• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Order of the games 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Can anyone help me with, what order the games go in. With the story lines etc. I got a bit confussed, when I read DMC 2 is after DMC4. Also the upcoming DMC 5?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
1. Devil May Cry 3
2. Devil May Cry 1
3. Devil May Cry: The Animated Series (anime)
4. Devil May Cry 4
5. Devil May Cry 2 (novel)
6. Devil May Cry 2 (game)

The first Devil May Cry novel isn't really completely canon, some parts of it are canon, some aren't. It's set before the events of the first Devil May Cry game, and ends with the beginning of the game's plot.

Hope I helped :)

Edit:
The upcoming Devil May Cry game isn't Devil May Cry 5, but a reboot named DmC: Devil May Cry. It is set in an alternate universe at the moment.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
1. Devil May Cry 3
2. Devil May Cry 1
3. Devil May Cry: The Animated Series (anime)
4. Devil May Cry 4
5. Devil May Cry 2 (novel)
6. Devil May Cry 2 (game)

The first Devil May Cry novel isn't really completely canon, some parts of it are canon, some aren't. It's set before the events of the first Devil May Cry game, and ends with the beginning of the game's plot.

Hope I helped :)

Edit:
The upcoming Devil May Cry game isn't Devil May Cry 5, but a reboot named DmC: Devil May Cry. It is set in an alternate universe at the moment.

Thank you for this information. This has helped alot,also with the new game upcoming - being a reboot etc ...

Cheers,

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom