• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is Vergil's son!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I agree its not worth weaving around technicalities like "we don't actually SEE him explode" it wouldn't have made much sense if Vergil was able to get out of Mundus' control with much intact. Mundus would be smart and remove him as both an unworthy servant and a future threat to himself if given freedom.

The problem with a prequel is that it would have to deal with pretty much the same things as 3 whereas if they bring him back in a sequel they can give him a new motive and new knowledge like the discovery of the Majin form.
I keep bringing that up I know but it would fit so well with what he is after and would be a fresh motive at the same time instead of him just going after the Sparda sword again, it would give him back his edge.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
JUST FACE IT!vergil's dead he was nelo angelo then he blew up
in favour of saying vergil is dead say I

Meg

I...but I do think he's still going to play an important role in the series. I mean Nero has Yamato for starters.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Do you really think Mundus would kill a son of Sparda? He could still have Vergil, who's still brainwashed, to do his bidding. Maybe make him act like he's on Dante's, then, y'know, Vergil does ebil things.

Darth Angelo

demon genral;211043 said:
JUST FACE IT!vergil's dead he was nelo angelo then he blew up
in favour of saying vergil is dead say I

I!!!

But too many people are either desperate or certain that he isn't Capcom would be very stupid to totally ignore it. I am with you though he blew up and thats that, done deal. Its a choice on Capcom's part to either go with what makes sense (and p*ss a lot of people off bigtime) or go with what is popular.

meg127;211070 said:
I...but I do think he's still going to play an important role in the series. I mean Nero has Yamato for starters.

Vergil was Sparda's son and inherited the sword from Sparda. Nero supposedly has the blood of Sparda and I guess he has inherited it from Vergil or to be specific, Dante. The sword moves onto its next owner Vergil wouldn't bother coming back for Yamato anyway he was one with it but he would have snapped it in a heartbeat for Force Edge there was little sentimental attachment to it. The tools to become all powerful is all he cares about.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Vergil was Sparda's son and inherited the sword from Sparda. Nero supposedly has the blood of Sparda and I guess he has inherited it from Vergil or to be specific, Dante. The sword moves onto its next owner Vergil wouldn't bother coming back for Yamato anyway he was one with it but he would have snapped it in a heartbeat for Force Edge there was little sentimental attachment to it. The tools to become all powerful is all he cares about.
Really now? Then tell me this: Why did he take his half of Perfect instead of Force Edge?

Darth Angelo

Incomplete Dani;211093 said:
Really now? Then tell me this: Why did he take his half of Perfect instead of Force Edge?

I never said he wasn't attached to the amulet.

I am just saying if he was going to come back for something it would be Sparda and not Yamato.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
ok!....i know why this is carrying on you lot know he's dead.
but you love him so much you can't bare the thought that he is dead!
im afraid that the worst has come to us vergil lovers!
he.....is.......DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
demon general: I am a huuge Vergil fan, but I wouldn't want to see him back in the series. I can accept that he is dead. I kinda wish this thread would stay dead too.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^That can be arranged...[Brings huge sword]

As for Vergil being dead...until the series ends,for good,always be prepared cause as far as we know,the Capcom of today[known better as Cr@pcom] can easily pull any kind of zh1t from their buts to revive/ressurect Vergil and many other things that nobody would imagine...Hell,in SB3 they gave Aniki a new rival : a high-scool priestess with a bow!WTH?Where did the epic rivalry of ones beliefs go between the two Motos go?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Sengoku Basara 3?The first game as Devil Kings.Now Sengoku Basara 3 will come with the title Sengoku BASARA : Samurai Heroes.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Vergil'sB*tch;211227 said:
demon general: I am a huuge Vergil fan, but I wouldn't want to see him back in the series. I can accept that he is dead. I kinda wish this thread would stay dead too.

Would it be better if I said I only want him back because I want a few more homoerotic fights between him and Dante? Because I'm a total blood and violence fetishist like that?

I don't really care that he's dead, to be honest. I'm used to Capcom killing off the people I fangirl over. So meh *shrugs* Although, I'd love for him to show Nero a piece of his mind.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
demon genral;211265 said:
im not saying i want him back i just want him to be remembered by dante

This, too. I seriously WTF'd in the anime when Vergil didn't even get mentioned. I mean, the anime take place right after the first Devil May Cry, right? Don't you think he'd, oh, I don't know, feel slightly guilty about killing his only family? And considering he actually tried to SAVE Vergil at the end of DMC3, you think he [Dante] would dwell a little more on Vergil. It was almost like a slap in the face when he didn't. [/rant]

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^ I feel the same way about the anime. It was as if Vergil didn't even exist.
I really thought He might have been mentioned when Dante is telling that other demon about Sparda's love for Eva.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Why would he get mentioned then? :?

I would have been happy just to see him, Dante, and Eva in a photo on his desk. And, also, what the **** about episode eight? I mean, "Tony" was in the picture with Eva, correct? Where was "Gilver" at? Unless Eva made it as though both Dante and Vergil were "Tony". Seriously, I thought he was going to get mentioned then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom