• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sick of the Wait..

The Final Offer

For me it's Final Fantasy XV

I'm beyond hoping it comes out this year because, I'm seeing more things Kingdom Hearts than FFXV!

Ever since they announced it would be going to X1, I am once again left waiting for them to make up their damn minds on what resolution it will be.

If you know anything about XV it's that it was Versus at first and was promised to be exclusive to Sony consoles. Yes I'm thinking the game is struggling with a release date because of this change. Each and every time I look up what's going on in the gaming community there's always some developer talking about how much better the PS4 is at resolution and frames per second.

I'm not trying to talk down on the X1, it just needs to get up to the resolution capabilities next gen games are supposed to have. I believe this is slowing the development of FFXV. They're done with the writing and even know what the sequel will be.

Anyways, I don't think the X1 can handle what XV is promising and could actually force the quality to lower for the final release. I don't think Square knew what the X1 was capable of at the time of the announcement, much like what EA thought of the capabilities of the PS4 and chose to make Titanfall Microsoft exclusive.

So, is there a game you're sick of waiting for? Could you elaborate on what it is and what you believe it truly is?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Same as you, along with Kingdom Hearts 3. Don't know what the holdup is though, something do do with development teams, or so I hear. Putting it on X1 as well won't help for a quick release date either.

I just want a conclusion to the story I got into when I was a kid. I'm an adult now, and nowhere near close to finding out how Kingdom Hearts will end. No more spinoffs. I just want a conclusion to this whol Xehanort, Ansem, Terranort and Xemans time travel mess. With each spinoof, it's becoming more convoluted, and I just want them to conclude the plot before it becomes even more of a mess.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'm confident enough that they will show Final Fantasy XV this E3 along with Kingdom Hearts 3 now that they are done with the FFXII trilogy. I really hope they will also finalize a release date because we have been waiting for like 9 and 10 years for both of them.

Another game that i'm waiting for is Witcher 3 but CDPR have a good reason why they delayed it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Xbox One specs can handle things perfectly fine, its just that developers are having a harder time optimizing for it thats all. It is fully capable of 1080p and 60FPS but SOME developers are struggling with the toolkits. There are plenty of games on way that developers have already said that they will be 1080p and 60FPS on both and also some on BOTH that have had to lower it a little and run at 30FPS (BF4, UFC, AC4, Murdered -Soul Suspect, Need for Speed Rivals, The Crew) as devs couldnt get either platform running in 1080p without FPS drop.

Doesnt effect the quality of the title and I have seen some running side by side with different resolutions and differences are minimal. Its the developers that need to get their asses into gear as its achievable on both consoles just need to optimize their games better and learn the ins and outs of the toolkits for the Xbox One more. Sonys RAM is easier to utilize and devs have just found it far easier to work with currently. With DirectX 12 coming in, hopefully it will help devs get a handle on things on Xbox One because they have not gotten up to speed yet and its not good enough. Things will only get better and will be more and more 1080p 60FPS titles on both consoles as time goes on.

Bottom line is The Xbox One is fully capable of 1080p at 60fps, but it's up to individual developers to balance resources in such a way that their titles deliver the optimal visual experience to players. You can tell who the more experienced developers are as they manage to get both running the same or at least close enough not to tell a difference. However at the same time some developers have never developed for Xbox before so entire toolkit is alien to them currently and they are still learning the ropes. Both companies have never had 2 consoles that are as close to each other specs wise and though there is a gap it isnt as wide as people are making out. Things will only get better and people should just enjoy the games rather than picking on developers for lower resolutions and FPS. So in this instance you have nothing to worry about if its on Xbox One also as by then the 'situation' will be much better.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I suppose Final Fantasy XV's picture quality could be worse than that of the PS4, but honestly, I'm not sure we'd be able to tell the difference. I heard that the Xbox One can handle 1080p (Full HD), so it's quite possible Final Fantasy XV will be 1080p. FF games usually aren't too heavy, so... it should be doable, right?

As for games I'm sick of waiting for... Fallout 4. Seriously, Fallout 3 was released in 2008. Six. Years. And FO4 is still in an early stage of development, so expect it to be released in, say, 2016. Eight years.
I realize they've been busy with TES V: Skyrim and TES Online, but it seems to me that you should finish what you started before you start something new. If it's going to take this long, you might as well split up the company to form another branch, so that you can actually work on several things simultaneously. I mean, what's next? Waiting for ten years before Fallout 5 is released?

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I suppose Final Fantasy XV's picture quality could be worse than that of the PS4, but honestly, I'm not sure we'd be able to tell the difference. I heard that the Xbox One can handle 1080p (Full HD), so it's quite possible Final Fantasy XV will be 1080p. FF games usually aren't too heavy, so... it should be doable, right?

As for games I'm sick of waiting for... Fallout 4. Seriously, Fallout 3 was released in 2008. Six. Years. And FO4 is still in an early stage of development, so expect it to be released in, say, 2016. Eight years.
I realize they've been busy with TES V: Skyrim and TES Online, but it seems to me that you should finish what you started before you start something new. If it's going to take this long, you might as well split up the company to form another branch, so that you can actually work on several things simultaneously. I mean, what's next? Waiting for ten years before Fallout 5 is released?

I second that about Fallout 4, been waiting for ages for another & I played 3 for hundreds of hours. Team that made Skyrim & Fallout 3 didn't have much to do with Elder Scrolls online as that was Zenimax Online not Bethesda. Though no doubt some of Bethesda team likely gave them a hand here & there.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The Xbox One specs can handle things perfectly fine, its just that developers are having a harder time optimizing for it that's all. It is fully capable of 1080p and 60FPS but SOME developers are struggling with the toolkits.
... Why is that though? You'd think it'd be the same all around.

ToriJ

People are hoping some more news on FFXV will show up at this year's TGS in Japan, but I have no hopes or expectations that anything on the game will be seen. I'd love to be wrong, but at this point in time, I have no faith in Square to deliver. It's already been eight years. This should have came out years ago on the PS3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
... Why is that though? You'd think it'd be the same all around.

Depends how an engine works and how the developers utilise the memory, cache and loading etc. Some developers who are more familiar with the toolkits have had an easier job than those who have struggled with poorly optimised engines and who are unfamiliar with the Microsoft SDK. Some developers have resource hog engines that the RAM type on the XB1 is quickly used up and bottlenecks start to occur causing them to have to lower the resolution to keep the frame rate stable. The PS4 simply had more room for maneuver so devs have had less trouble in this regard.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Man, still waiting on that Western Release of PSO2...sigh...

On the probable side, pretty psyched for Smash Bros and Bayo 2.

Top Bottom