• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory has received death threats over Devil May Cry reboot

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
good ol fan death threats
I remember back when I was trolling Justin Bieber fans on youtube and they were making death threats to Selena Gomez because she dated bieber
I remember that too, the s*** ppl say nowadays...lemme rephrase that, the s*** KIDS say nowadays :rolleyes:

Gaflima

Son of no one.
To be honest, I expected that something like this would happen. With the atrocities that people talk in forums and websites when it comes to DmC, i imagined that some lunatic could do something stupid like death threads.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
PFFTTT now this is just getting ridonculous *shakes head in disbelief* I shun those children for theyre over-reactive ways

Tiran

The great pretender.
I expected as much. Like the mad outrage over the new James Bond back when Craig was announced. They hated him and the new direction of the series because he wasn't as clean and pretty and cheesy and soft looking and suave with the over the top antics, gadgets and one liners and blah... It was a rebooting origin story rebirth of the character who looked different... Hmm... Nah, It's not the same? Maybe like the new, gritty, more realistic batman series when Ledger was announced as the joker... We all know he sucked, right? Or how about...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Talking of pathetic, just read this on a site a few days after this news story was 'published'. The site just copied the interview out of the 360 magazine and put their own words into it... talk about lazy journalism. Having said that, just read a comment that said DMC4 was an 'abortion'...

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
woah woah woah for once the no-no cat is right......i would say something but dont want to end up like jeremy clarkson.......all people who send deaththreats about the reboot should be tortured and shot in front of their families

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I expected as much. Like the mad outrage over the new James Bond back when Craig was announced. They hated him and the new direction of the series because he wasn't as clean and pretty and cheesy and soft looking and suave with the over the top antics, gadgets and one liners and blah... It was a rebooting origin story rebirth of the character who looked different... Hmm... Nah, It's not the same? Maybe like the new, gritty, more realistic batman series when Ledger was announced as the joker... We all know he sucked, right? Or how about...
OH!? Wait!!
DmC is looking gritty too!!!

And ledger played the best joker!
And I didnt start watching "james bond" until sh*t started blowin up!!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
all people who send deaththreats about the reboot should be tortured and shot in front of their families

That's just sick and wrong and about as bad if not worse than the death threats themselves. You should feel ashamed for saying something like that.

Also you guys do realize that the "death threats" they are referring to are actually puplic internet comics that have been running for a long time that have a lot of tongue 'n cheek moments. This is just another example of NT trying to manipulate people and make them feel sorry for them. I also find it funny how the so called "hate" has died down quiet considerably yet all the fans continue to play the victim, acting like us "haters" are going round trying to be-little the opinion of the pro crowd constantly (which I won't lie used to happen about a whole year ago) to the point where they can not express their opinion. If anything the reverse is now true.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
That's just sick and wrong and about as bad if not worse than the death threats themselves. You should feel ashamed for saying something like that.

Also you guys do realize that the "death threats" they are referring to are actually puplic internet comics that have been running for a long time that have a lot of tongue 'n cheek moments. This is just another example of NT trying to manipulate people and make them feel sorry for them. I also find it funny how the so called "hate" has died down quiet considerably yet all the fans continue to play the victim, acting like us "haters" are going round trying to be-little the opinion of the pro crowd constantly (which I won't lie used to happen about a whole year ago) to the point where they can not express their opinion. If anything the reverse is now true.
yo dude.........JOOOOKE!!!!!

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
It would be my loss if that game is going to look like they previewed....
Like this if Dante should look like the old ways...

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I would very much like to see the death threats just as much as i want to see early stage designs of "old Dante" that PR manager Leo Tan said Ninja theory had made.

Apparently, the developer is very disturbed with the life-threatening situation around him. He said: "I'm very curious about these death threats in comic book form and anti-DMC death metal songs. Ninja Theory should bundle them with a Collector's Edition or something."
^
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/278327/20120108/ninja-theory-invites-death-threats-over-dmc.htm

Bundle them with a Collector's Edition? Meaning display the death threats as a incentive to buy Collector's Edition?
I hope they will do that.

I want to see these "death threats" because let's face it until we see the proof ourself they will be "death threats" with ( " ).

Ninja Theory Devs Risked Their Lives To Make DmC

^ http://egamer.co.za/2012/01/ninja-theory-devs-risked-their-lives-to-make-dmc/

If i am going to hear news about people receiving death threats i would like to see the proof. So that i can judge if it really is what they say it is.
It's a good way to get PR. "Developers receives death threats over game!".

Everyone reads "DmC". People watch videos of DmC.
More sales.

Good strategy.

It will be like Israel claiming Iran is making nuclear bombs. But the "source" is held back.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

Death threads, death threads they're just desperately tying to catch some attention while making them selves look so innocent, yeah right.... i wonder what they'll think next.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
It will be like Israel claiming Iran is making nuclear bombs. But the "source" is held back.

3cd8a33a.png

Top Bottom