• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So how come "f you" is the first thing people use

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Cause people are b!tches.

But seriously it's all from that spat with the succubus. Ever since then, people have been using that lame excuse for a while. They said stuff like "A character isn't cool if he has to swear alot." Said the gamer who worshiped the dialog of GTA5. And what's even more funny was the fact that some forgot classic Dante said f you first in the anime WHICH IS CANON. You won't believe how many people didn't want to accept it as such simply because of that one time he said F you.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Cause people are b!tches.

But seriously it's all from that spat with the succubus. Ever since then, people have been using that lame excuse for a while. They said stuff like "A character isn't cool if he has to swear alot." Said the gamer who worshiped the dialog of GTA5. And what's even more funny was the fact that some forgot classic Dante said f you first in the anime WHICH IS CANON. You won't believe how many people didn't want to accept it as such simply because of that one time he said F you.

So we should all just say classic Dante is whiny because of the "fill your dark soul with light" scene.

Because one scene = entire character, right guys?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
"Dante would never swear, because he's clean-cut and classy."
---Every fanboy in denial ever.

That's just hilarious given the fact that the original Dante had his own share of foul-mouthed insults in the anime...such as repeatedly calling demons "dickhead", and calling the head of a demon prison a "pudgy ****."

Because, you know...that's James Bond tier classiness right there. Also, I love this long-running stream of profoundly ignorant logic that litters these obsessive fanboys' arguments, when they assume that having curses and profanity automatically makes a character or story poorly-written.

I mean, of course---you can't have a character spewing profanity but still be well-written.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
"Dante would never swear, because he's clean-cut and classy."
---Every fanboy in denial ever.

That's just hilarious given the fact that the original Dante had his own share of foul-mouthed insults in the anime...such as repeatedly calling demons "dickhead", and calling the head of a demon prison a "pudgy ****."

Because, you know...that's James Bond tier classiness right there. Also, I love this long-running stream of profoundly ignorant logic that litters these obsessive fanboys' arguments, when they assume that having curses and profanity automatically makes a character or story poorly-written.

I mean, of course---you can't have a character spewing profanity but still be well-written.

And Dante isn't supposed to be "clean cut and classy."

That's Vergil's thing. Dante is rude and raunchy.

ToriJ

There were several instances throughout the game where characters swore, and not just with the F word. A lot of the time when curses were used they felt forced and poorly written with some other dialog, which I noticed mainly seem to be consistent with the demons. It didn't ruin my overall enjoyment, but I can see where people are coming from with the swearing.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I guess it comes down to the situation of the story. If it's just like, "Yeah just chuck an F YOU here and *insert* the word bitch just for lulz" then no, it won't be the right kind of thing to do if it's not in the right context. If it doesn't really add or do anything to that character then it seems poorly written.

berto

I Saw the Devil
to describe the reboot, even though it was only said twice by Dante?
It's two words. Anything else requires relative amounts of explanation which would consist of more than two words.

Out of all the cheesy things in Twilight why do people first point to the sparkling thing? It's become representative of everything else and it's quick and easy to point out over the other elements that make people cringe.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Because they decided to put it as representative dialogue in preview of the bosses. And it didn't do any good.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There were several instances throughout the game where characters swore, and not just with the F word. A lot of the time when curses were used they felt forced and poorly written with some other dialog, which I noticed mainly seem to be consistent with the demons. It didn't ruin my overall enjoyment, but I can see where people are coming from with the swearing.

Agreed. XD you stole the words out of my keyboard.

Meg

I swear *ba-dum-tiss* I see more people complaining about people who dislike DmC than I actually see people complaining about how much they dislike DmC. Like, who really cares why people point out out the "f you" thing? Trolls and haters are always going to exist, regardless of what it is. I have never seen a fanbase give so much attention to trolls and haters before. At this point, just let it go. Do we really not have anything else to talk about? :facepalm:

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I swear *ba-dum-tiss* I see more people complaining about people who dislike DmC than I actually see people complaining about how much they dislike DmC. Like, who really cares why people point out out the "f you" thing? Trolls and haters are always going to exist, regardless of what it is. I have never seen a fanbase give so much attention to trolls and haters before. At this point, just let it go. Do we really not have anything else to talk about? :facepalm:

About time somebody said this. I had noticed that trend earlier but kept quiet, and I'm glad that it came from one of the veteran members of this forum. Thumbs up for you.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
To me, what really stood out were the emotional moments. When Dante at the end of the game said "I don't know who I am anymore" I just wanted to squeeze myself into my screen and give him a giant hug. Well done by Tim Phillipps.

Top Bottom