• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How will Nero power up his weapon(s)? - My thoughts

Chrysander

Yo. So Nero has the motorbike handle accelorator thing on his sword. Whilst that is cool, I wonder what will happen when he gets other weapons. What will L2 be used for then? Will he just happen to come across other weapons with motorbike handles?

What if they took the same approach to Nero as they did with Gene in God Hand? For those who haven't played God Hand, you get to buy moves and then you choose which moves you want to assign to your buttons / combos. That way, Nero would just have 1 gun and 1 sword, but maybe he'd have dozens of moves to buy and you customize him how you want. That way he could retain the accelorator thing, but still have variety. In God Hand there are over 100 moves (I think about 120 in total or something), and at any one time you can have a 6 hit combo, and 5 other custom moves assigned to buttons, along with about 6 standard moves which you can't change, and also scenario-specific 'finishers'. I think those elements would work well in DMC. I also think that the finishers / stun moves would be excellent additions. They work like in Res4. You beat an enemy so much that they are dizzy / stunned, and then when you approach them, you have the option of doing a really cool attack on them, depending on the enemy. So sometimes you do a suplex, sometimes a DDT, sometimes you do a chunli rapid kick, or a fist of the northstar style pounding. It works well, and this would also suit DMC I think.

Top Bottom