• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nolan North in a DMC?

Frazz

General gamer

So this could be absolutely nothing but I thought it was notable considering Nolan has never had any history of being near DMC games.

Best case scenario: Nolan North as villain/random character in a DMC5

Worst case scenario: another damn reboot.

Second worst case: Nolan replacing Reuben as Dante so they can sell the game based on 'Nathan Drake is now Dante'.

Another scenario: it means nothing and is just a joke.

Just please Capcom do not replace Reuben Langdon with Nolan North as I really like Nolan but Reuben is our definitive Dante and replacing him in the numbered DMC games is, to me, a crime punishable by death.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
O'boy, lets just wait and see...
NnoGhN1.gif

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
It appears to be nothing more than a joke, but, that said, I do find it slightly interesting.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
You'd have more luck with such thread on 4chan, people here are so burned out you can still see the smoke rising.
That said, anything is possible, some people even speculated he might even do voice of Sparda, but for now let's just consider it a harmless joke.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Ugh, have to agree with @Innsmouth on this one. This guy, Troy Baker and Steve Blume are in EVERYTHING nowadays. Hell, Ryu Hayabusa was just recast with Baker in NG3. I'm sorry, but seeing these guys literally everywhere is leaving me a bit fatigued.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He could be voicing an existing character like Morrison or probably a new character.

I'd probably prefer Troy Baker or Matt Mercer for Dante.

@WolfOD64 i actually prefered Josh Keaton when he voiced Ryu in NG2. He doesnt do alot of silent roles (to my knowledge) so it stood out more.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
people here are so burned out you can still see the smoke rising.

It has less to do with being burned out and more to do with being reasonable. I don't see why a simple joke like this should be necessarily seen as the guy being cast in DMC.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
It's just a joke, and Reuben retweeting it is probably cuz they're friends and he thinks it's funny. Don't make anything of this, it's nothing.

Viper

Premium
It has less to do with being burned out and more to do with being reasonable. I don't see why a simple joke like this should be necessarily seen as the guy being cast in DMC.
Because 4chan had a thread full of speculation as soon as the tweet was out, pretty much like it was over here until people got disappointed too many times. It's called still being passionate about it. :grumpy:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Because 4chan had a thread full of speculation as soon as the tweet was out, pretty much like it was over here until people got disappointed too many times. It's called still being passionate about it. :grumpy:

True passion is a thing, but looking at the track record that the rumors have set.... I love the series as much as the next one but I'll get hyped when they show something substatial.

Top Bottom