• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you were in a haunted house what's the first thing that would freak you out?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hmm...I guess pretty much anything moving of its own accord, even if I could convince myself it's just a draft: A chandelier swinging, the door slamming shut behind me, anything that makes sound when the house should otherwise be empty.

I guess a lot of the cliché things, lol. Oh, and if there's a mirror, there's a good chance I'd skirt around it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I...honestly don't know. Last time I was in a haunted house, I panicked and accidentally punched one of the people working there, so...yeah. Everything I'm thinking of really isn't scaring me. I guess seeing figures in mirrors that weren't really there (but that would creep me out anywhere). So...hmm...I think what would scare me is realizing someone was living there and they seem normal enough, but there's just something off about them. They acknowledge their house is in terrible shape, but seem optimistic about it. They don't want you to leave, they've been alone for so long, all they want is some company. Won't you stay for a while? Every time you try to leave, they get angrier and angrier. Eventually you excuse yourself to the bathroom and sneak out the window. You peek in the windows again a few days later and there's no sign anyone has lived there in years.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Is it weird that I like old ancient creepy houses? They're beautiful. They don't build houses like that anymore. I really want one. As long as it's not too dilapidated and pricey to upkeep, so it's gotta have big hearths in the bedrooms (and in the bathrooms, for that matter). I can deal with no electricity. I'm happy to light candles and fires every night/day. It would be like glamping. Can you just picture it????

As for the haunted part. Meh. I'd be too distracted with the architecture of the house and spiders to worry about ghosts. Besides, ghosts are kind of part of the furniture. They belong in old creepy houses.

Any other haunted house? Like an apartment or a suburban modern house? It doesn't take much to scare me. I'd be walking down the hallway minding my own business when I'd look to my left and HOLY MOLY OH SHWAIT IT'S JUST A WALL WAIT MY HEART IS GOING TO STOP.
Really. Or it could be a door. Or a window. Or my own breathing. Anything and everything makes me jump out of my skin. XD

Top Bottom