• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is dante's son??!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Remember what Dante said to Mundus last?

Goodbye! Oh, and when you do come back, give my regards to my son, would ya?

In my thread "What DMC would've been if it was still under Kamiya", he would've intended DMC to be like Castlevania. So maybe Nero would be the next protagonist after Dante which takes place AFTER DMC2 in which Dante no longer existed (just my theory along with this thread's name)! After Nero's story, then comes his son! Then the generations that came next... Kamiya would've intended to make the Sparda Bloodline similar to the vampire hunting Belmont clan.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
He definitely isn't Dante's son:

- He doesn't treat Nero like he's his father.
- He's too young to be Nero's father. Nero is nineteen, Dante is about thirty. How do I know Dante is thirty? Because he was eight when he lost his mother, and DMC1 takes place twenty years later, according to Trish. Sparda was still alive in the twentieth century, but died before Dante and Vergil were born (IIRC). DMC4 takes place ten years after DMC3, which makes Dante about thirty.
So that would mean Dante had Nero when he was eleven.

Aside from that, the symbolism wouldn't make sense. Dante wears red, so how can Nero (blue and red) come from the color red? And of course, he has the Red Queen and the Blue Rose, which obviously isn't a coincidence. Berial tells Nero he is ''just like he was'', meaning Sparda, whom he met 2000 years before.
Nero gets a purple aura when he grips the Yamato, which could indicate he has something to do with Sparda. The Yamato seems to contain Vergil's soul, as becomes evident when Nero gets his Devil Trigger (which is blue and looks sort of like Vergil's DT). Furthermore, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that Nero acts like Sparda. Vergil and Dante represent the two sides of Sparda, whereas Nero kind of acts like Vergil AND Dante at some points.

It got me thinking again, though: since Dante was hurt by the sword that belonged to him (the Rebellion), and got his devil trigger because of that, then maybe Nero got his DT partly because he was hurt by 'parts of Nero Angelo' (the Bianco Angelo demons). Does that mean he's Nero Angelo? No, it just means he has something to do with either Sparda or Nero Angelo.

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
He definitely isn't Dante's son:

- He doesn't treat Nero like he's his father.
- He's too young to be Nero's father. Nero is nineteen, Dante is about thirty. How do I know Dante is thirty? Because he was eight when he lost his mother, and DMC1 takes place twenty years later, according to Trish. Sparda was still alive in the twentieth century, but died before Dante and Vergil were born (IIRC).
So that would mean Dante had Nero when he was eleven.

Aside from that, the symbolism wouldn't make sense. Dante wears red, so how can Nero (blue and red) come from the color red? And of course, he has the Red Queen and the Blue Rose, which obviously isn't a coincidence. Berial tells Nero he is ''just like he was'', meaning Sparda, whom he met 2000 years before.
Nero gets a purple aura when he grips the Yamato, which could indicate he has something to do with Sparda. The Yamato seems to contain Vergil's soul, as becomes evident when Nero gets his Devil Trigger (which is blue and looks sort of like Vergil's DT). Furthermore, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that Nero acts like Sparda. Vergil and Dante represent the two sides of Sparda, whereas Nero kind of acts like Vergil AND Dante at some points.

It got me thinking again, though: since Dante was hurt by the sword that belonged to him (the Rebellion), and got his devil trigger because of that, then maybe Nero got his DT partly because he was hurt by 'parts of Nero Angelo' (the Bianco Angelo demons). Does that mean he's Nero Angelo? No, it just means he has something to do with either Sparda or Nero Angelo.

He's either vergils kid, a reancarnation of sparda, or he is an experiment of dante and vergils blood and a decendent of eva's bloodline

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
He's either vergils kid, a reancarnation of sparda, or he is an experiment of dante and vergils blood and a decendent of eva's bloodline

Yeah, I thought of the 'reincarnation of Sparda' theory as well, but it wouldn't be probable. I mean, reincarnation means that the spirit is reborn in a (completely) different body. However, Nero already had white hair and extraordinary strength like Sparda and the twins, so that still leaves the question: is Nero related to Sparda, and did Sparda reincarnate in his relative's body? But then, who is Nero? Who is his father and who is his mother?

I think it's still the most probable that he's an experiment, created by somebody who thought he'd be doing the Order of the Sword a favor by giving them a combination of Dante and Vergil. But maybe he became afraid of Nero, or it was always his intention to leave him at the orphanage.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah, I thought of the 'reincarnation of Sparda' theory as well, but it wouldn't be probable. I mean, reincarnation means that the spirit is reborn in a (completely) different body. However, Nero already had white hair and extraordinary strength like Sparda and the twins, so that still leaves the question: is Nero related to Sparda, and did Sparda reincarnate in his relative's body? But then, who is Nero? Who is his father and who is his mother?

I think it's still the most probable that he's an experiment, created by somebody who thought he'd be doing the Order of the Sword a favor by giving them a combination of Dante and Vergil. But maybe he became afraid of Nero, or it was always his intention to leave him at the orphanage.

Id say whoever did it thought they would be doing the order a favour by making a vergil dante experiment and prolly had no idea of their evil intentions(they may have suspected though) so they sent the experiment to the home of sparda in hopes that the world would always have a dark knight to defend it.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Id say whoever did it thought they would be doing the order a favour by making a vergil dante experiment and prolly had no idea of their evil intentions(they may have suspected though) so they sent the experiment to the home of sparda in hopes that the world would always have a dark knight to defend it.

That's actually a really good thought! It may be that he wanted to send Nero there to stop the Order from doing evil. That would be analogous to what Dante and Trish did: they gave the Order the Sparda sword to see what they would do with it; to see if they really were evil. Excellent.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
That's actually a really good thought! It may be that he wanted to send Nero there to stop the Order from doing evil. That would be analogous to what Dante and Trish did: they gave the Order the Sparda sword to see what they would do with it; to see if they really were evil. Excellent.

Exactly both dante and trish and the order that created nero both wanted to flush out the order of the sword and theyre intentions now dante and trish way over played their hand while whoever created nero was subtle they gave them an experiment of dante and vergil knowing he would grow strong and independant they prolly even made sure he would go to kyrie and credo to make sure he grew up with morals they hoped that int he end the order would either prove good and nero would always have the support and if they proved either it was the hope nero would stop them and they prolly planned and hoped dante would mentor him as well

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Exactly both dante and trish and the order that created nero both wanted to flush out the order of the sword and theyre intentions now dante and trish way over played their hand while whoever created nero was subtle they gave them an experiment of dante and vergil knowing he would grow strong and independant they prolly even made sure he would go to kyrie and credo to make sure he grew up with morals they hoped that int he end the order would either prove good and nero would always have the support and if they proved either it was the hope nero would stop them and they prolly planned and hoped dante would mentor him as well

That really makes sense. But then, I don't know if Capcom would agree with it. They probably don't have such great writers :p

Oh, and I'd almost say: ''brace yourself for the 'this is pure fan fiction' comments''. I'm expecting somebody to say that soon XD. But yeah, that's a very good thought.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
That really makes sense. But then, I don't know if Capcom would agree with it. They probably don't have such great writers :p

Oh, and I'd almost say: ''brace yourself for the 'this is pure fan fiction' comments''. I'm expecting somebody to say that soon XD. But yeah, that's a very good thought.

lol Thanks ive been going witht he experiment theory for awhile or a distant relative but that relative thing is a strech and so is the vergils son theory as the time doesnt quite match up

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
lol Thanks ive been going witht he experiment theory for awhile or a distant relative but that relative thing is a strech and so is the vergils son theory as the time doesnt quite match up

If Capcom could, they'd probably say that Vergil and Dante are 1000 years old or something, just to make it possible for Nero to be Vergil's son. I just wish they could see what we write here :(

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
If Capcom could, they'd probably say that Vergil and Dante are 1000 years old or something, just to make it possible for Nero to be Vergil's son. I just wish they could see what we write here :(

Send some of it in although im not sure if itll help you remember me going nuts over how an online option would save the dmc franchise and bring in a ton of money(which i still believe) maybe sending in saying hey make nero an experiment here's why here's why it makes sense here's how you can make a game out of it would help

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Send some of it in although im not sure if itll help you remember me going nuts over how an online option would save the dmc franchise and bring in a ton of money(which i still believe) maybe sending in saying hey make nero an experiment here's why here's why it makes sense here's how you can make a game out of it would help

I would, but I don't really have the time to write a physical letter and send it to their US headquarters. I could try a comment via Twitter or something, but they often don't even personally reply to their Twitter accounts, they have people to reply for them. Anyway, I have to get busy translating an entire website from Dutch to English :sleep:. I'll see if I can get something out somewhere.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I would, but I don't really have the time to write a physical letter and send it to their US headquarters. I could try a comment via Twitter or something, but they often don't even personally reply to their Twitter accounts, they have people to reply for them. Anyway, I have to get busy translating an entire website from Dutch to English :sleep:. I'll see if I can get something out somewhere.

Holy have fun with that job lol

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Late to the party, but I figure I'll give my two-cents' worth on the topic.

For one, I'm not sure if this has been corrected or not, but whoever thought Dante is only 10 years older than Nero? Doubtful. Capcom never official stated his age, but it's more likely that he's in his late 30's, which would make it possible for him to be Nero's father.

That being said, I don't think Dante is. I'm open to the possibility that he is, but I'm leaning more toward Vergil; hell, it's even possible he's a younger half brother. I'll explain both:

In the case of Vergil being Nero's father, despite his apparently cold demeanor, it's entirely possible he got someone pregnant before the events of DMC3. There is a lot of evidence to support Nero being his son but admittedly, that same evidence could point to even Dante and Sparda. One of those things is Yamato; Yamato originally belonged to Sparda who passed it down to Vergil. So when Yamato reacted to Nero dying and aided him in awakening his devil, it could be either because it belonged to Vergil, or because Nero is of the Sparda bloodline, period.

Now, whether he is Dante's, Vergil's, or Sparda's son is still unclear. It is assumed Sparda died shortly after he disappeared (around Dante and Vergil's eighth birthday). If he was killed, then Nero was either sired by Dante or Vergil.

If Sparda did not die, however, it may have gone something like this: Imagine Sparda recovers and returns from whatever he was doing and wherever he disappeared to-just to hear the rumours that Eva and his sons have been killed (obviously his sons aren't dead...or at least not both of them). So, he grieves. After some time passes, he may very well settle down with another human woman, and pass on his legacy further before disappearing for good.

Again, I'm leaning more toward Nero being Vergil's son. As far as we can tell, despite how powerful he is, Nero is still not at the level of Dante or Vergil, and his devil trigger is far different from theirs-which I think means he is only a quarter devil. Not to mention how his arm changed sometime just before the events in DMC4.

Apparently more of this is touched on in the "Deadly Fortune" series that has yet to be released in any other language besides Japanese (though some people have translated bits and pieces). However, there's controversy about whether those novels are considered canon, or not.

I have other theories, but I'm more of the mind he's Vergil's son, due to the implications throughout the game.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Late to the party, but I figure I'll give my two-cents' worth on the topic.

For one, I'm not sure if this has been corrected or not, but whoever thought Dante is only 10 years older than Nero? Doubtful. Capcom never official stated his age, but it's more likely that he's in his late 30's, which would make it possible for him to be Nero's father.

I believe the game's director said DMC4 takes place ''roughly ten years after DMC3.'' Since Dante is 19 in DMC3, that makes him about thirty in DMC4. And to be honest, he looks like he's thirty, not forty or something. Also, look at Lady and Trish. They both seem about 30.

In the case of Vergil being Nero's father, despite his apparently cold demeanor, it's entirely possible he got someone pregnant before the events of DMC3. There is a lot of evidence to support Nero being his son but admittedly, that same evidence could point to even Dante and Sparda. One of those things is Yamato; Yamato originally belonged to Sparda who passed it down to Vergil. So when Yamato reacted to Nero dying and aided him in awakening his devil, it could be either because it belonged to Vergil, or because Nero is of the Sparda bloodline, period.

Nero seems to be aided by Vergil when he goes into Devil Trigger. This seems obvious when you play as Nero in DT, since he says some of Vergil's lines: 'blast', 'begone', and 'jackpot'. That last word is one Nero could never have known to be significant. Only Dante and Vergil said 'jackpot', and it should only hold meaning to them. Nero's DT awakened when he got hurt by the demons who were 'made out of parts of Nero Angelo' (the Bianco Angelos). So he probably went into DT either because he got mortally wounded, or because he got hurt by something that came from his own bloodline (Nero Angelo/Vergil). It's important to note that Dante got his DT when he was hurt by his own sword, which was left to him by Sparda. Maybe the same thing happened here, with something containing parts of Sparda's bloodline (Nero Angelo) wounding Nero and making him go into DT. Then the Yamato responded to Nero because... well, either because he's a demon or because he has the blood of Sparda's family line.

If Sparda did not die, however, it may have gone something like this: Imagine Sparda recovers and returns from whatever he was doing and wherever he disappeared to-just to hear the rumours that Eva and his sons have been killed (obviously his sons aren't dead...or at least not both of them). So, he grieves. After some time passes, he may very well settle down with another human woman, and pass on his legacy further before disappearing for good.

No offense, but there is no way he would not have noticed Dante or Vergil being still alive. Dante pretty much leaves a trail wherever he goes, and as far as I know, he's very well-known. Just the fact that he has an agency should tip Sparda off. Or Vergil resurrecting the Temen-Ni-Gru in DMC3.

Again, I'm leaning more toward Nero being Vergil's son. As far as we can tell, despite how powerful he is, Nero is still not at the level of Dante or Vergil, and his devil trigger is far different from theirs-which I think means he is only a quarter devil. Not to mention how his arm changed sometime just before the events in DMC4.

Since Nero wears blue and red and wields the Red Queen and Blue Rose (Sparda hints) while his Devil Trigger is blue and looks a lot like Vergil's DT, I'd say his Devil Trigger is influenced by the Yamato (or Vergil, if part of Vergil's soul is inside the Yamato, which seems to be the case). His arm doesn't make sense to me, though. It seems to be part of him, like a partial Devil Trigger.

Apparently more of this is touched on in the "Deadly Fortune" series that has yet to be released in any other language besides Japanese (though some people have translated bits and pieces). However, there's controversy about whether those novels are considered canon, or not.

I heard that that novel is basically canon, since it was written by the same person who wrote DMC4. But then, that would make Nero Vergil's son, which doesn't make much sense if you consider their age. Nero is 19, Vergil would be about thirty. So... Vergil conceived Nero when he was 11... yeeeah. It also would make it odd that official artwork of Nero shows him sporting a full DT body. If he's only a quarter demon, shouldn't he have a mostly human body? I know he does, but the arm doesn't make sense. And just the fact that his artwork shows him as a full demon is very odd.

I still think it would be the most logical if he turned out to be an experiment, made by combining Dante and Vergil's genes. That would explain why he's blue and red, why Berial says he's ''just like he was'' (Sparda), and it would make sense for the game's plot. I mean, Nero is in THE place where Sparda is worshiped. If he's only Vergil's son, wouldn't that make it weird? All this Sparda symbolism, even a fight with THE SAVIOR (Sparda), and yet, Nero is just Vergil's son? Not really appropriate.

Sorry for the long post, and replying inside the quote.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So, to summarize:
Nero is probably helped by part of Vergil's soul. That's why he uses Vergil's catchphrases in DT.
Nero probably got his DT because he was mortally wounded by something that came from the Sparda line (Bianco Angelos made out of Nero Angelo). That, or demons just get their devil trigger from being badly hurt.

There's still too many hints to Sparda. Nero is in the place where Sparda was worshiped, and the town of which Sparda was the feudal lord. Berial says he's just like Sparda. Nero wears blue and red and has blue and red weapons (Sparda's purple divided into basic colors). Nero even acts sort of like Vergil as well as Dante. Small details like him having boots similar to Vergil's while having red clothing too. He fights The Savior (Sparda). Wut. He fights Dante on a statue of Sparda in the beginning of the game (the statue's sword breaks loose).

So Vergil's soul helps him out, but I doubt Vergil could be his father due to their ages. Vergil and Dante: 30. Nero: 19. Nope. Sparda's son? I really want Nero to be another son of Sparda, but that would make everything that happened in DMC3 pretty much useless. Two amulets, and twins. Then Nero suddenly pops up.

It would be fun if he's another son of Sparda, though. But since Sparda died according to DMC1, that's doubtful. Don't know how he died, though. Because of sealing the demon world off from the human world?

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
So, to summarize:
Nero is probably helped by part of Vergil's soul. That's why he uses Vergil's catchphrases in DT.
Nero probably got his DT because he was mortally wounded by something that came from the Sparda line (Bianco Angelos made out of Nero Angelo). That, or demons just get their devil trigger from being badly hurt.

There's still too many hints to Sparda. Nero is in the place where Sparda was worshiped, and the town of which Sparda was the feudal lord. Berial says he's just like Sparda. Nero wears blue and red and has blue and red weapons (Sparda's purple divided into basic colors). Nero even acts sort of like Vergil as well as Dante. Small details like him having boots similar to Vergil's while having red clothing too. He fights The Savior (Sparda). Wut. He fights Dante on a statue of Sparda in the beginning of the game (the statue's sword breaks loose).

So Vergil's soul helps him out, but I doubt Vergil could be his father due to their ages. Vergil and Dante: 30. Nero: 19. Nope. Sparda's son? I really want Nero to be another son of Sparda, but that would make everything that happened in DMC3 pretty much useless. Two amulets, and twins. Then Nero suddenly pops up.

It would be fun if he's another son of Sparda, though. But since Sparda was 'sealed' (whatever that means), it's doubtful.

Being sealed doesnt mean "dead" so maybe he had another child somehow while still being "sealed" or he couldve idk divided himself somehow sending a part of himself to fortuna his "home" im not sure how that works or how the part of him was a child but meh its a theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom