Play3 Magazine Review : 8.9/10

Discussion in 'DmC: Devil May Cry' started by Sawyer1331, Jan 5, 2013.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Sawyer1331

Sawyer1331 Son Of Sparda Is Back

Trophies:
    Well it's what the title says :P
    [image temporarily removed]
    It's a German magazine and DmC got a pretty good score from it !
    8.9/10
  2. CheeseKao

CheeseKao Lord Cheesington

Trophies:
    Are there any juicy details in the review?
  3. Sieghart

Sieghart "Plough the lilies"

Trophies:
    [image temporarily removed]
    chocolateghost79 likes this.
  4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. lorddemolatron

lorddemolatron Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    NIce to see that game gets good reviews scores :), even in country In EU where violent games have censorship stricter than In Poland, I will post something when in Polish media comes anything on DmC
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    Never heard of Play3 Magazine. Can't even find much on Google about it. But from what I've read so far, they're not great reviewers. They gave Hitman Absolution an 8.8/10, which many people seem to disagree with.
  7. CheeseKao

Trophies:
    Your point ._.?
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    That they're questionable reviewers -_-? Can you read? Christ.
  9. CheeseKao

Trophies:
    And is that a fact? Unless you have read the mag yourself, you aren't entitled to judge them. Just reading what other people say doesn't cut it.
  10. Blacko

Blacko Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    You are aware that Hitman Absolution has 80% on metacritic ? If I follow your logic majority of reviews are questionable.
    MegaMad9 and Azurel like this.
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    That's how you judge things. By reading other people's opinions as well as forming your own. Sorry I use my brain.
    IGN, Gamespot and so on aren't really good reviewers either. They give far too high grades, and most people agree with that. To know if they're grading too high, you should read independent and unbiased reviews. That's how it goes.

Not to sound like an a-hole, but of course we're all entitled to judging things. It's a free country.
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    Which grade do you follow? The critic reviews grade? If so, you are correct. Most critic reviews are questionable. Ah yes, user score 6.9/10.
  13. Blacko

Blacko Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Whatever....
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    I'll take the average user score over the critic score any day. I guess we'll have to wait how DmC does on Metacritic. Please keep in mind not to turn to websites such as Gamespot or IGN, as they may get paid for giving a very favorable review. I'm not even kidding.
  15. CheeseKao

Trophies:
    Well of course you use your brain. You wouldn't be alive if you couldn't.

1. I judge things after having ample experience with said things. Anyone who has no or little experience with something has no right to pass complete judgement on it.
    2. I form my own opinion based on my own experience with what I'm judging. Hearing other people's opinions first may sometimes lead to the implantation of certain thoughts in your mind.
    3. "IGN, Gamespot and so on aren't really good reviewers either. They give far too high grades, and most people agree with that. To know if they're grading too high, you should read independent and unbiased reviews. That's how it goes." - General consensus =/= fact
    4."Of course we're all entitled to judging things." - You said it yourself. We're entitled to judge things. We're not entitled to judge everything.
    EllDawn and Azurel like this.
  16. Sieghart

Sieghart "Plough the lilies"

Trophies:
    What? I thought IGN is known for giving games a very low score even though some of them were really good.
    Azurel likes this.
  17. CheeseKao

Trophies:
    IGN's average review score is 69(lol?) and Gamespot's average is 68. Last I heard, 69 and 68 aren't exactly amazing scores.
  18. Azurel

Azurel Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Looks like that 7/10 score was an anomaly... :shifty:

Deutschlands erster Test!

Das is gut, ja! :troll:
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    Dear Skydaddy... just the kind of reaction I would've hoped not to see. >_<

1. Of course I'll judge the game fully when it's released. However, that doesn't mean I can't judge what has been shown so far, including the demo.

2. If you can't rely on your own opinion, then don't listen to those of other people, as you will rely on those opinions fully.

3. I'm saying you need to read as many reviews as you can to know the full story. In fact, the general consensus is what IGN Gamespot and so on convey, not the independent reviewers like you, me and say, the people who post their own reviews on Gamefaqs.

4. I'm not judging everything. I'm saying you can judge what you've seen so far, which is what I'm doing. If the full game turns out to be spectacular, unlike the demo, I'll take back what I said. However, the game is only being polished now.
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Solid Ocelot

Trophies:
    Then maybe they don't have a vested interest in giving DmC high grades. Or maybe it simply depends on the reviewer in question. Gamespot and IGN do have multiple reviewers in their employ, and some of them have quite different opinions.
  21. CheeseKao

Trophies:
    I was talking about you claiming that the magazine review is questionable despite not having read it. I don't recall me questioning your judgment of the game.