• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Killing eclipse

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter 1

4 years ago, the Westphalian institute Meonia was disbanded. Its demise saw the United Kingdom in a state of decadence. The U.S. without its counterpart could not be the NWO. This decline, saw by the demons seemed the opportune time to enslave the world's most powerful nation. Leading them was none other than Ysallu the pennerwydd of darkness. Ysallu's legions reigned terror upon the innocents, and all of the states guns availed them not.

Caught amidst this terror was a legend, his name was Dante. His past experiences had left him less cocky, almost enigmatic, a sagacious hero who fought for justice. The streets were crowded, innocents were screaming in the face of the blood rusted, macabre weapons of terror which Ysallu's legions wielded. Dante, leapt headlong into the fray.

"Heeelp us!" Came a near scream. Dante hastened to the place, a woman and her child were surrounded, The demons they were faced with had the avatar of evil. Dante's handguns found their mards and blew off the demons' very skulls. Surrounded, he cut his way into an alley where more civilians were surrounded. The moon crept in front of the sun and thus had the darkness come to claim this world.

Dante eventually dispatched the demons in spite of their dark-amplified strength. "I need to find Lady" he muttered to himself. He sped off, unaware of the figure shadowing him...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yey, Phantarch, how are you?

Nice story so far keep it up :)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter 2

Dante ran headlong into a field of illusion, the tortured screams echoed inside his mind, his gut writhed as if it was being handled by talons of a wyrm through his belly laid open. He retreated, Ysallu's spells were powerful indeed, he would have to find a way to dispel it.

"Dante!" Came a shout from above, he looked up, only to see Lady, who he's been looking for. She flipped off of the building, flipping to shoot a wy'ure (wyvern-vultue) as the black scythes it bore as talons sang past her ears. One bullet hit the weak area in its neck and black blood oozed from the open wound as it choked before succumbing to a grisly death. It fell to the ground with a tremendous thud.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall" Dante remarked.
"Hmph" Was Lady's reply, it wasn't bitter, it was more an agreeable grunt than anything else.
"So, why are you here?" Dante asked.
"I would've thought that's obvious, demon slaying"
"Yeah, but placing yourself in the middle of this ****storm wasn't exactly the wisest move"
"You can talk!"
"Yeah, well, I'm not susceptible to such an easy death as you am I?"

The question was supposed to be rhetorical but Lady answered it "It's not easy to kill me, many of your kind have found that out already"
Dante chuckled amiably "Yeah, you sure got that right"
"So are we going to sit here arguing and splitting hairs or are we going to get to work?"
This question, in contrast was fully rhetorical.
Dante briefed her on the illusion field and they split up, Dante heading north, lady heading west. Great power was everywhere. the hard part was attaining it. Certain Westphalian cults had learned to control a power nigh on indomitable. That would be their key, all they had to do was seek out the man know as Beyne.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter 3

"Beyne, registrat of the great covenant,
Beyne, pennerwydd of light,
Beyne, The enigmatic master of the Westphalian Brotherhood.

It was he who stole the true third eye of Mundus, the shield stone, with it he is invincible in combat and his magical prowess is nothing short of legendary. He may bargain with he who is true of purpose.

Be warned however, the long years of his life have made him cold beyond contempt. I Banfa'ith of the golden plain and Lady of the divine order have been decieved by him. He is unpredictable, even tho the lord of fate.

To survive an encounter with him you must be clear of purpose, you must bear the ardour of your father and the candour of the divine. Take my advice and go onward, son of Sparda"

The Banfa'ith spoke to Dante inside his mind. He memorised the words and continued. Turning into an alley, he was ambushed by a demonic kunoichi, he had no time to attack his quarry as it was disintegrated with a flash of amethyst light.

A man emerged out of the shadows holding an odd stone. He was wearing a very strange garment which bore the eye of Horus encased in a pyramid, upon seeing the man's piercing eyes, he knew he had found his true quarry, he had encountered Beyne...

(BTW thanks for the comments everyone! Comments are always appreciated in my fanfics whether they're praise or creative criticism.)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Again thanks for the comments... and the rep:D

Chapter 5.

"Son of Sparda" Beyne's voice was very deep.
"Yes?"
"You seek the shield stone"
"Yes"
"Hmm... Your purpose is clear yet your heart is hidden, even to me. Are you sure that you do not lie to yourself. In your heart are both the desire to preserve this world and its inhabitants, in the other hand is the demonic ideal to rule this world no matter what the cost. There is no clear victor at this moment. Find the banfa'ith of the golden plains, her awen will cleanse your heart"
"You mean I came here for nothing?"
"No, you came here to learn, and learned you have, for to be warned against yourself is to be warned against potentially your greatest adversary. I shall await you in London, England find the destroyed headquaters of Meonia, if you have succeeded in the cleansing of your heart you shall have the shield stone, if not, then I will kill you. I have no sympathy for demons."

With that Beyne disappeared.

Dante cursed under his breath, how on earth was he going to find the banfa'ith of the golden plains. Then a voice echoed in his head "Despair not, my son I am not as hard to find as you so think."

Two words had given it away. Dante hastened back to his shop, just ignoring the demons on the way. The picture of Eva was rippling, he put his hand through the rippples and caught a hand, the photo then tore in half, along with its frame as out stepped his mother. She had become the banfa'ith of the golden plains after she was taken by darkness many years back.

Her eyes were sad, she held Dante's hand and he felt the divine awen flowing through him. His mother disappeared. He was saddened to have lost the picture of her. However, he hardened his resolve and started making preparations for his next encounter with Beyne.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I have chapter 6 in my head but I'll have to post it later as I keep getting cut off by my rather loquacious sister (always on the phone).

Thanks for the rep and praise;):cool:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter 6.

Dante spent days in preparation for his next encounter with Beyne. Eva's awen had not only purified his heart and soul but it had also significantly increased his skill. It was a necessity to say the least, Ysallu's minions had turned the streets into a stinking fleshy mass consistiting of putrefying parapets overlooking precipital pits, at the bottom of which lay crude, ramshackle armament factories which spewed a myriad of unholy smells and carcinogenic gases.

Ysallu was wasting no time in his conquest. The once proud citizens of the northern states had been reduced to a rabble of poorly clothed, skeletol slaves. They were all in terror of the oppressive demonic pennerwydd.

Dante fought his way through the streets, merrily eviscerating demons on his way to an aircraft hangar. A new type of demon blocked his path. He beheaded it but its head just regenerated. Cursing he stabbed a multitude of viscious wounds into its torso and as it lay crumpled in a heap with viscous, acidic black blood forming a small puddle around it, he went confidently to board a cessna. With the engine roaring to life Dante set course for England and the final encouter with Beyne. The once certain course of history was now a thing of dark enigma to Dante. In order for time to restore itself, Ysallu had to be defeated.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter 7

"Youth of delight come hither,
And see the opening morn,
Image of truth new born.
Doubt is fled & clouds of reason,
Dark disputes & artful teazing.
Folly is an endless maze.
Tangled roots perplex her ways,
How many have fallen there!
They stumble all night over bones of the dead:
And feel they know not what but care:
And wish to lead others when they should be led"

"The Voice of the Ancient Bard"

This was a song of experience though the author William Blake would never know its significance later on. It was essentially the full philosiphy of the Westphalian.

Dante landed outside the city border of london. He hastened to where the sun was directly overhead and since it was exactly midday, that was where he should be. Horus after all was the God of the sun. A feigned applause greeted him when he entered the long abandoned headquaters of Meonia. It was quite a humble building, when its location had been given away, the general public in mass hysteria tore the place apart. Beyne was at the top of a staircase.
"So I see you've arrived son of sparda"
"So I see you have a knack for pointing out the bloody obvious"
"Tch, tch, tch, watch your tone, you won't be able to lift a finger to save this world if you're dead"
"If you're so powerful, why don't you save it"
Those words wiped the smug smile off Beyne's face
"I am through saving the world, son of Sparda, I have saved this world more times than you dare imagine, what is my thanks, I am stabbed in the back by those who I deemed worthy compatriots. My British branch here has been desecrated and the demons rose up yet again. I can defeat Ysallu but I won't, I'll be safe as I am and I will watch this world fall for betraying me"
"This is hopeless, I was told you may strike a deal with me if I proved myself clear of purpose"
"Yes, but you weren't told what I wanted in return"
"What's that?"
"You channel the banfa'ith awen into the shield stone"
"What will happen then?"
"The two fiercely opposed energies, the purity of the awen and the corruption of the stone will cause an imbalance in the existence of the stone, when the time is right, it will ensure no one dares cross any branch of the Westphalian brotherhood"
"What do you mean?"
Beyne gave a cold smile.
"You're going to kill them?"
"No, you are going to do the deed, and it won't be killing them so much as reprogramming them. You see for the Westphalian brotherhood to exist we have had to utilise hoodlums in governments to clear away any conspiriologist whilst making sure the press duped the general public into believing we don't exist, not any more, this will be mutually beneficial, my friend. Some things are better off not knowing, as well you know."
"I don't like this"
"Do this, no one will hold you accountable, not me, not your mother, no one"
"Urgh, alright, I'll do it"
"Then we have a deal"
Beyne passed him the shield stone and at the same time he felt the banfa'ith's energy leaving him.
It was now a race against time to find Ysallu and defeat him.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter 8.

Dante hastened out of the building, heading towards the Cessna he had took to get to England.
Heading back to the states he was intercepted by a flying demon, possibly the most repugnant sight he had everlaid eyes on, Its eyes shone a madness of great magnitude, practically white with bloodstained pupils which reflected the colour of rot. Yellow intestines were protruding through its belly, its skin was putrefying and to top it off, its jaw unhinged to reveal eaght rows of razor sharp teeth, doused in blood and looking as cruel as the scythes wielded by the sins, deaths jailors and hell vanguards. Dante cursed as he utilised every evasive technique he knew, trying to shake off his putrefying persuer. Eventually the demon flew away. As if in answer to a being more malevolent than itself.

Dante got back without any further trouble. Things were about the same as when he had left. Ysallu whas preparing to massacre the south. Dante found himself facing a multitude of demons. His blade, quick to hand severed both ranks and heads. His whirlwind of laceration was soon accompanied with a maelstrom of bullets as Lady leapt into the fray.
The demonic horde was pulverised in a matter of moments.

"You have become too large a thorn in my side" It was Ysallu, unlike the previous demons his eyes had a small degree of sanity. He was fully encase in demonic armour but he was armed with merely a lute. He plucked a sting, a vicious spell sent Dante and Lady flying back a few metres.
Dante and lady flipped back up only to find Ysallu had disappeared. Just then Lady drew a pistol and pointed it at Dante, she shot him and then ran away cackling maniacally, she had been possessed...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
chapter 9

Dante soon came around. He saw Ysallu.
"Why are you still here?" Dante asked.
"You are strong, you are a son of Sparda, are you not?"
"Why?"
"Not all demons are without honour, your woman was possessed by a force that I couldn't comprehend, my guess is the Ghulgerith."
"The who?"
"They are a vicious type, they draw sexual pleasure from the suffering of others, demon, god, human, it matters not, my invasion here was to ensure that they did not tear this realm apart, you do know that the humans are far too weak to defend themselves against high order evil. I had to force them too work, okay, I did not pity them and I felt disgusted with their weakness but it was necessary. The truth is, you defeated the strongest of them, Mundus. He was one of them, I, like the original demon king and your father, am pure demon. They are many in number. By the way, the banfa'ith's awen inside that stone has been obliterated by my power."
"What"
"Now, won't Beyne be in trouble, ah yes, he will have to explain everything."
"We're being watched"
"Yes, by them, unknowingly Beyne is being manipulated by one of his own compatriots, or rather, one in the guise of one of his compatriots. I will allow you the power to destroy the Ghulgerith. Once that has been accomplished, this world will serve me no purpose, I need to destroy them here in order to take the silver plains, that will put me in a position to negotiate with the Banfa'ith of the golden plains. Once that has been accomplished, I will be one of the transcendants"
"Why should I believe you"
"Ha ha, I haven't given you much insentive to trust me, have I. Okay, for your father's sake, do this"
"My father, you mean...?"
Ysallu nodded.
This meant Sparda was still alive.

Top Bottom