• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think Nero should have a rival character

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
It seems almost like a main thing now for an action game like DMC to have a rival character for the main hero. Raiden/Sam, Bayonetta/Jeanne Dante/Vergil, ect.. Even if they aren't the main villain, they always play a vital role in the characters development. Giving a driving force for them to get stronger. It's something that i feel Nero severely lacks at the moment. I guess Capcom is trying to go with a Dante and Nero rivalry, but i'm just not seeing it at all... What do you guys think?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Lets just hope he gets another game and more focus first.

The rival idea sounds good but outside of Nero's connection to Vergil there isnt much left to pull from.

Viper

Premium
There was some rivalry visible between Dante and Nero, but these situations have rivals understand each other by the end, so now that thing is gone.
I guess one could always give him a new rival, someone young for him to argue with on the same level, as he already did combination with older man. Not female though, like Dante has, that would make situation for Kyrie even worse.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@NessPSI
Maybe a friendly competition between the two could happen?

Or just give them something serious to fight over.

@Viper
You could always downplay any romance betweem Nero and a potential female rival like Raiden and Mistral from MGR.

They had a dynamic but its not a romantic one.

Viper

Premium
@Viper
You could always downplay any romance betweem Nero and a potential female rival like Raiden and Mistral from MGR.

They had a dynamic but its not a romantic one.
The short-lived interaction between Raiden and Mistral maybe wasn't romantic as Dante's failed kiss in the library, but it was very sexual, Mistral was basically Nevan of MGR. And much like Nevan, Mistral wasn't a rival, but a one-time boss battle. A rival is someone that influences a positive change in hero, that's what Sam did with Raiden, made him get stronger, same as Vergil did with Dante, and Dante did with Nero. Mistral, a manipulative bitch devoted to a man that will give her a world where she can kill to her heart's content, would only bring him to ruin, like she did with Blade Wolf.

That doesn't mean women can't be rivals to men and vice versa, what I'm saying is that those kind of rivalries are always looked at through romantic lens by majority, cause it's considered that men are motivated by honor and women are motivated by love, and Kyrie who is already low ranked when it comes to characters popularity would be just pushed out.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
He had one. Dante.

Though he's no longer a rival.

Vergil would be the next thing, but really he's more like Dante's rival.

I've got it! Kyrie. She betrays Nero and reveals she was secretly a spy working for another organisation. That damn double crossing Kyrie.

Viper

Premium
He had one. Dante.

Though he's no longer a rival.

Vergil would be the next thing, but really he's more like Dante's rival.

I've got it! Kyrie. She betrays Nero and reveals she was secretly a spy working for another organisation. That damn double crossing Kyrie.
Kyrie wouldn't make a good rival as her and Nero are already emotionally connected in romantic way, and her betrayal would only leave him broken and without motivation. Rival is someone you want to compete with, not experience heartbreak every time you see them.
Which is why Credo's death was a totally stupid thing, he could have filled the role.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In Islam, your spouse is supposed to be your rival in good deeds so maybe having some minigames where they compete over chores or play friendly matches of chess or whatever could be a way to make Nero and Kyrie rivals. (Im only half serious:cool:).

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yes he should, but only if he has his own game, if he don't get one, just let it revolve around the main dude

Top Bottom