• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help with Dante

Xencer

So, I'm on DMD mode, level 15 I believe, my problem isn't with bosses, its with all the fodder demons... With Nero it is soo much easier for me to wipe through all the knights and large scarecrows, and I can get SSS rank easily on him.

But as Dante, he's my favorite character, but he sucks in comparison to playing Nero... It's such a pain to keep switching styles just to evade, or to have a decent combo.

Could someone give me some tips or pointers on how to not keep dying as Dante, I usually play as trickster and when I go DT I go sword master, and I have all the upgrades with Dante and Nero. So the main point of this thread, is to give me some helpful strategies to play well with Dante so I don't die and harm my xbox controller. :D

evilweevle

i dont think i ever bothered using the trickster style, id just jump or roll out the way of attacks, and i mainly stuck to the swordmaster style and just alternated between the devil arms. you dont really need to be switching styles all the time, i only recently started doing it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The whole switching styles is basically for people who are REALLY used to Dante's style of play, stick to the style you're most comfortable with, for me, that was Swordmaster, stick with Rebellion and the Shotgun and remember, making frequent use of the Stinger isn't a bad thing.

Dante is significantly more difficult to use than Nero is, Nero has very little variety in terms of his move sets, whereas Dante has a lot that you need to get used to, but a practically sure fire way to get through levels is by making frequent use of Rebellion, Swordmaster style and the Shotgun, also, don't be afraid to make use of the Devil Trigger, it's there to help, so use it whenever you need it.

Most importantly, try to keep on the move, air combos are especially useful and don't feel as if you HAVE to vary your combos, if you find a move set that works for you, use it and keep using it, there's no need to modify what works for you, the only time you should really try a lot of variation with Dante is when you're fully used to playing his character, his styles and his levels.

Xencer

Hehe, thanks for the help guys, but I FINALLY beat it on DMD mode :D
Now I get to play through human mode WITH super characters bwahaha

Stylish Nereezy

the lone soul reaper
yea u might want to got to youtube and do some studying thats what i do whenever i got stuck in missions(yes i bite other ppls combo ideas)....I have to mentally prepare myself before i start playing with Dante otherwise i will get killed

DevilTrigger

I just stick with swordmaster. always use rebelion switch to gilgamesh for bosses and pandora is always a good choice

Angelo Vergil

Legendary DarkSlayer
For the Blitz monster, use charged shot with shotgun at close range (really really close) or use pin up with Lucifer (when he stops moving for a long time).

To avoid getting hit jump whenever you think he's about to attack and use Trickster aerial dash (Sky Star) if you need to.

Once his shield is down, either immediatly do a Real Impact or if you prefer knock him down with the shotgun before using full house (killer bee) to get close to him and then do a Real Impact.

When the Blitz and Dante get off the ground DT and unDT quickly (this is called a distorted real impact (DRI)), if done correctly the Blitz should pretty much dead.
Do it another time if you need, then simply finish him off.

For the Frosts, try knocking them down with the shotgun before attacking them, or dodge and counter their attacks (attack them from behind). Use Trickter to avoid their moves when you need.

Also, when they spawn from their ice crystal, if you're fast enough you can kill one instantly with a DRI to make your life easier.

For the Mephistos, use charged shot with E&I at very close range (jump to be on level with his head), this will uncloak him very quickly. Then simply hack at them while making sure to avoid any other attacks.

Hope it helped you:)

Top Bottom