• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Solid 60fps on PC?

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
Is that even achievable? I've done everything I can to make this game playable. I removed most of the sound files, defragmented the folder, and installed this mod. I'm getting 60fps %95 of the time, but there are noticeable dips to 45-50fps.

I'm certain it's not my rig's fault. I've benchmarked 1080p, 1440p and 4k and I'm getting the same performance.

IIRC, it's possible with VSYNC disabled, but the screen tearing is absolutely horrendous.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Optimization is just all over the place man, don't put more unnecessary effort into it, just deal with it.

Besides, you still get 60 95% of the time, with drops to 45-50, which are still pretty good. It's not a bad situation after all.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
If it was your average 3rd person action adventure game, the performance wouldn't be a problem for me, I would just cap the fps to 30 and bring back the sound files. Thing is, I consider DMC to be a hardcore franchise with an in-depth combat system and so performance is the #1 priority for me. The fps drops last barely a second but they're common and they become really annoying when I'm in the middle of executing a combo. It distorts the flow and wrecks things for me.

You're right, though. It's not worth all the trouble. Maybe I should just drop the game and wait for DMC4SE.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you've got an Nvidia card, go to the NVCP and try setting the prerendered frames to 1. Usually it helps with stuttering.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hope this is not considered necromancy but I thought I'd add this information.

Another thing that helps performance is disabling Windows Aero and enabling Basic instead.

Top Bottom