment you’ll do.”
“Who are you?”
“Malkin, lowly demon. That’s what she called me right.”
Malkin placed the knife further into Hnadrin's neck making her grit her teeth.
“You want to deal with me let her go.”
“Oh we couldn’t be doing that. You see Handrin here has been nothing but trouble from the start. Sticking her nose into places they shouldn’t be. Though saying that she has done one thing right.”
“Yeah and what would that be?”
“Bringing you here. Though she brought you here for a good cause to stop Dalin. Did you like my little trail I left?”
“She was right only a lowly demon could have done something like that.”
“Is that a little mockery I hear? No matter. It’ll be your turn soon Dante. For now you’ll watch as she dies.”
Dalin cut Handrin's throat then disappeared in the blackness. Handrin fell and Dante rushed to catch her. Catching her before she reached the floor he found that she wasn’t breathing.
“Handrin?”
Handrin’s head slumped to the left as Dante held her. Dante laid her of the floor slowly. Getting up he walked a few steps away from her. Taking rebellion he stared at the light then ran into the darkness.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 8

Dante finally exited the darkness of the graveyard and found himself faced with a cathedral. The large door was slightly open and the sound of organ music could be heard from within. Entering through the doorway he looked around. An alter was located at the front just before a large class stained window. The picture in the window was of a woman who was being loomed over by a demon. Benches for the followers were rowed on both sides of him. Dante walked towards the sound of the organ. As he approached he found Malkin to be playing it. The music stopped as he moved closer to Malkin.
“I wouldn’t come much closer if I was you.” said Malkin
Large cat like demon appeared between him and Malkin. Malkin turned and faced Dante. Seeing rebellion in his hand Malkin smiled a little.
“You wouldn’t want to end up like your brother.”
Malkin reached into his coat pocket and took out a medallion like the one his mother had given him. Blood was stained on the amulet. Slight sorrow showed on his face as he saw the amulet.
“I thought you might recognise this. It was so easy to take the amulet from Vergil.”
“Is that what you wanted the amulets?”
“At first no but then as Handrin came digging into my affairs I came to the realisation that she would go looking for you. Quite a crafty demon but needs work on her abilities or should I say that she should have worked on her abilities.”
“Doesn’t matter to me. Either way you’ll be going back to where you came from.”
Malkin stood up and reached for a sword that he had placed by the organ. Holding it in his right hand Dante found it to be Vergil’s sword. Malkin slowly took the Katama’s cover of showing its blade.
“It’s quite poetic. Dante son of Spader to die by his brothers own sword.” said Malkin
“That supposed to scare me?”
Malkin shook his head slightly. Both ran at each other swords drawn the sound of metal against metal echoed the cathedral as the swords connected. Sparks emanated as they connected. Dante tried to aim at Malkin’s chest but Malkin moved quickly out of the way before it connected. Dante was kicked on his right side as he tried for another attack on Malkin. Dante bent slightly and felt something connect with his chest sending him to the floor. Malkin tried to stake Dante in the chest with the sword. Dante moved quickly nut the sword connected with his shoulder. He gritted his teeth as he felt the pain of the sword. Malkin twisted the sword and the sound a breaking bones could be heard. Dante kicked Malkin's feet from under him. The sword slipped from his shoulder onto the floor. As Dante got up he found that he couldn’t use the arm the sword had connected with, it hung loosely by his side. Malkin tried a slash to Dante’s face but was deflected by Dante’s sword which he had placed in his working hand. Dante felt Malkin’s knee in his chest sending him backwards again. As he looked up ready to black Malkin’s next mover he saw a gun appear just by Malkin’s head. Malkin looked shocked as he heard the gun clip back. Looking down the gun he saw Handrin holding the gun. Her hair was matted in blood slightly. Blood had also fallen from her mouth onto her bust line. Dante noticed she was breathing heavily as he watched her chest move with each breath she took.
“You’re supposed to be dead.” said Malkin
“I’m already dead. You can’t kill me twice.” replied Handrin
She pulled the trigger causing the gun shot to echo through the cathedral. Malkin fell to the floor, blood spattered both Handrin and Dante. Handrin turned to Dante blood had been smeared over one side of her face. Handrin held her hand towards Dante, he took it and was helped to his feet. She looked at his lose arm carefully she felt up to the shoulder blade. Finding that it was only dislocated she grapped it firmly and slotted it back into place.
“Thanks.” said Dante
He felt his arm and found it to be working fine. Seeing his bothers sword beside Malkin he went and picked it up. Dante also removed the amulet that Malkin had in his pocket. He looked it over carefully then placed it into his own pocket.
“We’d better go. They’ll be at the pick up point soon.” said Handrin
“There’s still something here.”
Dante could still sense power close by to them.
“Next time. We came to stop Dalin, he’s dead and so is this lowly servant.”
She kicked the lifeless body of Malkin. Dante looked at the body and then to Handrin.
Nodding they both walked out of the cathedral and headed for the pickup point.

Epilogue

Reaching the pickup point they saw that a chopper was approaching towards them. Thy watched as it landed just a few feet from him. The creatures that had dropped them onto the island were piloting the chopper. They both got into the chopper and were glad when they started to head upwards. As they got higher Dante and Handrin could see the island clearly. Dante thought he saw something glitter just beyond the cathedral. He watched it carefully, all of a sudden two bolts of electricity headed from the ground towards them. Handrin saw them as they came from the ground.
“Energy bolts. Hard left.” said Handrin to the pilot.
They craft tried to move to the left but it was too slow to manoeuvre. Both energy bolts hit the craft sending it into a spin.
“I can’t hold her.” said the pilot
The chopper started to descend at a fast rate. Sirens could be heard through the whole craft. Dante and Handrin held onto each other tightly as they headed for the see far below them. Handrin closed her eyes. The only sound she heard before they hit the water was the beating of Dante’s heart.

The end.

Top Bottom