• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is Vergil's son!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was just having a chat with Lexy... and i thought of this:

To quote myself:
Just a thought... seeing that Ppl liked Vergil, whereas Capcom wanted ppl to hate him... is this something they've thought of to make ppl hate Vergil?

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I wouldn't hate VERGIL. I'd hate CAPCOM for ****ing up his character. And people weren't supposed to like Wesker, right? But they did anyways, and Capcom didn't do anything to make us hate him.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's about time this name spread here too. :p
Joking aside they make it seem like they actually WANT TO HAVE THEIR BUTTS HANDED OVER TO THEM!Or perhaps tha's just me.Anyways,let's hope they are not beyond redemption...before they finish the DMC series.After that they can do whatever they want.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
[Gets ready]

If any of you girls want to join me in the handing-the-butts-over-to-Capcom quest,you are more than welcome.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
You are not the only one.Excuse me while I go sharpening my sword skills.

[Things are cut down as I walk.]

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;204252 said:
I was just having a chat with Lexy... and i thought of this:

To quote myself:
Just a thought... seeing that Ppl liked Vergil, whereas Capcom wanted ppl to hate him... is this something they've thought of to make ppl hate Vergil?

I've heard (but I don't know for sure) that in Japan the fans can have a lot more influence over a project like a game or a movie, and how it gets made. Like... I used to be quite a fan of the anime/manga "Neon Genesis Evangelion", and I always wondered why Hideaki Anno, the series' director, made such a mess of the 'movie' versions of Evangelion. Apparently it was because the fans hated his ending to the TV series (he even got death threats for it); and the pressure was on the studio to produce a better ending, with more action, mecha violence and more of the popular female characters from the series, and probably a less confusing ending - so they made these films. But in what almost looks like revenge, Anno kills off characters left and right, directs all the violence towards the popular ones, and makes the movie so open to interpretation near the end it makes almost no sense besides what you make up yourself for it. Almost like Anno's giving the angry fans the finger, really. And the other 'film' is a rehash of scenes from the TV series. ...None of this would probably have got made if it wasn't for the fan backlash. So I do wonder... what influence Japanese fans of DMC had on DMC4. I wonder why DMC4 turned out the way it did - why when we were on to a good thing with the hugely popular DMC3 CAPCOM starts the next game with a complete stranger, with Dante much older-looking (which is quite a committment to adhere to from here on in in future games), shoves and Lady Trish back in there and a highly suggestive blue devil spirit and arm... it's like a fan-serving nightmare. Were they trying to appease everyone by putting in the popular females, the infuriating Vergil 'hints', making Dante a 'dad' or an 'uncle' figure and having him mature a bit while bringing some fresh young blood on the scene? The result being...

I don't know... it doesn't make much sense to me why they changed to this tack with DMC4 after the success of the game before it. But like I said, I don't know what the Japanese DMC fans were saying and wanting. It could be that they had an influence on all of this. Or like you say, they could be trying to manipulate how fans respond to characters like Dante and Vergil perhaps so they can get rid of them or take the series down a different route - who knows. But if the Japanese fans have really become attached to Vergil, I would bet we will see more of him somewhere down the line - because the Japanese studios do like to appease their fans.

Or maybe the Japanese fans were loving the whole 'Vergil is his father' thing...

Gah! Why don't I live in Japan. I'd go stand with a picketboard outside CAPCOM's HQ demanding something a bit more like DMC3. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom