• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MVCI leak + DMC5 rumor

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
As always, keep in mind not to give rumors too much credit, but just for the record, I thought of sharing this with y'all.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
There is already a lot of misinformation, like "game journalists" saying it will be a DMC5 because of that actor Nils (whatever) profile's mention of DMC5 ( even if it was confirmed to be DmC)
So this tweet is similar to any rational conclusion: if Itsuno's tweet is about a new DMC, it's natural that Dante ( if he will be present in MvC4) to be have a new look.
Rumours were straight forward about a new DMC presentation in E3 2016 and PSX 2016 and we got nothing yet.

Edit:
Now that I think about it, MvC3 Dante's look was essentially DMC3 Dante and PXZ Dante was a version DMC1's one, so this tweet holds itself in a partial fallacy: costumes seem to be chosen by popularity than novelty.

Last edited:

Reign

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite needs to have an Adventure mode in the style of DMC. It's a lot to ask, but imagine the amount of ground they could cover. Just a thought.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
Would Capcom be making it then or another developer?

DMC4 was such a rehashed mess...that can't continue with DMC5. It would need to be more like DMC3 if they are reverting from the reboot.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You know, I wanna keep hope that there will be another DMC game, be it DMC5, DmC2, another reboot, just long as it's something.
But we've been dicked around so much, I will not get excited until I see a teaser trailer.

Reign

Would Capcom be making it then or another developer?

DMC4 was such a rehashed mess...that can't continue with DMC5. It would need to be more like DMC3 if they are reverting from the reboot.

Capcom would have to. People are far too sensitive now than ever before. Capcom can't have another dev, even platinum, touch DMC because people would think their interpretation is meant to replace original Dante.

In proper English, Capcom's best series have had different takes on their characters to extend their legacy beyond a specific border. In this case, take DMC's Dante (OG Dante), he was centered around anime and could never be seen in a movie or in the real world. DmC Dante is centered around realism, one where you can see Dante roaming your own city streets without looking out of place.

They sought to cover ground with the character but fans saw it as an assassination attempt on DMC. Sadly we could've had yearly DmC and DMC games.

Reign

I have a problem with yearly releases though. It usually means lack of polish and rushed products. And I highly doubt Capcom would have the money to fund two separate istances of the same franchise with alternate releases.

Ah yearly releases. I do prefer a 2 year production time, especially if they already have the assets and won't be working with any technical upgrades.

If Capcom could pump out Special Edition of DMC 4 and DmC, then they'd have the money to send out both games back to back especially if DmC was successful.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If Capcom could pump out Special Edition of DMC 4 and DmC, then they'd have the money to send out both games back to back especially if DmC was successful.

Special editions ain't the same thing as making a whole new game though.

Reign

C'mon bro, no need for the sarcasm.

Anyway, I'm not buying into any rumours - no matter how genuine they appear - It's about time we saw something solid if it is ever happening.

Well come on, no matter what we see, we now have an idea of what the general community of DMC is like. So much hate for nothing. Capcom would probably just give us a youtube series that's 10 minutes a episode and be done with it.

That is what we deserve if anything. Lol

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well come on, no matter what we see, we now have an idea of what the general community of DMC is like. So much hate for nothing. Capcom would probably just give us a youtube series that's 10 minutes a episode and be done with it.

That is what we deserve if anything. Lol
You know, I'm personally sick of hearing this perception of the fandom. So a few of us take their criticism of the reboot to far, and we ALL have to get a bad name for it? I say, bull f@$king sh!t, EVERY fandom has it's share of idiots. I don't see what makes us so bad

Reign

You know, I'm personally sick of hearing this perception of the fandom. So a few of us take their criticism of the reboot to far, and we ALL have to get a bad name for it? I say, bull f@$king sh!t, EVERY fandom has it's share of idiots. I don't see what makes us so bad

Hmm. I don't know. Death threats, protests, and just plain hatred for anything Capcom attempts to do. That's what DMC fans do. Megaman fans will whine, but death threats? No. Any other fandom in Capcom would NOT do this. If people hate hearing this perception then that's what it is and that's what it'll stay. I don't even think NT would return because of the insanity, they are proud of DmC, but they are not proud with the type of people they had to deal with.

Meg

Annnnnd before this goes any further! :D

Let's not complain about how terrible the DMC fanbase is on a DMC fan forum, please. Only ever ends in nonsense and thread closures. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom