• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Devil May Cry 4 slow?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So I played DMC4, for the first in a long time last night. (I played mission 18, so I was playing as Dante) it was the first time I had played the game since I turned on Turbo Mode for DMC3...the movements were fluid....but Dante felt kinda slow...I'm not hating, I like Devil May Cry 4, but am I alone on this?

Note: I have the PS3 versions of the games (all 5)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Dante is in fact slower and heavier than Nero, which I think it was the idea between these two characters. Nero is basically a DMC3 Dante in his movements .

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmmm honestly I don't have the same feeling... I too play DMC4 and DMC3 alternatively these days, but I don't have the same feeling... although I prefer DMC4 in terms of animations, obviously, they are more fluid.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Hmmm honestly I don't have the same feeling... I too play DMC4 and DMC3 alternatively these days, but I don't have the same feeling... although I prefer DMC4 in terms of animations, obviously, they are more fluid.
Could it be I'm just rusty with the game?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
you're not alone, in my case, i feel Nero plays more casually while dante was more for the advanced, hardcore whatever you want to call them players.. that's one of the reasons i don't like dante in 4 --apart from his costume;attitude;voice acting;gestures, wow, that's almost everything.. i'm not one those hardcore players

the thing is, they made us play as nero, dante, then nero again, so the phase would be getting used to nero and i enjoyed it, then i have to get used to dante and to be really familiar with the on-the-fly style changing, then i played nero again, and here, it very much felt significant, the difference between dante and nero..

it's kinda like dante n vergil in DmC, after playing vergil, dante felt slow.. i know this isn't your first playthrough so probably it's a different case

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Might be. If you play on PC, enable Turbo. If you already have it enabled, I believe there is a mod that makes the game even faster LOL
I have the PS3 version, and really? They gave the PC version turbo mode but not the console version? That's almost as unfair as the special edition being digital download everywhere but Japan.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I have the PS3 version, and really? They gave the PC version turbo mode but not the console version? That's almost as unfair as the special edition being digital download everywhere but Japan.

Yeah I don't know why no Turbo on console for vanilla DMC4. Maybe the systems couldn't handle it at 60 FPS?

Oh well, the SE will have Turbo on consoles too, at least.

Khundy

Berserker
I feel both are are the same with turbo mode.
compare your game to mine, should help since youtube now plays in 60fps-also turbo mode pc

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It seems slow compared to DMC3 hd with turbo but it is actually around the same however on pc with turbo on it is faster for sure

Judge

They seem pretty fast in videos. Some things about the game are a bit slow yeah. Like how when you press R1, Dante goes into strafe mode, and his movement slows down. Is that what people are thinking of?

Other than that, DMC4's pretty fast, I haven't tried Turbo Mode, but I'm sure its fast enough when it comes out.

Sometimes too fast is a bad thing as well. I thought Bayonetta 2 was too fast, and I didn't really enjoy it as much as Bayonetta 1 or the DMC games.

Khundy

Berserker
Its not as fast as 3 but its way more technical in my opinion and I find it more satisfying. Still trying to master guard fly.

super fast in DMC3 I found with the style switcher mod you can trickster cancel any move

Last edited:
Top Bottom