• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nolan North in a DMC?

berto

I Saw the Devil
We really are the most teased fanbase aren't we?
No, the Beyond Good and Evil fan base is and, until recently, so were the FFvXIII and Last Gueardian fanbases. There are a lot of gamers that've been waiting 10 years to get their game. If you don't count DmC then we are among them but even so, because of that we have one of the most complicated situations in gaming.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
But a joke is not a tease or anything like that, it's just purely...well...a joke.

@Foxtrot94 hit the nail on the head when he said that it's just people using social media however they choose to. It's not supposed to have this secret meaning behind it or something like that. It's just a silly joke.

It's we as fans that THINK it means more. It's we as fans that misconstrue little things like this. This is the reason why posts from Reuben or Johnny always get blown out of proportion. We're the ones drawing upon conclusions based on the smallest of things.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nah, I don't think Capcom would announce DMC5 at PSX, more likely at E3.
Didn't they announce DMC4SE and DmC:DE at PSEx? There are major announcements on PSX and if there is to be one on 2016 for a release in the next few years then it would be then. If not don't expect the game to release it 2018 to 19.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Didn't they announce DMC4SE and DmC:DE at PSEx? There are major announcements on PSX and if there is to be one on 2016 for a release in the next few years then it would be then. If not don't expect the game to release it 2018 to 19.
At this point I'm expecting Half-Life 3 to come out before DMC5

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
He really doesn't make that many jokes, and DMC is niche enough to where it's weird to just come out of nowhere.

Doesn't make much difference. As I said, only we as fans are making these brash assumptions. If you think there's more to it, fair enough, but I don't find it hard to believe that it was just merely a joke.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I mean, it is theoretically possible that it could be more than a joke, and it does seem a little strange and out of nowhere.
That said, I really don't think that it's much more than a simple joke, so I'm not holding my breath for obvious reasons.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
If not don't expect the game to release it 2018 to 19.
Remember, Resident Evil 7 and Dead Rising 4 got announced at E3 and DR4 is coming out pretty soon and RE7 in January. They don't seem to announce games that far in advance anymore and if DMC5 got announced at E3 2017 for a January to March 2018 release which is what I'm expecting, then it would be right on the same track as RE7 and DR4. I hope you're right about PSX, but I just think that Capcom would rather announce DMC5 at E3. I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Remember, Resident Evil 7 and Dead Rising 4 got announced at E3 and DR4 is coming out pretty soon and RE7 in January
Resident Evil 6 got announced months before release, too, but no DMC game gets announced within 12 months of release. The first teaser of every DMC that I remember dropped years before the game's release, except for the re-releases.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I mean, if you go to his twitter feed you can see that a lot of people took it that way, not just us here.

I never thought it was just us fans here, but fair enough. No offense, but even IF this teases anything at all, it's still an incredibly small thing to be blowing this much out of proportion, don't you think? I don't know, just seems a little silly to me :/

TonyRedgraveDMC

Well, the only connection I can make is if I'm not mistaken, Nolan North voiced Deadpool in Marvel vs Capcom 3, a game that featured a Dante & Deadpool rivalry, and of course Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was announced at PSX. So it was probably a joke and a sly wink about MvCI.

However, it's just barely possible that Deadpool-- I mean Nolan North might be joking, teasing MvCI, or even basically saying "hey, keep your eyes on MvCI, DMC fans". It's marginally possible if Dante's appearance in the game is confirmed, said material (trailer, etc) will follow up with a new DMC trailer to explain why the playable Dante in MvCI appears with a completely original design we've yet to see. I'd leave it at that, but earlier theories could be... close? If Nolan North does also voice a rival character (in the absence of Vergil and Nero as Dante's 'rivals')

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Well, the only connection I can make is if I'm not mistaken, Nolan North voiced Deadpool in Marvel vs Capcom 3, a game that featured a Dante & Deadpool rivalry, and of course Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was announced at PSX. So it was probably a joke and a sly wink about MvCI.

However, it's just barely possible that Deadpool-- I mean Nolan North might be joking, teasing MvCI, or even basically saying "hey, keep your eyes on MvCI, DMC fans". It's marginally possible if Dante's appearance in the game is confirmed, said material (trailer, etc) will follow up with a new DMC trailer to explain why the playable Dante in MvCI appears with a completely original design we've yet to see.
I really hate to break it to you, and break my own heart in the process, but voice actors are not that knowledgeable about future game plans, especially for games they don't work on, redesigned Dante wouldn't mean anything to him.
Nolan North as Deadpool can at best only tease Deadpool, his joke about Dante is either just a joke completely out of the blue, or he is actually involved with DMC.

I'd also like to add Capcom doesn't seem to like to use new costumes/design in material that is not a trailer for the game or the game itself where said design will make its first appearance. Anime Dante looked the same as DMC1 Dante, and then poof DMC4 Dante is totally different. SMT Dante was the same as DMC2 Dante. Manga Dante and Vergil, as well as MvsC, were appearance-wise the same as ones in DMC3. They like to recycle where they can.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Uh... I really doubt it's a MvC hint since we're not sure yet if they'll allow Fox owned characters on the game (that includes Deadpool), so I'll stick with the DMC option for now, or the joke option in the best case.

Veloran

However, it's just barely possible that Deadpool-- I mean Nolan North might be joking, teasing MvCI, or even basically saying "hey, keep your eyes on MvCI, DMC fans". It's marginally possible if Dante's appearance in the game is confirmed, said material (trailer, etc) will follow up with a new DMC trailer to explain why the playable Dante in MvCI appears with a completely original design we've yet to see. I'd leave it at that, but earlier theories could be... close? If Nolan North does also voice a rival character (in the absence of Vergil and Nero as Dante's 'rivals')
Can Deadpool even be in MvCI?

Anyway, that idea of a new design in MvC foreshadowing a new DMC would be pretty fun.

Top Bottom