• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next DMC game

What do you want next DMC game to be about?

• Sparda = Sparda game

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Vergil = Vergil downfall

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Nero =after DMC 4

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Dante=after at beginning of DMC2's ending

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

Actually in DMC 1 Dante showed compassion even for Griffon, Mundus's servant, and he told him "You can't fight with that wound", and then Mundus appeared and killed Griffon.
Dante tightened his fist and expressed his disgust with Mundus and swore on his father he would destroy Mundus.
Trish took notice of this even though she was still loyal to Mundus. She thought it was odd that Dante would show compassion to a demon.

And at end of DMC 1 Mundus said "I will be back and when i do the world will be mine!".
Dante replied "Goodbye and when you will be back give my regards to my son will ya?"
Which implies Dante expects his son to face Mundus. Considering Mundus is a evil demon and wants to rule the human world that implies Dante wants his son to protect the human world.

And Dante holds humans in high regard.
On top of that he also views himself a human.
His mother is also a human.

He may not said it...but he definetly shows that he would protect man kind.

Reactions: Gel

IncarnatedDemon

I wasn't expecting, I simply didn't like the ones there, not because they are there but because that's not that many. There are numberless possibilities and there are only four options.
The poll options i picked is meant to represent the most common requests for a DMC game. If you feel there is a option ive missed then let me know but other than that the poll is meant to be a closed not open.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Exactly, you're correct! I don't remember DMC Dante saying he will protect humanity. He never looses the opportunity of remember everybody " humans are worse than demons".
I always see everywhere Dante refuses to kill a full human, but then again he killed in his past.
The same way people say how he loves his friends , but what you see is him being quite rude to everybody, even to Morrison, who were a very polite guy.If you read the first novel, you would see how rude and how jerk he was to Neil Goldstein, his "adoptive" mother, always making fun of her age and her appearence.
All of what is said above are almost myths, not facts.
As Kamiya said before, Dante's main motive of living is revenge, not kindness, not being a humanitarian.
The first time we hear clearly about the will of protecting Humanity it was in the end of DmC, just before Vergil's fight and it was DmC Dante , who has no relation to DMC Dante. We are guilty of seeing the guy through colored glasses.

W00t. The one who said that "there are humans evil than any devil" was Lady, and she complements this by saying that there are "kind and compassionate demons in this universe", in one way or the other she get to same "conclusion" as Dante; they fight evil, not necessarily devils. And as IncarnatedDemon said: he even consider himself to be human, he does not care about being a half-breed or drawing a precise definition of what a human or a demon is, he understands that what make someone "human" is his humanity which is most expressed by the abilitie to show love, compassion or mercy for other peaceful beings.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
he does not care about being a half-breed or drawing a precise definition of what a human or a demon is, he understands that what make someone "human" is his humanity which is most expressed by the abilitie to show love, compassion or mercy for other peaceful beings.
I think this is a perfect summary of Dante's views. He draws a distinction that is not based on genetics, but is "of the soul".
That's why some members of the humans race lack humanity, while some demons possess it. It's not a matter of blood, but of the "soul". That's the "message" the game tries to convey.:)

IncarnatedDemon

I think this is a perfect summary of Dante's views. He draws a distinction that is not based on genetics, but is "of the soul".
That's why some members of the humans race lack humanity, while some demons possess it. It's not a matter of blood, but of the "soul". That's the "message" the game tries to convey.:)
Indeed which is again why i simply love Griffon.

He is so loyal towards Mundus. And Loyalty - is a virtue no?
And if demons usually posess vices instead of virtues, then how come Griffon a demon posess loyalty :D

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Indeed which is again why i simply love Griffon.

He is so loyal towards Mundus. And Loyalty - is a virtue no?
And if demons usually posess vices instead of virtues, then how come Griffon a demon posess loyalty :D
Because this crap about how demons can't feel emotions is total BS.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Isn't Eshiro ( or it was Itsuno:/) that came with that thing of demons being bad and cold?

Dante repeats " humans are worse than demons" in anime ep 2, if i remember well. Yes, Dante in DMC1 was the noblest of all "Dantes", but later Dante starts to change for worse. In DMC4 he acts in some parts as more of a psychopath than a normal guy. Instead of acting immediately, he goes to see the town before doing anything.This happens when companies decide to change constantly their production teams.Oh well...

There were plans to make a game where Dante's demonic nature takes the best of him and he was forced to deal with the consequences.
Do you think there are any chance of see this in future game?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Isn't Eshiro ( or it was Itsuno:/) that came with that thing of demons being bad and cold?

Dante repeats " humans are worse than demons" in anime ep 2, if i remember well. Yes, Dante in DMC1 was the noblest of all "Dantes", but later Dante starts to change for worse. In DMC4 he acts in some parts as more of a psychopath than a normal guy. Instead of acting immediately, he goes to see the town before doing anything.This happens when companies decide to change constantly their production teams.Oh well...

There were plans to make a game where Dante's demonic nature takes the best of him and he was forced to deal with the consequences.
Do you think there are any chance of see this in future game?

I think when we stop to have an overview about what the games shows us, most of the demons were cold and Vergil "embracing his demonic side and searching for power" can be a hint to tell the player that the unwritten demonic rule is power in the first place. So it seems that is a trend for demons to be cold-hearted and lacking in "humanity".

Yeah, it's kinda weird and irresponsible the way he approachs the problems in DMC4, but still, he saves the day and had most of the situation in control. Probably he thought that was the right time to force Nero to become a "hero" too (he seems to know more than us about Nero itself, or just see some valor or virtue in the boy), a guy that is capable of protecting other people in the same fashion he does. I understand this as mostly "pushing the legacy forward", this makes even more sense if they made the game with the idea that Nero was Vergil's son and part of Sparda's family, he's the younger "Sparda" in the scene and DMC4 sounded more like a "warm up" for him to become a legendary hero like Dante or Sparda.

Top Bottom