• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working with Disney for Disney Infinity 2.0

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
http://www.destructoid.com/dmc-dev-ninja-theory-is-working-on-disney-infinity-2-0-280441.phtml

tumblr_nb5rvwli4B1r4f8tmo1_500.png

DmC dev Ninja Theory is working on Disney Infinity 2.0
Makers of Enslaved and the upcoming Hellblade

authorpoint.gif
6 hours ago - 11:30 PM on 08.30.2014

Reddit0Share3Tweet171Share21

Disney's money maker Disney Infinity is getting some top action game talent. It was just announced at Giant Bomb's PAX Prime panel that developer Ninja Theory (Enslaved, DmC, Hellblade) is working with Disney Interactive on characters for Disney Infinity 2.0.

Ninja Theory has worked on Loki, Green Goblin, Ronan the Accuser (coming in January) and Princess Jasmine, who has the power to summon sand tornadoes.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Bit odd. If I were Disney, NT wouldn't be my first choice, but, each to their own I suppose.
I expect a nice amount of money was involved though. :greedy:

Meg

I.....why? Like, of all the companies in the world, why Ninja Theory? I don't get it. :cautious:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I.....why? Like, of all the companies in the world, why Ninja Theory? I don't get it. :cautious:
Because Disney still likes pinching their pennies. As much as I love Disney movies and what they've contributed when it comes to the Marvel universe, I notice their approach to a lot of things.

Disney wants people they can count on to deliver what they ask for without breaking any bank. So expensive people are not the first choice.

Now, I admit it actually does some good letting lesser known folk really shine and prove their worth. Like Chris Pratt as Star-Lord in Guardians of The Galaxy. The dude use to live in a van practically homeless and starred in a couple of small flicks, but Disney saw potential and now the dude's career is getting the boost it deserves. He was in LEGO movie, Guardians, and will be in the new Jurassic Park. Good for him. He's a good guy on top of all of this and that's awesome.

Ninja Theory is a competent developer. Sure, they have stuff they need to do to improve, but in an industry so scared of taking risk pushing out nothing but sequels, I commend Ninja Theory for at least trying new things and making the games they wanna make. I see that they LIKE making games. Unlike most companies which just try to make the next CoD by copying it.

I think that's the best explanation. Ninja Theory is capable to delivering what they want from them for Disney Infinity and they won't have to pay top dollar. Other companies would probably play some hard ball.

The Final Offer

I don't know why alot of you are speaking on payouts. When, in fact, you don't know how much NT negotiated with Disney. You guys just assume that NT, the people that worked with Sony and Capcom is just bottom of the barrel. When in truth, they were so good that Sony entrusted them make the first exclusive to the PS3 and Capcom trusted them to make the first reboot to Devil May Cry (also letting them use the avatar studio).

These people aren't trusted based off of their resume. They're trusted because they provided the necessary works for the project. I'm sure Disney asked Ninja Theory for a demo or interviewed them. Liked what they pitched and hired them. Everyone else that attempted surely did not do as well. Seeing as Ninja Theory has the potential, it's only a matter of how much their services costs. So, they ask them.

Remember folks, Sony paid them and Capcom paid them. Whether the game fails or succeeds doesn't matter. They've already been paid. Which is why Tameem had no problem saying that "He doesn't care if it fails."Because he knows what limits they were given to create the game. You read it right. LIMITS. Any video game creator or a creator in general hates having LIMITS. Myself included. So they were already paid and whatever royalties they get for the game is just that...royalties.

They are onto other things and if they get the call from Capcom about a DmC 2 they're going to discuss if they want to answer it or not. It's their decision when it comes to DmC 2. Since I've read that tweet about them hinting that they wanna make another DmC. That kind of attitude is hinting more to the payload and fun they got for making it.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They need payoffs because they publishing their own game, which requires huge amount of money. Even if their team isn't that big, they need money for workers, for expansions, for publishing for marketing. It's all comes pricey.

The Final Offer

They need payoffs because they publishing their own game, which requires huge amount of money. Even if their team isn't that big, they need money for workers, for expansions, for publishing for marketing. It's all comes pricey.

Thanks for explaining the genius of Ninja Theory. You see, they've already moved their title forward with a "huge amount of money" and are also extending their business into "huge amount of money" territory to secure and further their income.

In short, Ninja Theory isn't going to do what Platinum Games did with Bayonetta. If you didn't know, Platinum Games gambled with that game and now they're stuck working with limiters.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Thanks for explaining the genius of Ninja Theory. You see, they've already moved their title forward with a "huge amount of money" and are also extending their business into "huge amount of money" territory to secure and further their income.

In short, Ninja Theory isn't going to do what Platinum Games did with Bayonetta. If you didn't know, Platinum Games gambled with that game and now they're stuck working with limiters.
Nintendo is the only reason Bayonetta is still alive because no one wanted the thing besides them. They played necromancer. And that was also I bet Nintendo just trying to secure that 3rd party support they so desperately need.

It evidently is working out just fine though because P* has enjoyed working with the big N and want to do more collaborations in the future.

The Final Offer

Nintendo is the only reason Bayonetta is still alive because no one wanted the thing besides them. They played necromancer. And that was also I bet Nintendo just trying to secure that 3rd party support they so desperately need.

It evidently is working out just fine though because P* has enjoyed working with the big N and want to do more collaborations in the future.

Nintendo:
-Wonderful 101
-Bayonetta

Then the other desperate company.

-Scalebound.

Lol.

Anyone can read between the lines of the company that isn't doing exclusives and are just placing timed exclusivity as their limit. It's because they already have so many exclusives that trump so many.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Eh, once again what does topic has to do with P* games? You keep bringing them while topic has nothing to do with them.
I said that to self publish game you need money, which they need to get from someone. And thats huge amount of money. There is no way they could refuse Disney offer. Or do you think all those unpublished projects went under because they didn't want to work on them?

The Final Offer

Eh, once again what does topic has to do with P* games? You keep bringing them while topic has nothing to do with them.
I said that to self publish game you need money, which they need to get from someone. And thats huge amount of money. There is no way they could refuse Disney offer. Or do you think all those unpublished projects went under because they didn't want to work on them?

Why are you asking about the platform for my example to stand? Is there no conclusion to your needless curiosity? Just read until you understand.

There is no way Disney could refuse Ninja Theory's rate.

Those unpublished projects could've been put on hold or just completely scrapped. Ninja Theory probably didn't peak anyone's interest or had peaked someone's interest but, then said company didn't have enough money or had demands Ninja Theory wasn't ok with. Which would cause a fallout.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There is no way Disney could refuse Ninja Theory's rate..
Yeah because Disney is just small-time publisher who has nobody to ask for help ...LOL

Those unpublished projects could've been put on hold or just completely scrapped. Ninja Theory probably didn't peak anyone's interest or had peaked someone's interest but, then said company didn't have enough money or had demands Ninja Theory wasn't ok with. Which would cause a fallout.
They could have published them without publisher if they had enough money.

The Final Offer

z
Yeah because Disney is just small-time publisher who has nobody to ask for help ...LOL

They could have published them without publisher if they had enough money.

How do you even function?

Ok, accessing simplistic mode:

Ok, let's say Disney saw what Ninja Theory was capable of and called them up. Ninja Theory gave them a sample of what they could. Disney asks Ninja Theory how much it'd cost to make it happen. Ninja Theory gave their numbers and Disney agreed.

Do you understand where I'm coming from now? I can't simplify this any further, it'd damage the universe.

They are publishing Hellblade because they favor that game over the others. You do know Hellblade is theirs ALL AROUND right?

Top Bottom