• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Post your favourite quote

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
He swore a lot in the anime, almost on the same level as DmC Dante:blink:
I know he said things like 'crap' and '****ed off' in the games, but that was rare....makes me wonder what they would have made Dante say in the games if the games had a higher age rating. :/

The DMC series WAS rated at a high age rating. Its just DMC never had major swearing in it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The DMC series WAS rated at a high age rating. Its just DMC never had major swearing in it.
It's age 16 rated where I live, so if it had been given 18+, then there could have been worse...like the anime..

Having said that, as DMC is a Japanese game, and the Japanese don't have swearing like the west does...unless they put in Enlgish swear words, which they sometimes do...thought I do find it interesting that DMC4 never had a Japanese dub.

In Japan, it was rated Cero C, which is for ages 15 and up. After that, they have rating for 17+ and 18+. So DMC4 was a game for young teenagers. Cero C isn't a very high age rating at all in Japan, so they would have needed to keep swearing, or rudeness to a minimum ayway.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's age 16 rated where I live, so if it had been given 18+, then there could have been worse...like the anime..

Having said that, as DMC is a Japanese game, and the Japanese don't have swearing like the west does...unless they put in Enlgish swear words, which they sometimes do...thought I do find it interesting that DMC4 never had a Japanese dub.

In Japan, it was rated Cero C, which is for ages 15 and up. After that, they have rating for 17+ and 18+. So DMC4 was a game for young teenagers. Cero C isn't a very high age rating at all in Japan, so they would have needed to keep swearing, or rudeness to a minimum ayway.

So what's DmC then? is it up there with Panty and Stocking with Garterbelts?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
He swore a lot in the anime, almost on the same level as DmC Dante:blink:
I know he said things like 'crap' and '****ed off' in the games, but that was rare....makes me wonder what they would have made Dante say in the games if the games had a higher age rating. :/

A lot of people complained that DmC Dante swears. Most, if not all, didn't even know about Dante swearing a whole f'n lot in the DMC anime!

A lot of people nowadays have unwashed potty mouths themselves anyway. So I shouldn't complain something so trivial towards someone like having a potty mouth!

DMC has always been rated M for Mature. So I see no problem there.

EDIT:

LOL :lol:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
A lot of people complained that DmC Dante swears. Most, if not all, didn't even know about Dante swearing a whole f'n lot in the DMC anime!

A lot of people nowadays have unwashed potty mouths themselves anyway. So I shouldn't complain something so trivial towards someone like having a potty mouth!

DMC has always been rated M for Mature. So I see no problem there.

EDIT:

LOL :lol:

Continuing on:
Not much swearing in Japanese, eh? Not much like this?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I love that anime:lol:
Well, from what I saw of the Japanese subtitles, they kind of negated some of the things. Like Lilith saying she is a b!tch was turned into something about the world and society kneeling at Mundus' feet.

The game actually got a D rating wihich is for 17+, so there is 1 more higher rating than that.

Continuing on:
Not much swearing in Japanese, eh? Not much like this?
They say 'f-ck' loads in that.:lol: The English dub is even worse....and I didn't think it could be much worse than the Japanese dub.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just wanted to pop back in say, for the third time, that I meant your favourite quotes from the Devil May Cry anime.

But I don't mind quotes from the games. Carry on.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just wanted to pop back in say, for the third time, that I meant your favourite quotes from the Devil May Cry anime.

But I don't mind quotes from the games. Carry on.
I think someone has posted my favourite about Dante talking back to that creepy prison guard. :p Nice to know he can give as good as he gets verbally.

I also like some of his interactions with Patty. You can tell he's annoyed by her, but at the same time, he's got to look after her.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think someone has posted my favourite about Dante talking back to that creepy prison guard. :p Nice to know he can give as good as he gets verbally.

aaaaaggghhh, I knooooooowwww. That's one of my favourite scenes in the anime *perve face*

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
dante dmc3 this partys gettin crazy lets rock

nero you look as if you have been playing me from the beginning

Ohhhhh that just reminded me of one of my all time fav quotes from dmc4

• Kid? Well... if that's how you see me, I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!

DMC

Devil May Cry
Ohhhhh that just reminded me of one of my all time fav quotes from dmc4

• Kid? Well... if that's how you see me, I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!
that quote really takes my cookie....

Top Bottom