• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nolan North in a DMC?

Veloran

It makes no sense as a random joke. Nolan North, to my knowledge, has never been involved in DMC, and doesn't have a reputation for making jokes out of nowhere.

Plus, he's an industry veteran. He must know what people will think when he mentions a series like that.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'd probably prefer Troy Baker or Matt Mercer for Dante.
Matt Mercer would actually make an excellent Dante, given the chance to do so. He was great as Chrom in Fire Emblem Awakening, and actually made me like Leon for once in RE6, which is no small task considering how much I loathe that Backstreet Boy-looking twit.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Y'all should check the general news thread more often.

Anyway, like I said there, the only thing this is indicative of is that he's played the games. I wouldn't go around googling it everyday to see if it's true or not. That's... That's one sure way to regret the way you spent your week.

What's wrong with Leon? He pretty much looks similar to Dante anyway.
Used to be. Dante in DMC1 and Leon in RE4 are similar but Dante in DMC4 and Leon in RE6 aren't that much. Dante's become nonchalant to the point of arrogant and Leon has become more rigid; not as bad as in Degeneration where his face was molded into a permanent scowl and he had the smile of a man who just got 2nd degree burns, but he is still not his original forward driven, charming, take it with ease unless things are serious self.

Viper

Premium
@berto
If he just played the games, he should have said so, cause some people still remember his statement how he never plays games, just provides voices (or something to that extent).
Still, as mean it is to tease the fandom, it kinda works as a defibrillator on it as well. :laugh:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
the only thing this is indicative of is that he's played the games.

Pretty much this.

And as I said in another thread, we should stop seeing signs everywhere, and then blame other people for "teasing us" when all they do is using the internet like any normal person does, screwing around, making jokes etc.

The guy shouldn't be obliged to do a disclaimer "Btw, I'm not being involved in X series" every time he makes a humorous post about X. You'd think we'd gotten wise enough at this point, to recognize an insignificant joke as what it is, just a joke, and not necessarily yet another reason to believe DMC5 is happening with Nolan North in it.

This little tweet might be a defibrillator for the fan base but now let's be careful not to turn the voltage up too much for no reason.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
*cranks the voltage to the max* :p

How about we talk about Nolan North in DMC in hypothetical sense? If we examine his voice range, which character would he fit the best? Would he be able to do cuhrayzee Dante, or would it be return to the series' roots? If he hypothetically wasn't doing an existing character, what kind of a character would he be best suited for?

I personally think he would be best for return of Dante that is close to DMC1 version, a more serious attitude, making us feel the seriousness of the situation, but still greets his enemies with something witty.
If not Dante, then I can totally see him as Sparda.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
What's wrong with Leon? He pretty much looks similar to Dante anyway.
Ugh, I can't stand him. He cracks THE stupidest one-liners. In 4, it was crap like "Where's everyone going, bingo?" and "NO THANKS BRO", then in Darkside Chronicles it was him literally beating the nickname "Trenchie" to death. And what's his big contribution to the series? What's the ONE THING that brings him back to the narrative each and every time? His blue-balled, relentless pursuit of Ada Wong. Seriously, 99% of Leon's role in this series is to clamber after that woman's every footprint, pining about why she doesn't "LUUURV him."

And I don't care how much I've ranted about Dante's decline in the design department...even with his Vegas chaps and rodeo buckle, he still doesn't look half as try-hard as Leon does with that insufferable comb-over. Although, I must admit that Leon will always lose to DMC3 Dante in terms of try-hard, though...that edgy one-sleeved open coat, gun-bra, and K-Pop haircut are just a full-scale package of cringe.

But bottom line: Leon SUCKS. He absoLUTELY sucks.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think you guys took my post a bit too literal. I wasn't actually asking for an in-depth analysis of him and his similarities to Dante. I was just making a simple point that he looks somewhat similar to Dante.

But thanks for the opinion anyway.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah Leon and DMC1 Dante look so damn similar. More than just somewhat, LOD. Especially the combed over hair.

8e11dc7fa96d627b29976343c1aa4c37.jpg

Leon-resident-evil-6-30948312-800-800.jpg

I'm guessing because DMC1 was supposed to be RE4.

Anyway, if Nolan North was in DMC, I'd prefer him to take the role of a new character, and leave Dante to Reuben.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Best Case:
It's another DMC4 scenario with Nolan North voicing a new Nero character for newcomers while Dante takes a backseat.
DMC4 is of course the best seller of the franchise. Just hope they finish the damn thing this time.

Worst Case:
Capcom continues their trend of stupidity and make Devil May Cry 5 a Last of Us clone like how God of War is doing and hire Nolan North to star as Dante to pull in Nathan Drake fans.
Not a too far fetched theory as Capcom has already screwed Resident Evil with an Outlast clone.
On the bright side, this move will make DmC and DMC2 look like great games.

But in all seriousness, this is likely just an innocent joke.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Viper North's got a pretty big range as a VA so he could do lots of different roles, accents/creature voices/archetypes so the choices are limitless.

He can even do a new take on an old character like Enzo/Morrison/Arius/Grue etc or even Sparda for all we know.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
*cranks the voltage to the max* :p

How about we talk about Nolan North in DMC in hypothetical sense? If we examine his voice range, which character would he fit the best? Would he be able to do cuhrayzee Dante, or would it be return to the series' roots? If he hypothetically wasn't doing an existing character, what kind of a character would he be best suited for?

I personally think he would be best for return of Dante that is close to DMC1 version, a more serious attitude, making us feel the seriousness of the situation, but still greets his enemies with something witty.
If not Dante, then I can totally see him as Sparda.
Maybe Sparda, if they want witty remarks to run in the family.
What if he was in a villainous role? Maybe equal in terms of Dante v. Vergil, but this time an antagonist that has charisma and charm to match Dante?

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Capcom continues their trend of stupidity and make Devil May Cry 5 a Last of Us clone like how God of War is doing and hire Nolan North to star as Dante to pull in Nathan Drake fans.
I would officially be done with DMC and I would hate DMC the way I now hate GoW.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
You know, this joke did come out of nowhere which is kind of weird and he hashtagged #DevilMayCry. I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I feel like it sounds like more than a joke. I mean it was completely out of nowhere...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, the next major gaming event is PSEx on december, we've gotten so many hints before every single convention, event, and Capcom affair. This is just one among the pile. I've stop getting excited over every little possible nodge, no matter how official or from who it might be. Stronger hist than this have popped up and to this day nothing.

The day I see the game announced I'm going to celebrate by getting drunk and bustiong out DMC1, but until that day I don't care if Obama himself makes a presidential announcement that he will make it his mission to see this game made I won't hold my breath.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
I'd be up for it. Getting such a well known actor like Nolan north to play a role in the next DMC could be just what this series needs to get back into the peoples minds again. It also helps that Sony and Capcoms relationship has been growing recently. The next game will most likely be partially funded by Sony if it does happen anyway.

Top Bottom