• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

new enemy looks

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
what's your opinion of the new enemy looks?

marionettes: very nice graphics, better then the first game, because now they look like odd bits and bobs sewn together, and their weapons are their limbs. but the dodgy thing is they gave them a ripper roo like laugh:p very corny (excuse the pun korn). like i said in the 'is it scary enough' thread, it's the little things about the enemies that make them non-scary. now they have a cheesy laugh. don't get me wrong, i like it, but it just makes their scariness go down. then again, they never did look scary with those masks on.

frosts: no complaints here! better in size, power, intimidation, and graphics, and they sound like a pain in the *** to beat as they can freeze to regenerate health up to back when the battle started.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
They look awesome so far. They keep the design of a union between DMC1 and DMC3 which gives a more interesting and maybe gothic while also preserving the DMC-like style of not fearsome enemies. Still that means that they have more abilities (as in DMC1 Sargasso was the enemy with the less abilities) while being cool and fun to fight them. Can't wait for the installment of the game^_^

Chrysander

I like the look of the marionettes, however, they look all the same to me, I could be wrong. Given that they're presumably meant to be bits and bobs, it is a bit silly that they are identical, they should be different to one another to maintain the feel that they're random. They could have just say 3 or 4 different versions of the same enemy to mix it up.

THe frosts look pretty awesome, but the ice effect looks a bit rubbish in some of the videos, looks kind of last-gen. But all in all, I am happy with what I've seen. I especially like the blood / ooze which comes out of the marionettes.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Chrysander;38821 said:
I like the look of the marionettes, however, they look all the same to me, I could be wrong. Given that they're presumably meant to be bits and bobs, it is a bit silly that they are identical, they should be different to one another to maintain the feel that they're random. They could have just say 3 or 4 different versions of the same enemy to mix it up.

it's not hard just to change the look of the marionette in a small way. like, each patch is different, or it's sewn in a different place, it shouldn't be too difficult. hopefully they AREN'T all identical, that would be dissapointing, coz even in the first game there was 5 variations.

Top Bottom