Ninja Theory has received death threats over Devil May Cry reboot

Discussion in 'DmC: Devil May Cry' started by Chaos Raiden, Jan 4, 2012.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. Chaos Raiden

Chaos Raiden Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Trophies:
    Tameem Antoniades said that Ninja Theory received death threats for handling DmC: Devil May Cry.

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/37409/ninja-theory-has-received-death-threats-over-devil-may-cry-reboot/

Pretty serious case.
  2. Richtofen

Richtofen Nein, not ze puppies! Gold Supporter

Trophies:
    Oh boy, video games are meant for entertainment...I can't believe people are actually dishing out death threats.
    Dante's Stalker likes this.
  3. Lulu_Way

Lulu_Way DMC Fan X

Trophies:
    Honestly people are so sad! Do you really think that if you make one complaint on the internet Ninja Theory will completely redesign an entire game simply for your benefit?! Its retarded. Considering the amount of people that hate Dante's New design and say that it's Ninja Theory running wild with a much loved franchise, maybe they should pay a bit more attention to how DmC has changed. After the negative response to the first trailer at E3, notice how in each trailer the design changes. People didn't want an 'Emo' Dante, what happened? NT altered the design so his hair was shorter and ditched the guyliner. Look at the change in design
    View attachment 70
    Also, NT says in an interview "The redesign of Dante was without a doubt the most intensive collaboration" BOTH Capcom AND Ninja Theory spent a long time designing Dante.
  4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Subject 64432B

Subject 64432B Bitch

Trophies:
    After all these changes in design I don't even know if we can call that first tgs 2010 trailer official :confused:
    Dante's Stalker and ReRave like this.
  6. ToCool74

ToCool74 "Fair" DmC Skeptic Gold Supporter

Trophies:
    LOL its funny how far fans will go once something they loved has been changed lol.

I'm not on board with this new direction myself but I'm not going to take it personally or threaten someone lol.

And atleast NT did change this Dante to look more "presentable" then he did in the initial trailer.

Not to mention he has not been seen smoking a cigarette once (which also ****ed off old school Dante fans) since the initial trailer.
  7. lorddemolatron

lorddemolatron Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Lol. I just expected to see something like this. So some fanatic fan of old DMC snapped his nerves enough.
  8. Meg

Meg So bin ich eben

Trophies:
    Innovation...? *looksaround* Where? I don't see any. And it's obvious that the writer of the article is biased toward DmC. I know keeping something bias-free is hard, but he/she could of at least tried.

Anyway! ^^ Death threats over stupid things like a video game are nothing new. The creators of South Park have received death threats before for example. In fact I'd say a lot of people in the spot light have received death threats from crazy fans before. It's nothing new. Stupid, but nothing new.
  9. Dante's Stalker

Dante's Stalker The Ultimate Dante Fan Gold Supporter

Trophies:
    *cough*getalife*cough*
    I get that people are upset about the new design but death threats? C'mon.
    All I have to say to those fans is this: you're an idiot.
    Good that NT is taking it in their stride though. Death threats are pretty scary.

What I will make note on is they say they've 'westernised' Dante. Now, if you ask me, the original Dante already was westernised. Blonde hair, blue eyes - it's the look that westerners class as most attractive. The high school sweetheart, blonde with blue eyes, the cheerleading captain, blonde with blue eyes, the prince of whathaveyou, blonde with blue eyes. Examples: Arthur from The Adventures of Merlin, the 'prince' from A Cinderella story, Fabio from Survivor (come on, I know everyone was voting for him!), the lead male from Beastly, Elena from the Vampire Diaries, Julian from the Forbidden Game, Casper, etc (I think I've made my point). I dunno, maybe it's just me, but new Dante doesn't look 'western' to me in the slightest. The clothing aside. No, actually, I don't think his pants are hanging enough. Where are his boxers? Isn't that a trend, to wear too big pants, smart boxers, and a hoodie? X3
    Oh, and don't forget the hot pink rugby shoes. Or even those neon yellow ones.
    Okay, okay, I'm done. I'm just kidding. Sort of. New Dante doesn't look western to me but I might be biased because I wub meh blondes.

XDDDDDD
    I'm sure they're still getting their fair share of death threats. They were interviewed the other day I think, but I missed the interview. Although their humour is pretty offensive, especially to people who have suffered through some of the serious topics they make fun of, for example cancer, or mentally disabled kids, etc.
  10. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Dark Lord Of The Forums Staff Member Administrator

Trophies:
    Normally death threats and petitions if any games developer want to overhaul anything in a game, followed by some kind of law suit dreamt up by the consumers.
  11. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Dark Lord Of The Forums Staff Member Administrator

Trophies:
    Normally death threats and petitions if any games developer want to overhaul anything in a game, followed by some kind of law suit dreamt up by the consumers.
  12. SpawnShooter

SpawnShooter This partys getting crazy

Trophies:
    Well it's good to know Ninja Tam got my emails ;)
  13. D-Sparda

D-Sparda Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Trophies:
    Was I colorblind? I tought his hair was white.
  14. Ieyasu

Ieyasu ろくでなし/王子 Gold Supporter

Trophies:
    I wonder where those death threats came from.

Because you know apparently, death threats to the creators or directors of popular franchises in Japan are not unusual. People can get pretty attached to their favourite characters.

Take Hideaki Anno - who directed the NG Evangelion TV series. Anyone ever wonder why he released some movies afterwards that retold the ending to the show? And why those movies hardly made any sense at all (unless you find an interpretation from a NGE geek online), and why he did what he did with the main characters in it? Apparently some fans were not happy with the TV show ending and threatened Anno's life and the studio building. Hearsay has it that he released the movies partly to give disgruntled fans what they wanted - more straightforward storytelling and more robot action, and a chance to see all their favourite characters again... and partly in revenge for those death threats. If you've seen the movies and know what happens to the most 'popular' characters in it, you'll see what I mean. I've heard rumour that actual photocopies of the death letters sent to Anno feature for a few frames in one of the films, near the end.

In Japan, fans and otaku are used to getting what they want from creators. If they don't, they can get very bugged.
  15. Vergil'sBitch

Vergil'sBitch I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl Gold Supporter

Trophies:
    Funnily enough, I read this in a magazine today.
    Those people outta be ashamed of themselves (or jump off a cliff and stop wasting precious oxygen).

(I reading an interview with the man himself... by the look of it there will be more game trailers before the game is released)
    Darin Rosu and Dante's Stalker like this.
  16. chocolateghost79

chocolateghost79 First of the Dead Gold Supporter

Trophies:
    death threats....i just don't even have words to express the vileness. its a video game...a form of entertainment...i can't believe someone would be this obsessed with a videogame that they threaten to harm another person's life.
    oooo....more game trailers you say? :) when might this trailers be released, or does it say?
  17. Vergil'sBitch

Trophies:
    Sadly...no... they're just releasing them when they feel they need to be released. (if that makes any sense)
  18. Railazel

Railazel Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Keep the Death Threats coming guys! We almost got 'em! And the anti- DmC death metal songs too!
  19. chocolateghost79

Trophies:
    wait what? are you being sarcastic?
  20. chocolateghost79

Trophies:
    ah okay, what magazine did you read this from? :)
  21. Vergil'sBitch

Trophies:
    I bought two magazines today, it was either Play magazine or the official 360 magazine. (I think it was Play... they both had articles on the new game... i'll go and check)
  22. Railazel

Railazel Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    No, of course I'm not.