• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should they add Rebellion into the game ?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
There would be no reason for Dante to bring both swords and he needs to have Force Edge with him to unseal it. Rebellion wouldn't have been enough to defeat Mundus. However if they were to include Rebellion as an unlockable weapon that isn't considered to be present in story then there wouldn't be a problem.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Rebellion is like his everyday sword and Force Edge is like his "Super-special" and "Super-powered" sword

SO he uses Rebellion because the enemies he faces aren't that strong

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Rebellion is like his everyday sword and Force Edge is like his "Super-special" and "Super-powered" sword

SO he uses Rebellion because the enemies he faces aren't that strong
The sealed form of Force edge seems to be weaker than Rebellion (limited moveset, no DT, can't use Drive etc.) and Dante only had the unsealed Force Edge/Sparda for a very short time before giving it to Trish.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The sealed form of Force edge seems to be weaker than Rebellion (limited moveset, no DT, can't use Drive etc.) and Dante only had the unsealed Force Edge/Sparda for a very short time before giving it to Trish.

But it still is unnecessary to carry around such sword when his enemies are as strong as Mundus it also has a vulnerability of getting stolen For ex: DMC 3&4

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
But it still is unnecessary to carry around such sword when his enemies are as strong as Mundus it also has a vulnerability of getting stolen For ex: DMC 3&4
Maybe, but Dante apparently didn't see it that way. As far as I can tell Dante used Force Edge from the day he got it until he gave it to Trish dispite Rebellion being the better sword for most of that time. It's a good thing that he did because if he would have fought Mundus with Rebellion he probably would have lost.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Maybe, but Dante apparently didn't see it that way. As far as I can tell Dante used Force Edge from the day he got it until he gave it to Trish dispite Rebellion being the better sword for most of that time. It's a good thing that he did because if he would have fought Mundus with Rebellion he probably would have lost.

It was no doubt that it was the weakest weapon in the game and sometime i've wondered that why is that even in the game ? after getting alavastor no one would've used it

I think Dante had that for a reason probably because he knew that it granted sparda DT or he just had it for goodwill

I remember this text when battling mundus "These armments cannot do a crap against Mundus" so yeah Rebellion is a B type of weapon it acts as an alternative to alavastor

In fact they both are similar to each other

Top Bottom