• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 Remake Approved For Development

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
I'd post a dancing gif to show how excited I am but I don't know any good ones. Either way, this is pretty awesome news.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
CAPCOM right now
193.gif

never got to play 2 ill be sure to get it

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Usually i'd be pretty ecstatic but now i just worry about how authentically they're going to "recreate" RE2 RE 1 remake was so good because it was made with all the original staff&director of original resi evil.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I hope they attempt to make the presentation and characters akin to the remade RE2 scenes in Darkside Chronicles. Leon and Claire's banter were my favorite part of that game, and the other characters were interesting too.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If it's anything like RE4 and onwards or Alyson Court isn't Claire then it's an instant fail, but if Capcom pulls through and delivers a REmake quality game then Capcom will be officially redeemed and Konami will be the new Capcom.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

The only reason that the RE1 remake was so close to its source material is because the director and series creator directed both games.

As for RE2, the director & producer has left Capcom, while the writer has passed away.
That should be enough indication that the remake of RE2 won't be as "faithful" as RE1 & its remake.

While Yoshiaki Hirabayashi may have been involved in REmake HD, remember that he's also the scenario writer for RE5 and the producer of RE6.
Whether it's 'old' or 'new' style is kinda 50-50.

Furthermore, despite the whole thing being Hirabayashi's fanboy dream, he's only the producer.
The ones that decide the gameplay and scenarios will be the director and writer.
So if the likes of Yasuhiro Anpo (director of RE5 & Revelations 2) or Eiichiro Sasaki (director of Outbreak series & RE6) got a role as the remake's director, say hello to OTS RE2.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If it's anything like RE4 and onwards or Alyson Court isn't Claire then it's an instant fail, but if Capcom pulls through and delivers a REmake quality game then Capcom will be officially redeemed and Konami will be the new Capcom.
Konami is already worst than Capcom. Recent revelations have made it clear they're just a horrible company to work under.

Goldsickle

internet will explode in 3.. 2..
*Whimper*

Looking around the net and even Capcom's official forums, the reaction to RE2 remake announcement is rather weak.
The internet didn't really set itself on fire nor explode upon the official confirmation of the second game's remake.

Maybe the RE2 remake isn't as "highly demanded" as some people make it out to be.

Top Bottom