• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reconquest

Dark Drakan

Admin
header.jpg

StormCube Games have announced a new RTS title inspired by the classic 90's RTS titles like Dune 2 & Command & Conquer series. It is set for release on Steam on 16th December & as a HUGE RTS fan im hoping its good.

ABOUT

Reconquest is a real-time strategy game with the classic mechanics of the 90's RTS games like Dune 2 or the Command & Conquer series.

The game takes place after World War III, when mankind got close to extinction. The player has to reconquer Earth from the outlaws by making better strategic decisions than their opponents. The most valuable resource that still exists, and its possession will determine outcome of battles is the radioactive shale gas.

The game offers a single player campaign mode and a skirmish mode where you can fight against the AI.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It's not a genre I'm into, but I'm happy for strategy games fans. The genre seems to be healthy right now.

I grew up with what are considered to be the very best RTS games & its the genre that 1st properly hooked me into gaming so im happy that the genre is making a return. Just need a good flow of highly rated ones & maybe the genre will flourish once again, far too many mediocre RTS games out there that simply dont live up to the older ones.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Game is set to launch today & im going to be waiting on user reviews to see if its any good before purchasing but im REALLY hoping it is decent. They have updated the Steam page in last few days with new screenshots and such.​

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well the launch didnt go as well as I had hoped it would as they submitted it late for verification by Valve first of all which delayed the release time frame. When the game did eventually go live it was met with mixed reviews, though the developers have released 3 updates so far to address the main issues people had brought up. With it only being the developers 2nd ever game as a team (former Crytek Budapest employees) some of these mistakes can be forgiven to an extent & seems they are working hard to rectify the things brought up by customers.

Im hoping that with a couple more updates the game could really start to show its potential as it seems to have a lot of it according to people who did purchase on Day 1. Fingers crossed that it does improve over time & becomes a solid addition to the RTS genre on Steam, will remain on my wishlist for now while I await improvements.

Top Bottom