• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is dante's son??!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
DMC Dante is more of a Casanova wannabe. If he wanted to have sex, probably he must pay for it. He comes to me a some kind of sexually frustrated If we remember DMC1 novel( canonically is up to you to decide) women find Dante a mama's boy( all town had rumors about it) and a guy to be avoid.While never explained why, they dislike him.
But we can't ask much from a guy with a serious mother's fetishism.It's natural common girls find him disgusting.
Vergil, for another hand, I can imagine him even marry or having a long term girlfriend, since he is the opposite of Dante's.But prostitute's theory can't be ruled out though...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well him being Dante's kid is a little more plausible because Dante is more hedonistic and more reckless so it gives you a lot more freedom in who Nero's mom is etc but the downside is that there were easier ways to bring Nero in that what they chose.

It is plausible that he could be Vergil's kid because we know so little of Vergil's past and character. Plus even if we tout Vergil's rationality as a reason against, Vergil is a man who seems like he understand the value of legacy so he would sire Nero to continue the Sparda Bloodline.

Not out of love but out of pragmatism. Nero and maybe other kids would have born as failsafes to ensure Sparda's conditioned bloodline and also more people to avenge Eva and kill mundus.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Not out of love but out of pragmatism. Nero and maybe other kids would have born as failsafes to ensure Sparda's conditioned bloodline and also more people to avenge Eva and kill mundus.

That. DMC seems to have a rather Medieval setting, and marriage out of love was not usual by standards of middle and upper classes during Medieval times.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Yup, here it is word-for-word:

A shadow knight rose up,
holding an enchanted sword named after me.
That blade will challenge the devil's reign.

Destroying the minions of darkness
that stand in his path,
the knight finally faced the strongest demon.
But his strength was no match
for the devil's dark wrath.
He was defeated and fell into oblivion.

The people offered up their prayers,
believing in the day when the darkness would pass,
and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight.

These prayers became our strength, our miracle,
and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn,
and once again fought the devil's power.

As the shadow knight said,
the darkness has cleared.

Sounds like Dante

He was no match for Mundus and Eva's voice helped him

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Maybe this is what Kamiya-san would've done for DMC if it was still under his direction...
Maybe Nero would've been a generation after him.

To the OP: You should look at my thread on what he would've done with DMC if it was still in his rights... He might've made its story some sort of Classic Castlevania rip-off, albeit less somber and more action-packed. So in essence, your theory would've been possible this way...

Sounds like Dante

He was no match for Mundus and Eva's voice helped him
Only when he's in the human world and his two only Devil Arms were powerless against him...

Kaim Argonar

I'm personally not convinced that Nero is either Dante's or Vergil's son but it is obvious that he's a Sparda. I always though genetic mutation was a better route to go, seeing how it's plays such a large role in DMC4. It wouldn't surprise me if he were some failed Sparda spawn that Agnus and co. thought wouldn't become a threat. Or maybe it's deeper than that.

Who knows? The plot thickens with each theory lol.

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
This theory has been proved wrong a million times and are facts for that.

Nero is 10 years younger than Dante. Dante is 29, Nero is 19...

Can I get a link to where Dante's age is confirmed. I own all of the DMC material (games, manga, anime) but I have never found anything confirming or denying Dante's age, ever. We can guess at his age but I seriously, always thought of Dante being waaaay older than 19. If he were 19, he is awfully big and grown looking for his age. I was say he was at least in his early twenties, I guessed about 25. And if he is 29 in DMC 4, he is the oldest looking 29 yr old I have ever seen. I would say he is at least mid 30's and for an exact age that follows a timeline, he would be 35 by DMC 4. That being said, Nero is also the bulkiest and tallest 17 year old I have ever seen. But, I'm not trying to be rude, I just seriously need to know if Capcom confirmed this because I just posted a thread in Nero Theories that I have been working on for years, and I mean since DMC 4 was released to make sense of Vergil being Nero's father and I'm gonna be sad if Capcom blew all my hardwork out of the water.

Last edited:

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
I always thought that Nero is cca 19-20 years old, even before I started looking around for theories about his origins...
from what I heard from someone was that in the novel Nero was around 18 but they couldn't remember. So I admit I am only going off word of mouth but since Capcom never confirmed...it's all I've got.

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
Agreed. I tried to make sense of it as best I could. I don't know why it is so hard for them to say "Dante is blah-blah years old, Nero is blah blah and a half." Or why it is so hard to make one solid timeline. It's not, but they have to make things waaay more difficult than they have to be. I get multiple people worked on different games, but reference material is not that hard to find. Lol aw Capcom, it's the little things really.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
True, none of the material has actually put him at a certain age. The only times I've actually seen references to age have been online, and people were going by what Capcom employees said during a press release, or what-have-you.

The problem with that is, they change their mind often. They'll say it at one point, and a few years later, they change it. I think even they aren't entirely sure of Dante's age. :laugh:

My theory for Dante's age is something like this, but again, it's only a theory.

DMC3-18-20
DMC1-25-28
Anime- a year or two older than he was in DMC1, though mostly I figure between 26-28
DMC4-mid 30's
DMC2-early to mid 40's

I didn't include the novels or manga because of the whole "canon/not canon" dispute.

But I agree with you, Cranberry; in DMC4, he looks older than 29. I'm prone to thinking 35 and up.

As to Nero, I figure he's somewhere between 17-20.

Both of them possess demon blood, which when they are younger, may appear to make them look somewhat bigger, thus older, and as they age, appear not to be getting that much older, at all-as though having reached their physical peak.

If that makes ANY sense. Sorry, I'm still pretty groggy.

At any rate, if either Vergil or Dante are Nero's father, it's entirely possible for it to have occurred when either one of them was 15. Accidental for Dante? More than likely. Possibly pre-meditated, if it was Vergil. He may not be father material, but it doesn't negate the possibility.

All of this being said (I've gone over my own theories a lot on this) I'm open to pretty much any theory. My only certainty is that Nero is of the Sparda bloodline, one way or another.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Johnny yong Bosch and Reuben Langdon said at a panel that Capcom thought Nero's origins were fairly obvious. When it became apparent that they weren't Capcom just decided to keep it a secret. So they have a plan as to where Nero came from but who knows if they will ever decide to make another DMC game.

^ I actually remember watching that on youtube. It drove me up the wall, but I couldn't blame either Reuben or Johnny for not confirming, nor denying it. Their hands were tied; Capcom, on the other hand, could answer us, and put the debate to rest once and for all...

But naturally, they won't. :banghead:

raxii

Something that has been bugging me is what Dante said to Mundus in the first game:

Mundus: Dante, I will return. And I will rule this world!
Dante: Goodbye. And when you do come back, give my regards to my son will ya?

Did he mean that he had impregnated a woman already or he was just mocking Mundus?

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
I never thought about their demon blood making them bulkier, stronger looking but lol duh it would make sense because they are stronger, which would make Nero such a huge 17 year old.

mocking. Dante was mocking Mundus saying that by the time Mundus would come back, Dante would be long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Something that has been bugging me is what Dante said to Mundus in the first game:

Mundus: Dante, I will return. And I will rule this world!
Dante: Goodbye. And when you do come back, give my regards to my son will ya?

Did he mean that he had impregnated a woman already or he was just mocking Mundus?

I think he was being facetious.

I have a theory (I've come across others with this one, too).

Okay, you know how Sparda was the one who originally took Mundus down, but since he couldn't be killed, he was just sent to lick his wounds for decades (or centuries) in the lowest regions of the Underworld?

My thought is this: Since Dante likewise didn't officially kill Mundus, simply sent him packing, he probably expects that any children he might have in the future will wind up dealing with the same battle.

In short, he probably suspects history will repeat itself; Mundus will rise to power once again, and in turn, will have to be taken down, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom