• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rule Restricted Runs

Erian1Mortal

Premium
At first I wanted to call this topic challenge runs but I thought it would be better not to. Just because it doesn't have to always be a challenge. I feel like the topic title is self explanatory but I'll give an example of what I mean with it. Let's say you played a game to death and want to make it interesting again, so why not make up some rules (within the confinement of the game) to just do that.

Game: Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition

Ruleset: Only use Legendary Weapons and Armor
Difficulty level: Variable

Optional Rules
- No Damage /Death
- Low Level
- HUD less run

This run is one of the few I'm working on for myself (not gonna record it since I'm still researching stuff in the Deathinitive Edition, they seem to have changed some weapon and Armor locations as well as added a few)

Have you ever done something like this? Do you have ideas for other games?

Meg

For Pokemon games, I'll do a run through where I only catch a Pokemon if I'm going to use it on my championship team. This means I go a good chunk of the game with less than six Pokemon. I like it because it adds a bit of challenge but mostly because it mirrors your rival who does the same thing.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
For DmC there is always Must Style, Hardcore, Gods Must Die. Must Style Bloody Palace is also really fun to do.

Another idea is a run with only Level 1 skills. A lot of the Level 2 and 3 skills just add damage so you won't really miss anything in terms of how many moves you have.

Top Bottom