• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interviews + Some Interesting Stuff

Gaflima

Son of no one.
There I was in my odyssey through the internet, when suddenly I find some things that went unnoticed by me, as some interviews, there's nothing really new in them, I'm posting only to not lose the habit:

G4TV "Creating A Modern Dante"
DmC Devil May Cry: Creative Director Interview
IG Extended : Capcom Captivate Event 2012 Rome

The next is a report of Bryn Richards, counting his days as an animator at Ninja Theory, this is a very interesting read :
http://www.zombryn.co.uk/2012/04/my-time-as-ninja.html

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
That's it, I'm freaking sick of you, Alex Jones. "Modernize", really? You asshole.

Just because it isn't what YOU like, doesn't mean it isn't modern.
DMC was plenty modern the way it was. Man, whenever people decide "Hey maybe this game won't be so bad". It appears Alex likes to come out of absolute thin air and be a d*ck about it to make them hate it again.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, supposedly this takes place in the real world, this one we're in... Yeah, no, no it doesn't. As soon as you add fictional substance your story that isn't grounded in reality, in the commonly known world, your story is no longer set in reality. If the story has a connon then it isn't reality, it's its own seperate entety with rules that govern it that deffer from those og the real world. Transformers doesn't take place in the real world, it takes place in a fictional universe that has it's own laws. At the same time a movie like the Prince of tides does take place in our world because it doesn't need to alter reality or suspend your disbelive to tell it's story.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's it, I'm freaking sick of you, Alex Jones. "Modernize", really? You asshole.

Just because it isn't what YOU like, doesn't mean it isn't modern.
DMC was plenty modern the way it was. Man, whenever people decide "Hey maybe this game won't be so bad". It appears Alex likes to come out of absolute thin air and be a d*ck about it to make them hate it again.

Modern? DMC? ha! So I guess guys with bleach white hair in red long coats, and carrying weapons on them as they walk down the street is the normal thing in our "modern" life, huh?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Modern? DMC? ha! So I guess guys with bleach white hair in red long coats, and carrying weapons on them as they walk down the street is the normal thing in our "modern" life, huh?
That's a rather unfair statement, out of many video game characters Dante's look is nowhere near the most bizzar, or even that odd by videogame standards. Comics still have characters who wear rather strange costumes that you wouldn't see in the real world but through stylisation they incorporate the look into surroundings that make it fit.

Even this new Dante is a stylized figure, while it's an attempt at a more realistic approach he is still carring a large sword and wearing fairly uncommon clothes but in the game there is a degree of stylization that makes it less odd for him to be and look the way that he does.

But to this end how do we define modern? Modern times? Modern culture? Modern trends? Current trends? A world where there are cars, planes, trains, phones and internet?

In DMC4 Kobayashi talked about the world of DMC4. A modern world but with certain diferences like phones, there are phones but no cell phones. And yet if you were to date the story it would take place in or around the time the game was released. However debatable, it is set in modern times in a modern world.

DmC is both the same and different. Set in a modern time in a modern world but with different elements than the previous titles. In this case modern american or british motifs as opposed to japanese ones.

Also, not to pick a fight, I'm genuinly asking, you do know that Dante's hair naturaly white not bleached, right?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
lol he knows he is awesome:
v-for-vendetta-5-11-10-kc.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's a rather unfair statement, out of many video game characters Dante's look is nowhere near the most bizzar, or even that odd by videogame standards. Comics still have characters who wear rather strange costumes that you wouldn't see in the real world but through stylisation they incorporate the look into surroundings that make it fit.

Even this new Dante is a stylized figure, while it's an attempt at a more realistic approach he is still carring a large sword and wearing fairly uncommon clothes but in the game there is a degree of stylization that makes it less odd for him to be and look the way that he does.

But to this end how do we define modern? Modern times? Modern culture? Modern trends? Current trends? A world where there are cars, planes, trains, phones and internet?

In DMC4 Kobayashi talked about the world of DMC4. A modern world but with certain diferences like phones, there are phones but no cell phones. And yet if you were to date the story it would take place in or around the time the game was released. However debatable, it is set in modern times in a modern world.

DmC is both the same and different. Set in a modern time in a modern world but with different elements than the previous titles. In this case modern american or british motifs as opposed to japanese ones.

Also, not to pick a fight, I'm genuinly asking, you do know that Dante's hair naturaly white not bleached, right?

I know his hair is naturally white. But I assumed MrRandomluz meant that DMC was modern to the time now, where people dress in long coats and carry big ass swords on their backs. Yes, New Dante's clothes arn't modern, but they're slightly more modern then what DMC Dante wears. But, like you said "modern" isn't defined as now so I guess you got a point there.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I know his hair is naturally white. But I assumed MrRandomluz meant that DMC was modern to the time now, where people dress in long coats and carry big ass swords on their backs. Yes, New Dante's clothes arn't modern, but they're slightly more modern then what DMC Dante wears. But, like you said "modern" isn't defined as now so I guess you got a point there.
Wait, but neoDante is wearing a coat, and just because he doesn't have the muscle to lift a Cool ass giant sword, means that he is better? I don't follow

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah their is nothing modern or realistic about a demon/angel hybrid walking down the street with a sword somehow attached to his back...

Top Bottom