• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marionette fan club

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Let's face it, the marionettes from the original are cool. Let's pay them their due. I mean, they spin shotguns in a way Dante doesn't until DMC2, so they teach our hero something. Their attacks, both ranged and melee are precise and some of the creepiest to grace a DMC game. I love them! :D
Who's with me?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'm in. They are surely my favorite "usual enemies" in the whole Devil May Cry series. Especially the first time I played DMC (I was a total noob on games back then) I lost to the very first ones - because I was intimidated and panicked:p They rock.

300px-Marionette.jpg

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hear, hear! I thought the Marionettes were the best level 1-tier fodder in the Devil May Cry series. Much better than the Sins in DMC3 and the puppets in DMC4. Three cheers for the Marionettes! :p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
marionettes are scary.They are strong and fast too.Got killed by them numerous times in every mode,espcially DMD mode. They are great,eventhough they are common enemies. Here is my preference for common enemies in every DMD games:

Marionettes (DMC) > Seven sins (DMC 3) > Scarecrows (DMC 4) > Finis Demon (DMC 2).

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
I didnt like them. I have pupaphobia and automatonophobia, so facing giant killer homosidel possesed puppets isnt high on list of things i like to fight

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
They were awesome, and they kind of set the tone for the other games, Dark and Evil everywhere.

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
Black Angel;143178 said:
^Now I have to go look that up.........
Pupaphobia's a fear of puppets, and automationaphobia is a fear of anything that falsly resembles a sentient being (like a staute. Or puppets)

Sicktress

Artist
They scare me too :( I'm a big pansy, I liked the non-scary DMC4 bad guys. But that's part of why DMC1 was sooo good you didn't expect the puppets just sitting in a corner to wake up and slash at you!

DeathsinMari

I always watched my older bro play DMC, and it was awesome. Too bad I didn't get to play it before my parents and i moved out. :( But my high school counsellor is giving me his son's PS2 so I might be able to find DMC somewhere! ...but I enjoyed watching my bro. The only ones that seemed to scare me at that time (I was 7 or 8) were the light-blue ones, because of those massive coathanger blades they were swingin' around. I think it's aichmophobia (fear of sharp/pointed objects) that may be holding me back. :p And also atychiphobia (fear of failure) might also stop me from getting used to the controls. :eek:

Top Bottom