• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outward (Fantasy RPG)

Dark Drakan

Admin
header.jpg

I came across this the other day after reading articles by PC Gamer (Fantasy RPG Outward is the survival game I've been looking for) & IGN and thought it looked interesting so thought I would share.

It is being developed by Nine Dots (studio of only 10 people) and published by Deep Silver and is an open-world RPG where the cold of the night or an infected wound can be as dangerous as a predator lurking in the dark. Explore the vast world of Aurai, embark on memorable adventures alone or with your friends.

Game Info

Outward delivers an immersive RPG experience coupled with survival gameplay, offering a deeply-rewarding challenge for the most avid gamers.

As an ordinary adventurer, you’ll not only have to hide or defend yourself against threatening creatures, but also brave the hazardous environmental conditions, protect yourself against infectious diseases, make sure you get enough sleep, and stay hydrated. Embark on perilous expeditions across untamed lands to reach new cities, undertake varied missions and discover hidden dungeons crawling with formidable enemies.

In order to survive in the dazzling yet deadly world of Aurai, you’ll have to be cunning, clever and prepared. Devise diverse strategies to defeat your foes and don’t neglect your basic needs, sharing your journey with a friend, locally or online.

• Survive in the wilds as you explore the land
  • Play solo or cooperatively, split screen locally or online
  • Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting
  • Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions
  • Encounter dynamic defeat scenarios
  • A unique experience with every playthrough
GAME WILL LAUNCH ON MARCH 26TH
(Available on PC, XB1 & PS4)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Looks like it'll scratch that fantasy RPG itch I've been having quite nicely. :laugh:

I'll mark my calendar.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Looks like it'll scratch that fantasy RPG itch I've been having quite nicely. :laugh:

I'll mark my calendar.

Ive added it to my wishlist to keep an eye on too, I like the sound of the survival elements and the dynamic defeat scenarios sound like they could be an interesting twist on 'death'. Also local co-op sounds like a great addition too as thats so often neglected in games these days and not many games of this genre have co-op period.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dev Diary #3 Combat

DEV DIARY #3 FOCUSES ON THE IMPORTANCE OF DEVISING A STRONG BATTLE PLAN IN OUTWARD!

Debilitating traps, vicious poison and fierce magic should all be core elements of your fighting strategy, but you won't be able to do that from the get go.

You will need to travel far and wide to unlock skills and magic that will help you in your quest. Once you have that, keep in mind you still need to be careful, analyze your enemy's weaknesses and plan your steps accordingly. Having a plan B also doesn't hurt.

OUTWARD will be available on PS4, Xbox One and Steam on March 26, 2019​

Top Bottom